Most underrated player in the NHL?

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Nils Hoglander definitely. 22 Even Strength goals tied with Rantanen among forwards and doesn't get near as much ice time nor any PP time.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Simply one of the top wingers in the NHL at this point.

Nearly PPG the last two seasons with little reliance on PP production or unsustainable shooting, one of the most intimidating forecheckers and strongest board players in the entire league, heavy usage PKer and those on-ice, off-ice W-L differences just show what a difference he makes when out there.

He’s a star if you just want to go off simple counting stats…but when you take the complete package into account - he’s on another level.
Some Avs fans were grousing about his last contract even though it was in the flat cap. That was crazy. It was a steal.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It feels awkward to call a 1st Overall pick underrated.
True, but I have no problem/qualms about saying Laffy should be getting more praise.
At 22, he’s a main piece of 1 of the most dangerous lines in the nhl.
Kreider/zibby/panarin/Fox/trochek are all a PPG or better. They are fixtures on the PP and as a unit, get the most time as a PP unit in the league.
Lad has had terrible puck luck for the first 20-25 games, but he should still finish with about 50pts or so…
If he was on 1 PP he’d have 70-80 pts easily. And I don’t say that lightly.
This year he’s taken a giant leap in his overall game.
That’s quite a turnaround from those who called him a bust/wanted him traded a year ago

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
For the Rangers, I would nominate Vince Trocheck. He's been a low-end first line center since forever now.

Also, I always find myself surprised by the amount of goals Adrian Kempe has. There's no hype about it and then I see it and I'm like "wow, he's had a good season."

For Kempe, Id love to hear Kings fans opinion on this.

He's coming off of a 41 goal season, and before that 35. Currently leading the Kings in pts as well, but I never really hear aboht him.

And idk about "most" underrated, but Byram has to he up there too - probably will change fast. Being often injured, playing behind Makar, I feel like it was forgitten how good he was during the Cup run.

Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
It may be Bouchard. We have people calling him a 3rd pairing defender in a thread made about him after 1 bad game...

Bouchard Value.png

Bouchard DFF%.png

He has the best possession numbers against elite competition in the NHL this year.

• Haha
Reactions: kroufum

Crow

May 19, 2014
I guess I am way underrating Erik Gufstasson. Multiple rangers fans listed him in their top 10 players and I always thought of him as a borderline 6D.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I guess Hyman is a great answer now. Always under the radar in Toronto, but he brought his game to another level and joined the 50 goal club.

Few people would’ve guessed that he was capable of filling the back of the net like he has this year.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Eichel. He’s injury prone and arrogant, but there are a handful of guys you’d rather take for a playoff run. Has the ability to control the entire game

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
Eichel. He’s injury prone and arrogant, but there are a handful of guys you’d rather take for a playoff run. Has the ability to control the entire game
Definite No, he has been quite the letdown since the day he was drafted right after McDavid but insisted he was the better player...Pretty sure most could mention 5+ players they would rather on their playoff run..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad