Most Overrated NHL Team

Most overrated team of 2018/19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
But, as the Leaf fans have pointed out, they are 5-1 on the strength of playing 3 of the worst teams in hockey.

Don't rain on their parade.

I keep reading how the leafs early season success should be discounted because of the teams that the leafs have played. The combined record of the leafs’ opponents is 12-6-6. If you take out their games against the leafs, they are a combined 11-3-2 againat the rest of the league. Sure looks like the Leafs have played an easy schedule so far!!!:rolleyes:

Edit: whoops. Totally forgot the leafs played Detroit. Brings it down to 12-9-8 and 12-8-8 not counting the leafs. But the point still stands. Teams change from year to year

Last edited:

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Someday, if and when the Leafs win the Cup, they will still be the most overrated team in the league...

Basically wanted to post this. The Leafs have so many ridiculous fans and so much Canadian media hype that the only way they wouldn't be overrated is if they become a 5 cup winning Dynasty and have players legitimately challenging Lemeiux and Gretzky's records. The hyperbole never stops because it sells well and enough fans lap it up for it to sell well forever.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Try a new board hotshot.

Stop getting your panties in a knot over a harmless comment

Sorry if you cant understand the difference between teams that go deep and almost win and chokers. I am not a lightning fan in the least, I just dont have a complete biased opinion because of the team I cheer for.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Sorry if you cant understand the difference between teams that go deep and almost win and chokers. I am not a lightning fan in the least, I just dont have a complete biased opinion because of the team I cheer for.

Did not realize that losing to two teams who are favorites to win the series classified as choking.

Most people around these parts did not even expect the Leafs to make the playoffs for 5 years. They said the Oilers were far ahead and so were the Sabres. Look how that worked out.

Who would you rather be? A team that won a playoff series against an injured Sharks team after catching lightning in a bottle for one season and then proceeded to return to the basement or a team that hasn't won a playoff series yet against two teams who were favored to win but will make the playoffs every year for the foreseeable future.

Vegas went to the SCF recently. The shitty Senators recently went to the ECF and were one goal away from the SCF. Would you take their rosters over the Leafs because the Leafs haven't won a playoff series yet?

It is very trendy to hate the Leafs, I get it, but anyone who thinks one of the most exciting teams in hockey is overrated, they need to watch another sport.

As far as the record is concerned, you can only play the teams on your schedule.

kujo31

Aug 18, 2007
If leaf fans overate their team, which they do as do all others fans (believe me your all just as guilty, don’t kid yourselves)

And non leaf fans for the most part under rate them, at least the vast majority are haters for the most part, and that’s understandable

Then one comes to the conclusion that probably its all even in the end. No teams gets as much love and also as much hate, and anyone sensible can come to this conclusion

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
The only reason the leafs get picked on is because their fanbase is absolute denial about how horrible their defense is. Constantly cherry picking stats to prove their narrative.

Everyone knows the offense is Top 5
So stop pretending like that D isnt a problem. Its becoming insanely annoying.

Also the fact that 20-40% threads are leaf threads (and the majority being pump me up threads)

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Great point, the Leafs won't do anything because past teams have been bad.

You guys didn't make the playoffs last year, so you won't ever make it again.

Are you a champion logician btw?
Did i ever call my team a cup contender? And its been 2 straight years ur team with the same core flopped in the playoffs. There is literally nothing to support that you are a cup contender other than your echo chamber on the Leafs board

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Did i ever call my team a cup contender? And its been 2 straight years ur team with the same core flopped in the playoffs. There is literally nothing to support that you are a cup contender other than your echo chamber on the Leafs board

And what happened before that? They were dead last in the league.

I guess according to you:
Dead last
Taking next year's Stanley cup champs to 6 with your best 3 players under 20
Then taking Boston to 7

Isn't forward progress.

At least try and trash the Leafs the right way, what you're doing is pure delusions.

And yeah I wouldn't call the Flames contenders either, they have nothing to do with the Leafs, sorry your team sucks, but yeah not the Leafs.

Or maybe you're right, Leafs=overrated because they couldn't go from dead last to Stanley cup champs in two years, you got it man, great points, about as excellent as Calgary's offense.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
And what happened before that? They were dead last in the league.

I guess according to you:
Dead last
Taking next year's Stanley cup champs to 6 with your best 3 players under 20
Then taking Boston to 7

Isn't forward progress.

At least try and trash the Leafs the right way, what you're doing is pure delusions.

And yeah I wouldn't call the Flames contenders either, they have nothing to do with the Leafs, sorry your team sucks, but yeah not the Leafs.

Or maybe you're right, Leafs=overrated because they couldn't go from dead last to Stanley cup champs in two years, you got it man, great points, about as excellent as Calgary's offense.
Lol why are u getting so triggered my friend. And lol at thinking the Leafs are some powerhouse at least the Flames current core has won a playoff series what have the Leafs core accomplished? Enjoy this little 5 game stretch to start the season you guys have had but as usual u will all be quiet in April. Leafs fans love to talk during the offseason and early season but disappear just like their team in the playoffs. Dont @ me about the Flames when ur team cant even win a series. Your points are about as good as the Leafs defense

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Lol why are u getting so triggered my friend. And lol at thinking the Leafs are some powerhouse at least the Flames current core has won a playoff series what have the Leafs core accomplished? Enjoy this little 5 game stretch to start the season you guys have had but as usual u will all be quiet in April. Leafs fans love to talk during the offseason and early season but disappear just like their team in the playoffs. Dont @ me about the Flames when ur team cant even win a series. Your points are about as good as the Leafs defense

Literally nobody is triggered, you're just making awful arguments.

According to your own logic (Flames winning a series), they are further ahead than the Leafs, let's do an avi bet, I'll even give you 1.5:1 that the Leafs finish higher than the Flames in the standings, considering using your own logic the Flames actually are already better, you should have no problem taking this, especially with those excellent odds.

If I win I decide your avi for 8 months, if you win you decide mine for a year.

My guess, you'll run away because like many delusional Leaf haters, you don't have the balls to put your money where your mouth is.

Last edited:

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Literally nobody is triggered, you're just making awful arguments.

According to your own logic (Flames winning a series), they are further ahead than the Leafs, let's do an avi bet, I'll even give you 1.5:1 that the Leafs finish higher than the Flames in the standings, considering using your own logic the Flames actually are already better, you should have no problem taking this, especially with those excellent odds.

If I win I decide your avi for 8 months, if you win you decide mine for a year.

My guess, you'll run away because like many delusional Leaf haters, you don't have the balls to put your money where your mouth is.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Funny u chose to do regular season. How about a playoff bet? Or is that too scary for u since u know Flames are better built for the playoffs than the leafs. Bet me if the Leafs win a round or not

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Funny u chose to do regular season. How about a playoff bet? Or is that too scary for u since u know Flames are better built for the playoffs than the leafs. Bet me if the Leafs win a round or not

Np, whichever team makes it further in the playoffs, the other person takes a month for each game played. If a team doesn't make the playoffs, then it's just how far the other team makes it, i,e if one team doesn't make it and the other plays 12 games, it'll be 12 months.

Deal?

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Np, whichever team makes it further in the playoffs, the other person takes a month for each game played. If a team doesn't make the playoffs, then it's just how far the other team makes it, i,e if one team doesn't make it and the other plays 12 games, it'll be 12 months.

Deal?
Ill do the bet for a month depending on who ever goes further. I ain't risking doing 12 months thats way too long :laugh:.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN

You're too much, lmao! Yeah, Flames sure are better built for playoffs when they likely won't even make them to begin with.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Ill do the bet for a month depending on who ever goes further. I ain't risking doing 12 months thats way too long :laugh:.

Really standing behind those convictions.

"Yeah Leafs totally overrated, Flames are better due to having won a playoff series"

"Woah more than a month man???? CMON DUDE, THAT'S TOO MUCH!!!"

Final chance, we'll cap it at a year depending on which team goes further. Are you gonna chicken out or go out like a Calgarian warrior?

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Really standing behind those convictions.

"Yeah Leafs totally overrated, Flames are better due to having won a playoff series"

"Woah more than a month man???? CMON DUDE, THAT'S TOO MUCH!!!"

Final chance, we'll cap it at a year depending on which team goes further. Are you gonna chicken out or go out like a Calgarian warrior?
Ill do it for 4 months. U wouldnt want to have a Flames logo for a whole year now would u?

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
To all the Leafs fans who don't understand why they are winning the poll its because ur team has never won a playoff series in the modern era yet u guys think u are cup contenders. The Leafs are the defenition of overrated. No other team in any sport is as overrated.
Wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad