Most Overrated NHL Team

Most overrated team of 2018/19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Leafs are 6-1-0 with the most goals for of any team by significant margin (33) next closest team has 23, the team also has 3 of the top 5 point leaders.

It seems to be they are living up to the hype. You can only classify a team as overrated if they have nothing to show for it on in the standings or leaderboards.

Reactions: leospaceman3434

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Waiting for the moment everyone claiming the Leafs have no defense or an AHL defense realize the defense is actually pretty good.. Numbers are inflated by a few barn burners to start but they have settled the last few games and are limting a ton of high danger chances against. Gave up a ton of shots tonight but none were really dangerous, and most coming from the outside.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
This poll is going to get more and more hilarious, like Getzlaf doubling up Matthews last year, some MAJOR crow will be eaten on this one.

Reactions: leospaceman3434

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
You can only classify a team as overrated if they have nothing to show for it on in the standings or leaderboards.

Eh, I don't really agree with this. You can call a team like TOR overrated, despite strong current standings <10 games in, if you believe their current trajectory is unlikely to represent their full season results.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Eh, I don't really agree with this. You can call a team like TOR overrated, despite strong current standings <10 games in, if you believe their current trajectory is unlikely to represent their full season results.

How would one even begin to think their current trajectory is unlikely to represent their full season results? Toronto won 49 games last season. The team swapped out Tyler Bozak for John Tavares. They'll be a legitimate threat for the Presidents Trophy.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
How would one even begin to think their current trajectory is unlikely to represent their full season results? Toronto won 49 games last season. The team swapped out Tyler Bozak for John Tavares. They'll be a legitimate threat for the Presidents Trophy.

The season rarely goes exactly as planned on paper. Opposite side of the spectrum, but Preds had the worst record in the playoffs two years ago and went to the SCF. I'm not making the argument against the Leafs, but I'm not sure I'd fault someone for doing so.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
so hfboards said the leafs were by far the most overrated team.

and matthews the most overrated player.

and now they're showing that they're actually the most underrated.

and still, hfboards will scream that there is no anti-leafs bias here.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I personally voted Flames, nothing against them. They are a good team, but overrated.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Panthers for me. On this site they were kind of under the radar but started to gain steam. There was a thread where a significant amount of posters picked them to finish top 3 in the division. I don't think they're a playoff team.

Reactions: Redwingsfan

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
so hfboards said the leafs were by far the most overrated team.

and matthews the most overrated player.

and now they're showing that they're actually the most underrated.

and still, hfboards will scream that there is no anti-leafs bias here.

Scoring at an incredibly unsustainable pace for 7 games doesn't make you the most underrated team in the league

Reactions: Snowman

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Don't look now, but the Leafs are playing far better defensively. Ogy the past 2 games has looked like a great addition. Dermott's TOI is rising and looks like a very good young D.
They've played 2 playoffs teams the past 2 games (All that matters on here, right?) and they've allowed 3 goals total.
And the shots against were low-danger chances. LA did not have a lot of quality shots on net at all last night.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Scoring at an incredibly unsustainable pace for 7 games doesn't make you the most underrated team in the league
But even when the scoring dips the GA has dipped a lot. The wins will still be coming.
And Kadri hasn't even scored yet.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Actually Leafs were the favorite on some betting sites before the season started
Yes we are aware. The reason I posted that because the original question was "Find a Person" who predicted the Leafs to win the cup.
Does anyone take betting odds seriously? I doubt non-Leaf fans would since they picked the Leafs and did so only the second after they signed Tavares.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
can a 6-1 team be overrated?

apparently yes. the "but that defense" crowd is pretty quiet after only allowing 3g total to the caps and kings
they are still scoring 4-5 a game though :)

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
can a 6-1 team be overrated?

apparently yes. the "but that defense" crowd is pretty quiet after only allowing 3g total to the caps and kings
they are still scoring 4-5 a game though :)
It's hilarious that over the summer, no one cared when Leaf fans posted having the 3rd lowest GA in the East over 82 games last season. Suddenly the same people dismissing it were citing GA stats after 5 games this season.
The GA will continue to drop just like last season.
Leafs are a cup contender. That D is looking much, much better.
Dermott and Ogy on the third-pairing is actually very strong for any team.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
This poll is proof hf hates the leafs. If I wasn't a leafs fan I'd prob find the mass amount of leafs fans annoying to be fair. Just saying, the bias is a real thing. Matthews put up 40 goals as a rookie and was losing polls to a ton of lesser talents. If Matthews did that in Nashville or SJ he'd never have.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
If he keeps it up everyone will admit it eventually.

Just give it a bit more time.
He might I'm just pointing out the obvious. I totally understand why Leafs fans annoy people on here, they make up most of the threads after a win. But people really can't be objective. Matthews before the season lost a poll to Barkov. I would bet anything if they were on opposite teams the first post would be Matthews AINEC with 50 likes and 80% of the votes.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Matthews before the season lost a poll to Barkov. I would bet anything if they were on opposite teams the first post would be Matthews AINEC with 50 likes and 80% of the votes.

Before this season Barkov just put up 78 points in 79 games and is widely regarded as perhaps the best centre in all three zones besides maybe Bergeron and Kopitar.

I don't think it's quite as insulting a result as you might think.

And for the record, I voted for Matthews.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Before this season Barkov just put up 78 points in 79 games and is widely regarded as perhaps the best centre in all three zones besides maybe Bergeron and Kopitar.

I don't think it's quite as insulting a result as you might think.

And for the record, I voted for Matthews.
Oh, I realize that but Barkov is 3 years older and that factors into play here. Matthews is on a trajectory pace that matters. Barkov was phenomenal last season but we all know who is better.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
It's hilarious that over the summer, no one cared when Leaf fans posted having the 3rd lowest GA in the East over 82 games last season. Suddenly the same people dismissing it were citing GA stats after 5 games this season.
The GA will continue to drop just like last season.
Leafs are a cup contender. That D is looking much, much better.
Dermott and Ogy on the third-pairing is actually very strong for any team.

Problem with Leafs is they actually have 2 clear top 4 Dman. Reilly and Gardiner.

Hainsey is a borderline NHLer at this point, Zaitsev was not good at all last season, Dermott is very good I think he will be a top 4 easily but he's still learning the NHL game.

Ogy has looked rough whenever he faced anything other than 4rth liners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad