Most overrated duo by their own HF fans?

Most overrated duo by their own HF fans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
McDavid doesn't have 22 pts in real playoff games though, remove his playin series and he has been downright horrible(for being as good as he normally is of course).

Since you like to randomly remove games or declare that seasons don’t count, why don’t you remove all the games where McDavid scores too? Might as well keep at it.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Since you like to randomly remove games or declare that seasons don’t count, why don’t you remove all the games where McDavid scores too? Might as well keep at it.
To be fair, Playins weren't really the playoffs.
Wasn't even a full series
the teams that lost were entered into the draft which won 1st overall
I understand they count. but they really shouldn't
playoffs teams don't get lottery draft picks which all of the 8 teams kind of did.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
To be fair, Playins weren't really the playoffs.
Wasn't even a full series
the teams that lost were entered into the draft which won 1st overall
I understand they count. but they really shouldn't
playoffs teams don't get lottery draft picks which all of the 8 teams kind of did.

Removing play-ins totals actually hurts Matthews as well, since it's the only time he was actually a point per game in the playoffs. Without the play-ins, Matthews is now down to 18 points in 27 games in the playoffs or a 54-55 point "pace".

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
it's sad how predictable you are.

Bash Matthews at every turn regardless of what he has accomplished at such a young age in his career thus.
Wow that’s a witty comeback. Parrot.

I don’t bash Matthews at every turn. I picked Hughes/Hischer for this poll and even commented why I believed it was them. You without fail tried to deflect Matthews shortcomings onto the Oilers players though.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
ok but like I also said he is likely to finish 2nd in both Hart and Lindsey voting this year sooo.... :dunno:...
like trying to talk with a brick wall, some of you on here...

His season is being over rated due to his goal scoring. In reality, several players should be ahead of matthews for hart and lindsay.

Matthews will be on his 3rd contract while mcdavid still has 2 more years on his. If auston wanted 13+ x 8 for a career high of 63 and a calder, what will he demand with a rocket?

He's a great player. But definitely overpaid. Especially when taking PO into account.

Imagine how much better our depth would be if matthews and marner took less. But instead we get with jumbo Joe and simmonds.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Removing play-ins totals actually hurts Matthews as well, since it's the only time he was actually a point per game in the playoffs. Without the play-ins, Matthews is now down to 18 points in 27 games in the playoffs or a 54-55 point "pace".
If those are the numbers those are the numbers. not going to cherry pick.
I'd be lying if I said I was pleased with Matthews playoffs numbers.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Why are we removing the play in series? His team was clearly a playoff team and the NHL officially recorded those games as playoff games.

Seems like you want to arbitrarily take them away for some biased argument. All the play in games count for all players/teams.

Oh I dont want to remove them just for him, I don't think they should be counted towards playoff statistics at all.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Oh I dont want to remove them just for him, I don't think they should be counted towards playoff statistics at all.

A series of games played in which the total number of games that could be played is an odd number, against the same team in which, when one team reaches the number of wins needed to not allow for the other team to surpass their win total, wherein the victorious team then moves on to face another team in a series of games with the same criteria, and the losing team is eliminated and their season is now concluded....sounds like playoffs to me.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Why are we removing the play in series? His team was clearly a playoff team and the NHL officially recorded those games as playoff games.

Seems like you want to arbitrarily take them away for some biased argument. All the play in games count for all players/teams.
If they do include the play-in series, then all scoring records should come with a literal asterisk. If they remove it, then no asterisk needed.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
A series of games played in which the total number of games that could be played is an odd number, against the same team in which, when one team reaches the number of wins needed to not allow for the other team to surpass their win total, wherein the victorious team then moves on to face another team in a series of games with the same criteria, and the losing team is eliminated and their season is now concluded....sounds like playoffs to me.

Sure but they dont mix Champions League statistics with that of the UEFA Cup. Close but not the same thing.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
So far he has shown he can play at 20 y/o with 3 AHL games under his belt and relatively less playing time than most CHLers
I get that. He's a promising prospect. But if he was a promising prospect on any but a handful of teams, he wouldn't be getting nearly the recognition that he is. That isn't a critique on the player, it's a comment on how certain players on certain teams get overhyped easily by the media.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Sure but they dont mix Champions League statistics with that of the UEFA Cup. Close but not the same thing.

i didn't realize the NHL was in charge of UEFA. :sarcasm:

seriously though, they're 2 seperate governing bodies of their respective sports. They can't be compared to each other in how they decied to govern those sports.

The NHL decieded to have a one time "play-in" series to maximize profits by allowing some of the stronger TV markets admission in the playoffs, that otherwise would not have made the playoffs in a regular NHL season (Chicago, and Montreal being the examples). The NHL is a heavily gate driven league and by not having fans in the stands, this was their stratagy to to minimize some of the finacial cost of the Pandemic. That all being said, those play-in rounds, were, for all intents and purposes, playoff series, and the stats obtained in them should be counted toward career playoff stats.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Hughes+Hischier

tbf it’s only Hughes, but you could put his picture in the dictionary next to word ”overrated”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad