Most overrated duo by their own HF fans?

Most overrated duo by their own HF fans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Why is that surprising? Montreal probably has more fans than the Devils and Senators combined, so by sheer numbers alone you're more likely to run into one or more loud homer voices coming from Montreal. That doesn't make Montreal fans any better or worse than other fanbases, but it is a reality.

I thought that because they have the most fans, they'd vote everyone else namely the Devils and Senators

TheGreenTBer

If Elvis calls tell him to f*ck off
Apr 30, 2021
I thought that because they have the most fans, they'd vote everyone else namely the Devils and Senators

When one or two homer fans from any one fanbase annoy people on the main boards for example, they aren't just annoying their rivals, they are potentially annoying every single other fanbase in the league, and no one fanbase outnumbers the rest of the league combined.

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
BUT BENNING RAN OUT OF TIME!

He was sure to make time to extend Tanner Pearson for some reason though. That completely makes up for it.

Tanner could of sat on hold for the first 4 hours of free agency and not missed a call to be fair.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
What?

Zibanejad is heralded by Rangers fans as a top 10 center, which can be classified as overrated if you argue it properly

Who the hell has said Jack Hughes or Nico Hischier are top anything? Besides top-6 centers, which they are

I think your understanding of the word overrated is off. Also voting out of spite is pretty weird too, like as if its an NJ vs NY poll

That's one player. Zibby might be overrated but Buch is underrated by Rangers fans.

TheGreenTBer

If Elvis calls tell him to f*ck off
Apr 30, 2021
Tanner could of sat on hold for the first 4 hours of free agency and not missed a call to be fair.

I guess his thought process was "I don't need money for either the perfect guy to play with/help develop Quinn Hughes, or for a goal-scoring Top 6 winger...but I definitely DO need money for a completely replaceable bottom 6 guy that should be expansion draft fodder at best and a veteran goalie on the downturn."

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Matthews and Marner pre-playoffs. Well tbh even post playoffs but its close. Some fans think the greedy millionaires can leap mountains. But pre-playoffs it s them without a doubt.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Well, Devils are a firm 2nd. Sens duo have 2nd last votes and most of the votes Devil fans(probably from the other thread of Sens vs Devils' future) and habs fans.

Surprised it's headed this way, only wish I'd seen the way Shark fans overvalue Meier.. I'd have thrown him on here too

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Surprised it's headed this way, only wish I'd seen the way Shark fans overvalue Meier.. I'd have thrown him on here too
Disagree on that. We're pretty low on Meier as a group. If you're referring to how we thought of him when he put up 30 goals, 66 points in his second full season while being a dominant force, sure. No one really values him as that player now though.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Matthews Marner by a far margin. Not sure why Quinn and Brock is even in here, its criminal actually, and the most praised Canuck player on this forum is actually Thather Demko and Hoglander.

Umm where’s the Leafs duo?

it's about shitting on habs, sens and Canuck players today :) not sure why Brock is even mentioned.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Boeser and Hughes are a duo? I would have thought it should be EP and Hughes. I think most Canuck fans were not that high on Boeser before this past year when he finally was healthy.

I’d say Matthews and Marner by a large amount especially given all of the generational talk about Matthews, but since they’re not an option, the Montreal pair.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Koko and Caufield, but that's only because Caufield is the new flavour of the month. It will die down some as he plays more.
I went with this combo although the Ottawa duo might be in the race but I think they will have the best player between those 2 teams in this poll.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Boeser and Hughes are a duo? I would have thought it should be EP and Hughes. I think most Canuck fans were not that high on Boeser before this past year when he finally was healthy.

I’d say Matthews and Marner by a large amount especially given all of the generational talk about Matthews, but since they’re not an option, the Montreal pair.

Yea, Boeser's a weird choice. If anything I'd say in general Canucks fans were power on him coming into the year than neutral fans. Pettersson makes more sense for sure.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Give me the Devils 1st overall sisters.

Devils fans talk about them as if they’re Toews and Kane in their peaks.

But they haven’t amounted to anything, not even PPG seasons.

Maybe I don't go to the main board enough, but I rarely see this kind of talk on the Devils board. I mean sure, the hope is that they can become those key players in the future (and Hughes took some nice strides this season), but most Devils fans I see don't think of Hughes or Hischier like that at this moment.

Reactions: MartysBetter1996

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Give me the Devils 1st overall sisters.

Devils fans talk about them as if they’re Toews and Kane in their peaks.

But they haven’t amounted to anything, not even PPG seasons.

I too like my misogyny in insulting players.

Anyway, I don’t get how Nico Hischier is overrated when the guy was the 1C on a bubble team at 18 years old and every linemate he’s had in the league has had a positive xGF impact with Hischier as their center. Oh and that includes Taylor Hall’s MVP year/form which he hasn’t been able to replicate anywhere else since. Hughes was always going to be a work in progress with how his frame is but the strides he took this year without the aforementioned Hischier being out of the lineup for most of the year are encouraging for any Devils fan. If anything, next year I would allow Hischier to play 1C and allow Hughes to cherry-pick matchups against weaker defensive pairings and the points will come in bunches imo with another full offseason under his belt and the way he’s progressing.

Last edited:

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Results of this poll are pretty strange to me because the Habs fanbase is very low on Kotkaniemi these days. After almost every game all season there's a bunch of posts in the Kotkaniemi thread whining about Tkachuk or Hughes. He scored the OT winner in game 6 vs. Toronto and the thread was still full of whining about his game. He's talked about as another Timmins draft bust all the time and called a future 3C with Lars Eller as an optimistic projection, some people still think he could be a 2C but the general fanbase is pretty cold on him now.

If it was Suzuki + Caufield I would absolutely understand as there's a lot of Habs fans that effectively pencil them in as Bergeron-Pastrnak level players in the future. But with Kotkaniemi I just don't really get how he'd be overrated given how much Habs fans have soured on him this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad