Most overrated duo by their own HF fans?

Most overrated duo by their own HF fans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Looking to see which duo people think are overrated by their own fans on these boards.

I completely understand these are very good players, just maybe not quite as good as the posters on here make them out to be.

These are the players I continually see their fans saying "you obviously don't watch them play" about

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Zibanejad/Buchnevich is underrated if anything. Everyone was writing Zibanejad off after he struggled having Covid and then he goes and finishes the year with the same pace he put up the season prior with 34 points in 22 games. Instead of people being happy he’s back and producing they comment on how he struggled against top teams this season as if he can control who we played in the last 22 games of the season and that none of the other top stars in the East division produced as well as he did after getting out of his Covid slump despite playing the same teams

Buchnevich was one of the best PKers in the league and had 48 points in 54 games. I bet not many people knew the year he just had after being titled a product of Zibanejad—Buchnevich was PPG through the first 25 games while Zibanejad wasn’t even at .5 PPG through 25 games. And the fact that Zibanejad has been producing at an elite rate over the past 3 seasons while playing near elite defensively and still gets called a product of Panarin somehow while he has played less than 5 games at even strength with Panarin on his line, and the fact that he put up 74 points with no talent around him in 2018/2019 and the next closest player on his team had 20 less points than him. Then puts up a 5 goal game and a 6 point period, which none of McDavid/Crosby/Ovi/Malkin etc. have ever done and the latter stat being something no one, not even Gretzky has done yet still Zibanejad gets no respect around here.

DowJones

Aug 30, 2008
Auston and Mitch

They are both great players, but if anyone that know nothing about hockey would read Hfboards for some reason they would think those two are the 1a/1b GOAT.

Last edited:

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
This poll is hard to answer because all the players are at different stages of their careers

Reactions: Oneiro

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Kotkaniemi is over-rated? :huh:

Read the original post, it's not a most overrated poll... It's a most overrated by their own fans poll

Kotkaniemi is a good young hockey player, but you'll find many Canadien fans on here saying they wouldn't trade him for Eichel.... that is overrating your own players

Reactions: voxel

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Quinn Hughes. The kid can't play defence if his life depended on it. Terrible in his own zone, terrible at winning puck battles and always loses his coverage.

Reactions: Petey O

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Zibanejad/Buchnevich is underrated if anything. Everyone was writing Zibanejad off after he struggled having Covid and then he goes and finishes the year with the same pace he put up the season prior with 34 points in 22 games. Instead of people being happy he’s back and producing they comment on how he struggled against top teams this season as if he can control who we played in the last 22 games of the season and that none of the other top stars in the East division produced as well as he did after getting out of his Covid slump despite playing the same teams

Buchnevich was one of the best PKers in the league and had 48 points in 54 games. I bet not many people knew the year he just had after being titled a product of Zibanejad—Buchnevich was PPG through the first 25 games while Zibanejad wasn’t even at .5 PPG through 25 games. And the fact that Zibanejad has been producing at an elite rate over the past 3 seasons while playing near elite defensively and still gets called a product of Panarin somehow while he has played less than 5 games at even strength with Panarin on his line, and the fact that he put up 74 points with no talent around him in 2018/2019 and the next closest player on his team had 20 less points than him. Then puts up a 5 goal game and a 6 point period, which none of McDavid/Crosby/Ovi/Malkin etc. have ever done and the latter stat being something no one, not even Gretzky has done yet still Zibanejad gets no respect around here.

This thread is not if you think they are overrated. It’s which duo is most overrated by their own fans on here. Look through past threads rangers fans have Zib top 10 centers in the league which he is not.

Reactions: karlstegger

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
This thread is not if you think they are overrated. It’s which duo is most overrated by their own fans on here. Look through past threads rangers fans have Zib top 10 centers in the league which he is not.
Zibanejad’s play the last 3 years is absolutely a valid argument for him being a top 10 center right now. Dude is PPG over his last 200 or so games yet fans around the league say he still needs to prove he’s even elite

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Voted for the Devils duo due to the shocking choice to claim Zibanejad-Buchnevich is overrated. The Rangers have some overrated players (Trouba, Kreider, Miller). Those two are not overrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad