Most Overrated and Underrated Players in the NHL?

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
With the plethora of rookies making statements in their rookie years Nikolaj Ehler's has really flown under the radar.

The kid is a magician.

Buchnevich will be a well known name at least on HFboards come this time next year...

I guess I'll throw in a homer vote as well for Bo Horvat. He's the type of player that just gets better and better every season. With the right compliment of wingers he could very well develop in to a strong 1B centerman.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Overrated:
Erik Karlsson: (yea he is a great offensive D-man; but as a defenseman and a captain the guy cannot play D)

Stamkos: The guy doesn't show up to play when chips are down

Underrated:

John Carlson: I think the guy is pretty good and hardly ever gets talked about

Jeff Skinner

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Overrated:
Erik Karlsson: (yea he is a great offensive D-man; but as a defenseman and a captain the guy cannot play D)

Underrated:

Jeff Skinner

lol He's been great defensively this year

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
lol He's been great defensively this year

Karlsson could be a +1,000,000 and have a 90% corsi and people would say he's bad defensively. Stereotypes are had to beat.

Also, from my own team, Mika Zibanejad is incredibly underrated. I don't care how broke your team is, you don't trade a player of his caliber to save money.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Stamkos was back to Stamkos this year before his injury

Agreed. Stamkos was incredible. Calling him overrated would essentially imply that people are rating him as a top 2 player in the world or something, which they don't.

Hopefully he'll pick up from where he left off and he won't have another injury-related slump. I really wish for some success for him.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Overrated:

Underrated:

Jeff Skinner

I've posted this exact thing before. Totally agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad