Most Overrated and Underrated Players in the NHL?

pecethan

Oct 28, 2014
Canadia
Personally I think Corey Perry is overrated and Mike Cammalieri is underrated, who else is overrated/underrated?
Corey Perry overrated? I don't think so. Corey Perry is the most underrated player in the NHL. Can you name the winningest players in NHL history? There's a big name there. It's Scott Niedermayer. Just kidding, its also Corey Perry. Now you may say, well he played for Canada, and a stacked Ducks team, and this is true, but those teams were made better by the sheer presence of Corey Perry. Hear me out. Corey Perry has an OHL Championship, Memorial Cup, WJC Gold, Stanley Cup, Olympic Gold Medal x2, World Championship Gold as Captain. World Cup (which he was left off the team from, because he is underrated by management, he proved himself to be a staple of that team), a Hart Trophy, a Maurice Richard, and has scored 30 goals every year for like a gajillion years. Now why, you may ask, is Corey Perry so good at winning? Well lets take a look. No one in league history is greater at scoring garbage goals than Corey Perry. He does not make them fancy, he plays hard and deep, and works for his points. He gives the team energy. His greatest asset, is his uncanny ability to be a complete *****. I'm sure you've all noticed. Corey Perry gets in peoples heads. Whether it be through the famous clips we've all seen on Youtube, or the things we don't see. In warmups, Corey Perry will shoot the puck into the other teams net while the goalie is stretching. In TV timeouts, he will go stand in there crease, stay still, and stare down the opposing goalie as he skates around. He will even take a swig of the water bottle. He gets in people's heads better than anybody I can think of. When Corey Perry is on, Anaheim is on, and when Perry wants to, he can completely mess with the other teams head and get the win. No other player has that ability to throw other teams off their game and start a line brawl. He has been sucker punched by Byfuglien, yelled at by Patrick Roy, and yet he just keeps on leading his charmed existence. Corey Perry is underrated. Corey Perry, is a Saint. Corey Perry, is the new Great One, with a hint of McSorley. Corey Perry is the best player in the league.

Last edited:

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Corey Perry overrated? I don't think so. Corey Perry is the most underrated player in the NHL. Can you name the winningest players in NHL history? There's a big name there. It's Scott Niedermayer. Just kidding, its also Corey Perry. Now you may say, well he played for Canada, and a stacked Ducks team, and this is true, but those teams were made better by the sheer presence of Corey Perry. Hear me out. Corey Perry has an OHL Championship, Memorial Cup, WJC Gold, Stanley Cup, Olympic Gold Medal x2, World Championship Gold as Captain. World Cup (which he was left off the team from, because he is underrated by management, he proved himself to be a staple of that team), a Hart Trophy, a Maurice Richard, and has scored 30 goals every year for like a gajillion years. Now why, you may ask, is Corey Perry so good at winning? Well lets take a look. No one in league history is greater at scoring garbage goals than Corey Perry. He does not make them fancy, he plays hard and deep, and works for his points. He gives the team energy. His greatest asset, is his uncanny ability to be a complete *****. I'm sure you've all noticed. Corey Perry gets in peoples heads. Whether it be through the famous clips we've all seen on Youtube, or the things we don't see. In warmups, Corey Perry will shoot the puck into the other teams net while the goalie is stretching. In TV timeouts, he will go stand in there crease, stay still, and stare down the opposing goalie as he skates around. He will even take a swig of the water bottle. He gets in people's heads better than anybody I can think of. When Corey Perry is on, Anaheim is on, and when Perry wants to, he can completely mess with the other teams head and get the win. No other player has that ability to throw other teams off their game and start a line brawl. He has been sucker punched by Byfuglien, yelled at by Patrick Roy, and yet he just keeps on leading his charmed existence. Corey Perry is underrated. Corey Perry, is a Saint. Corey Perry, is the new Great One, with a hint of McSorley. Corey Perry is the best player in the league.

Lets make a list of all time greats:
1. Wayne Gretzky
2. Mario Lemieux
3. Bobby Orr
These 3 players are obviously a level above everyone else in history. I will say however, that Corey Perry rivals even these people for contention for the Greatest of all Time. Gretzky was great an all, but was a product of a time where points came easy and McSorley could kill people and get away with it. Today, you cannot touch people or you will get a hook (Unless you're Corey Perry, in which case Doughty could step on his puppy at the center ice dot and the ref would just step over it and mutter something about keeping the play clean). Lemieux had skill, and the presence on the ice to dominate, but did not execute on his opportunities to truly take over the game with a mixture of skill and trash talk. I ask you, did Mario Lemieux ever spray a coach with a water bottle? Did Mario ever shoot pucks at the net after the whistle? The answer is no, because does not have the pure **** disturing abilities that Corey Perry was born with. Bobby was a defenseman, so it is hard to compare, but we know that Corey Perry is great defensively and we never hear anything about Orr's defensive abilities. Therefore, we can reasonably assume that Perry is far superior in skill to Orr.

By some force of nature I read this sentence first... thankfully... so needless to say I didn't read the rest of this garbage.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa

1. Wayne Gretzky
2. Mario Lemieux
3. Bobby Orr
These 3 players are obviously a level above everyone else in history. I will say however, that Corey Perry rivals even these people for contention for the Greatest of all Time. Gretzky was great an all, but was a product of a time where points came easy and McSorley could kill people and get away with it. Today, you cannot touch people or you will get a hook (Unless you're Corey Perry, in which case Doughty could step on his puppy at the center ice dot and the ref would just step over it and mutter something about keeping the play clean). Lemieux had skill, and the presence on the ice to dominate, but did not execute on his opportunities to truly take over the game with a mixture of skill and trash talk. I ask you, did Mario Lemieux ever spray a coach with a water bottle? Did Mario ever shoot pucks at the net after the whistle? The answer is no, because does not have the pure **** disturing abilities that Corey Perry was born with. Bobby was a defenseman, so it is hard to compare, but we know that Corey Perry is great defensively and we never hear anything about Orr's defensive abilities. Therefore, we can reasonably assume that Perry is far superior in skill to Orr.

Well I'm on board. Lol. Nicely done

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region

1. Wayne Gretzky
2. Mario Lemieux
3. Bobby Orr

Your post was amazing untill you mentioned Gretzky, Mario and Bobby. 100% agree on the first part, but Perry isn't even the best player of his generation

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Earlier you posted that Laine will score 35-40 goals in his prime. So, I'll take you up on that. I say he scores 35 this year. Avatar bet? Loser has to wear an avatar chosen by the winner from the end of this regular season to the start of the regular season in 2017-18. The only condition is that Laine plays at least 80 games.

So, want to stand behind your words?

Haha, making bets when the season is a 1/3 way done. Like trying to put a bet in at a horse race when it's halfway over.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Most underrated , It's gotta be scheifle, zucarello , Bryan little

Plekanec was for a long time

Most overrated is gotta be Jeff petry , Kunitz or Alex emelin or sekera

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Most underrated , It's gotta be scheifle, zucarello , Bryan little

Plekanec was for a long time

Most overrated is gotta be Jeff petry , Kunitz or Alex emelin or sekera

Those are some odd choices for overrated honestly. Kunitz especially. He gets **** on pretty regularly.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Haha, making bets when the season is a 1/3 way done. Like trying to put a bet in at a horse race when it's halfway over.

When people still say stupid things at 1/3 mark, it's good to challenge them. No one has dared to do it yet, though.

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015

Who is better? Rickard Rakell or Corey Perry?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad