Most Mediocre Player In The League

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Zack Smith is GOAT, you don't watch Sens games.

lol. yes I do watch sens games when they are on and still follow them pretty loyally after the Jets came back. I threw smith's name out there as he fits the OP's criteria of being good in a majority of areas and not bad in many. He puts up a moderate amount of points, can play the PK/PP, can fight, provides hits and wins faceoffs.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Not for Detroit he's not. He can play in any situation, but he doesn't necessarily excel at them. He's not great offensively, defensively, or in any other aspect. And at the same time he's not awful at any of those areas. I'd call that all around, mediocre.

Disappointing too because he used to be an elite defensive center who could chip in 40-50 points. His last year with the Isles he was still a good 2 way guy and PKer but it was clear he lost a bit in those areas and had started to decline. Part of the reason I was alright with the Isles losing out on him in free agnecy, but still disappointing to hear that he has fallen even further.

Freedom

Jan 23, 2017
Czech republic
Nick Bonino. Except last postseason performance but in my opinion that was real because Kessel and Hagelin factor and his suprb form. When he was out like this season offence is almost not existance but some part of a plays are still good like faceoffs, defence etc. but nothing special. Bozak had the same but Tyler is overall better player. Bozak is 2C and Bonino is 3C in my opinion.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
he's not mediocre, he's above average. 58pt and 21g pace players are not mediocre.

My pick would be Frolik

How did you just call Bozak an above average player and then call Frolik a mediocre one?

I think Stajan is a perfect example for this thread. He doesn't do anything that stands out but he does his job decent enough.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Who's attacking who? You're the self admitted "fan of losing teams." If you're going to get sensitive for posters pointing out what YOU put on your avatar, TAKE IT OFF. It's not that hard. I'm not attacking anyone by simply agreeing with what you believe about yourself.

And I disagreed ... plain and simple. And I gave you reasons why I disagreed in no way that was offensive.

If you want to act like a joker on these boards, you better be willing to take it too. You can't have it both ways.

I find it rather odd that you'd point that out in a thread that has nothing to do with the subject. You can play all the games you want, you know what you were doing.

A joker? I'm not sure what you mean. I'm here stating my opinions like everyone else. "both ways" -- again not sure what you mean. Is this how you treat every poster you disagree with? :laugh:

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Bozak

Ryan Johansen for a star player, he looks like an average player a lot. Doesn't make too many mistakes but doesn't do anything amazing either

Loui Eriksson, he's not super soft, or super slow just meh. His shot and dangling is good but doesn't wow anyone.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Matt Hendricks has kind of fallen into this category. Used to be the ideal bottom six checker, but he's kind of losing it. Still not a liability, but on most nights isn't helping either.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Everyone who has said a name other than Chris Higgins is 100% wrong.

Is Higgins still in the league? Last I heard he had a PTO in Calgary but wasn't picked up for the season.

He's playing towards the not even mediocre spectrum this season, but, for the Cats, I'll nominate Jussi Jokinen with the hope that he turns things around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad