PERFECT EXAMPLE: Brandon Sutter

Offense: Not good, but not a block hole
Defense: It's ok, But he isn't a shut down guy

Last edited:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
When you factor in contract, Toews.

Says a self admittedd fan of losing teams. Toews is overpaid. Mediocre is not what I consider Toews to be.

Mediocre does not equal overrated / overpaid. Mediocre equals below average hockey player. Toews is not a below average hockey player.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Frans Nielsen on Detroit.

Even the one thing he was previously superb at, shootouts, he's like average.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Says a self admittedd fan of losing teams. Toews is overpaid. Mediocre is not what I consider Toews to be.

Mediocre does not equal overrated / overpaid. Mediocre equals below average hockey player. Toews is not a below average hockey player.

What does the fact that I'm a fan of losing teams have to do with anything at all? You don't like my opinion so you start attacking me? :laugh:

He's mediocre to me when you factor in the contract. Plain and simple. If you don't like my opinion, then just say you disagree.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Bozak is probably the best example on the Leafs, but he's still a very good player, so it doesn't quite work. Also he's definitely worse than mediocre defensively.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Nielsen is definitely an above average player

Not for Detroit he's not. He can play in any situation, but he doesn't necessarily excel at them. He's not great offensively, defensively, or in any other aspect. And at the same time he's not awful at any of those areas. I'd call that all around, mediocre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad