Most Mediocre Player In The League

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'd classify Sutter as a black hole.

My brother would expose you right now. He is a Bolts and Pens fan, and he is a huge Brandon Sutter fan. IMO, he is kind of a perfect 3C, but he definitely fits the OP's definition of "mediocre."

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Bailey Bozak Parenteau
Jokinen Nielsen Brouwer
Stafford Sutter Read
Kalinin Josefson Lazar

MDZ Russell
Oduya Daley
Chorney Sustr

Lehtonen
Niemi

The mediocre lineup

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Says a self admittedd fan of losing teams. Toews is overpaid. Mediocre is not what I consider Toews to be.

Mediocre does not equal overrated / overpaid. Mediocre equals below average hockey player. Toews is not a below average hockey player.

So Craig Adams is a winner? Which makes him much better than Sundin????

Really confused here.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
My brother would expose you right now. He is a Bolts and Pens fan, and he is a huge Brandon Sutter fan. IMO, he is kind of a perfect 3C, but he definitely fits the OP's definition of "mediocre."

I won't say black hole but I agree he fits this well as well as that trading him was the best thing to happen in a trade to the Pens over the kessel trade.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Grigorenko fits this well.

We had so much hope...

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
What does the fact that I'm a fan of losing teams have to do with anything at all? You don't like my opinion so you start attacking me? :laugh:

He's mediocre to me when you factor in the contract. Plain and simple. If you don't like my opinion, then just say you disagree.

Who's attacking who? You're the self admitted "fan of losing teams." If you're going to get sensitive for posters pointing out what YOU put on your avatar, TAKE IT OFF. It's not that hard. I'm not attacking anyone by simply agreeing with what you believe about yourself.

And I disagreed ... plain and simple. And I gave you reasons why I disagreed in no way that was offensive.

If you want to act like a joker on these boards, you better be willing to take it too. You can't have it both ways.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Jacob Josefson possibly. Good in shootouts and mediocre in nearly everything else lately in his last few games
Might be above average defensively, but Steve Santini is so far not great at anything but not bad either. But he will get so much better as he is only 20

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
gI_123869_Hainsey_Sub_250x250.png

Even the man's sandwich is mediocrity. Grilled chicken and bacon with lettuce on wheat bread. Wow, that's really some culinary wizardry.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
If a player is the absolute best player who is not good but instead mediocre I think you should be allowed to be called good.

PumpkinBombX

Jan 29, 2009
What's the criteria?
Less than 25 points a year but more than 10?
+/- between -10 and plus 10.
Less than 20 min/year pp time
Less than 20 min/year pk time
Somehow greater than 10 min ave toi per game.

Edit: after searching: it's official. Oscar Lindberg is the most average player in the NHL.

Last edited:

jmor

Sens and Jets
Aug 20, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This screams Andrew Ladd to me. When Ladd was with the Jets he was your stereotypical Canadian hockey player. Not a whole lot of skill, but hard working, physical and a nose for the net.

(might not apply this season)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad