Most likely to be bounced in the first round?

First round upset

• Bruins

Votes: 49 15.3%
  • Rangers

Votes: 38 11.8%
  • Winnipeg

Votes: 85 26.5%
  • Canucks

Votes: 149 46.4%

• Total voters

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't think the Bruins are as good as their record indicates. 15 OTL this season, next closest playoff team has 11 (LA). I'm not sure they have the killer instinct to finish off a playoff series, and we saw that last year against Florida.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I picked Nucks. I could also see them winning the cup though. Really well built team. The west will be brutal in the playoffs and Nucks might end up with a brutal first round draw after a tremendous regular season

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I picked Nucks. I could also see them winning the cup though. Really well built team. The west will be brutal in the playoffs and Nucks might end up with a brutal first round draw after a tremendous regular season
They could very well get Boston’d

Reactions: Czechboy

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I have a solid feeling the Canucks are going to be eliminated in the first round.

But I don't see them making it past the second round.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Vancouver Canucks. Can't trust Dan Cloutier at all and Bertuzzi is a hot head.

Seriously, drawing Vegas who could be healthy by next month is a bit unfortunate.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Vancouver Canucks. Can't trust Dan Cloutier at all and Bertuzzi is a hot head.

Seriously, drawing Vegas who could be healthy by next month is a bit unfortunate.

Didn't Lidstrom score from center ice on him? I mean how can the canucks get through the Oilers with that kind of goaltending it's over for them.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
But doesn't this work both ways? Canucks fans were saying it was all about results now it's about analytics?

Depends on who you’re talking to. Most of the fans who weren’t dismissing PDO were suggesting that it was clear based on watching the team that the PDO was affecting their underlying numbers due to score effects, particularly with some of the early season blowouts, and that as the PDO normalized, those underlying numbers would also normalize, because while things like expected goals tend to be better indicators of sustainable performance than goals alone, they’re also subjected to variance over small sample. And that’s exactly what has happened. The team has been top 10 in a lot of statistics related to possession and chance generation since the start of November and have been slowly improving on those numbers. But as soon as the team slumped after the All Star break the same people who hadn’t checked an expected goal for stat since October came out of the woodwork to pat themselves on the back despite being wrong

Now, they’re not some powerhouse and have their share of flaws (they can go in scoring slumps, can struggle against particularly fast or big teams, have periods where they break down defensively and I worry about their experience and mental toughness if they face adversity). They could very well find themselves eliminated the first round with league parity as it is. But they’re a good team, and it shouldn’t shock anyone paying attention if they have a strong playoffs

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Divisional races 3/24
Atlantic
Boston 97 points 10 games remaining
Florida 95 points 12 games remaining
Metropolitan
NY Rangers 98 points 11 games remaining
Carolina 95 points 11 games remaining
Central
Colorado 95 points 12 games remaining
Dallas 95 points 11 games remaining
Winnipeg 93 points 11 games remaining
Nashville 88 points 11 games remaining (could catch Winnipeg the way those two teams are playing)
Pacific
Vancouver 98 points 11 games remaining (safest lead but Edmonton can close the gap with games in hand)
Edmonton 88 points 14 games remaining
Los Angeles 85 points 12 games remaining
Las Vegas 83 points 12 games remaining

So now the Division leaders are
Boston (by points) or Florida (by win%)
Rangers
Colorado (win%)
Vancouver

So of the 4 teams from the OP premise Winnipeg is out , and Boston is only in because they've played more games , expect more changes as the games are played.

Last edited:

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I choose the Canucks. Playoff hockey is much different than regular season hockey. They could run into a first-round matchup and get stonewalled.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Honestly this is a who’s who of mediocrity. Every time I check a Jets score, they’re getting blown out so probably them

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Preds have cooled off so I'm not sure they are the Boogie man anymore
Nashville was looking like they could do some damage in the playoffs a few weeks ago. Now they just look damaged, winning 2 of their last 7. No good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad