Most likely to be bounced in the first round?

First round upset

• Bruins

Votes: 49 15.3%
  • Rangers

Votes: 38 11.8%
  • Winnipeg

Votes: 85 26.5%
  • Canucks

Votes: 149 46.4%

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Winnipeg by far. Don't have faith in this team for playoffs whatsoever.

But yeah it depends greatly on matchups. Right now, both Tampa and Vegas are wildcards, and they're 2 teams I think can go all the way. Depends on who lands them in round 1, it'll be a tough matchup.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Vancouver literally just because they're drawing Vegas if the season ended today.

That's a very unfortunate matchup for a 1 seed.

Yeah but the season isn't ending today...

Vancouver might draw Vegas it's true, but there's also a really good chance they draw LA, Nashville, or one of Wild/STL if you think one of those makes it.

Winnipeg could draw...Vegas (just as likely as Canucks drawing them), or possibly COL/Dallas (much more likely Winnipeg loses division than Canucks)....or also possible a different wildcard.

Based on matchup possibilities - I think Vancouver is a lot more likely to have an easier matchup than Winnipeg in round 1.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Really depends on who their partners are. Whoever plays WC#2 in the east is probably least likely to be upset because the chase for that spot is a real dog show. My inclination is that if there is an upset it'll probably be out west. Nashville has the best chance of upsetting either VAN or WPG

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Canucks, due to several factors.

Potential matchups, as covered above.

Puck luck regression - the PDO talk about them was done to death in the first half of the season, I don’t think any of us need that rehash.

Playoff n00b factor. In the NHL more than most sports, getting over the mountain takes a period of years building up your squad, and that includes years of losing in the playoffs because you literally just haven’t been there done that yet.

Standard NHL playoffs disclaimer: any team can beat any team, one hot goaltender, etc.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
I actually expect all 4 to not keep their 1st seeds
Regardless Winnipeg is most likely to face strongest opponent so them.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pacific winner gets a pretty shit draw almost no matter what

so no slight towards Vancouver but yeah, that's no fun (unless it's the Kings, they're an easy out)

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I always vote for the 2nd most obvious, or the 2nd least obvious. It’s never who you expect or who you want lol

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I think in the event the Canucks get eliminated at any point, even the WCF's, people will flock to the boards to go "See, PDO I toedaso" irregardless of its impact or any other context we might have.

If the Canucks don't win the cup this year, it's going to be because of all the geniuses who told us their PDO was unsustainable, case closed, black and white.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I picked the Bruins just based on their starting goalie feeling like the weakest but honestly, its a difficult poll.

And if you took all the starting goalies out somehow the Bruins would be my favourite of this group :laugh:

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
If they play Vegas, Canucks are probably \the best bet here, though if Vegas continues listless play, it probably wont matter.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
between Vegas and Tampa(and potentially Nashville too if they can stay hot a while longer) it could be a pretty bad year to be a division winner in general

voted Vancouver for their inexperience

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4