Most likely to be bounced in the first round?

First round upset

• Bruins

Votes: 49 15.3%
  • Rangers

Votes: 38 11.8%
  • Winnipeg

Votes: 85 26.5%
  • Canucks

Votes: 149 46.4%

• Total voters

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Jets record against top teams since Christmas is abysmal, I think they might be a mirage
if you don't look at context this could be a concerning trend but if you actually look at why we have an "abysmal" record of 5-7-1 against playoff teams since jan 1st it doesn't seem that bad

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
either NYR or Boston imo but it's really dependent on the matchup.
I want to say there’s absolutely no way the Bruins would lose to this sad Detroit team if they made it in, but they’ve also played the Wings terribly this season as well.

I do think there’s very little chance the Bruins allow what happened last season to happen agai n

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The Canucks have the 9th best Points % in the west since the Lindholm trade(February 1st)
Add the lack of playoff experience and I think they are a favourite to be upset but anything can happen

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Central Division Winner is a total unknown right now
Winnipeg 93 points 14 games left, one against Colorado and Dallas
Colorado 93 points 13 games left, one against Winnipeg and Dallas
Dallas 93 points 12 games left, one against Colorado and Winnipeg

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Winnipeg or Vancouver. Jets have been getting insane goaltending and have a blueline that has been overachieving all year.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Can't really say much as a Detroit fan given the way we've played the last 10 games...

... But if we make it, I'd much rather draw Boston or even New York than Florida.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Went with Rangers because their ES stats are a bit underwhelming

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think in the event the Canucks get eliminated at any point, even the WCF's, people will flock to the boards to go "See, PDO I toedaso" irregardless of its impact or any other context we might have.

If the Canucks don't win the cup this year, it's going to be because of all the geniuses who told us their PDO was unsustainable, case closed, black and white.

Yup. The team’s underlying numbers are really strong since the All Star break but their record isn’t, and the same people are still already saying “oh look it’s the PDO regression”

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
It's probably Winnipeg because they have the most competition for the #1 spot in their division and if they fall from that spot, they'd have the hardest first-round matchup by a mile.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I’d go so far as to say I’d be surprised if Vancouver made it out of the first round.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I want to say there’s absolutely no way the Bruins would lose to this sad Detroit team if they made it in, but they’ve also played the Wings terribly this season as well.

I do think there’s very little chance the Bruins allow what happened last season to happen agai n
They're 2-2 against the Wings this season. I think mediocre is a better descriptor.

I'm just glad they won't have to face the Rangers in the first round. They went 0-4 against them this season. Let's just stick to playing the Leafs please lol

Reactions: nbwingsfan

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
If there's a canucks player who has a wrist thicker than a pencil I'm all ears, just haven't seen any evidence of that yet.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
The Canucks have the 9th best Points % in the west since the Lindholm trade(February 1st)
Add the lack of playoff experience and I think they are a favourite to be upset but anything can happen
Over the past 25 games the Canucks are top 2 in pretty much every analytical category

#1 in xGA
#2 in xGF%
#2 in Corsi
#3 in FF%
#2 in SCF%
#2 in HDCF%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad