Most likely team to come back from an 0-2 deficit in round 2?

Laps40

Dec 16, 2006
Montreal
if Montreal can play like Friday all their remaining games they have a microscopic chance of a comeback...

As for Wild and Calgary ...i think Chicago and Anaheim are just too good

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'd say Mtl, then Minn then Cgy. Price could get hot and get a game or two. Minn still has a shot although the Hawks are playing well. CGY is toast.

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Montreal seems most likely, as others have said. But "most likely" is still like a 10% chance IMO.

Montreal - 10%
Minny - 5%
Calgary - 1%

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
None, all three are quality teams but are also playing well rounded teams. Would take injuries to key players on the Ducks, Hawks, Bolts. 6 games at the most for any of them

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Wild
Flames
Habs

Both the Wild and Flames lost their first two games on the road, while the Habs lost both of theirs at home. I could see both the Wild and Calgary grabbing both of the next 2 games at home. The Wild are a good team, and Dubnyk has yet to be stellar (which I think happens at home in game 3) and he's been too good this season to count him out of stealing a couple. Calgary has been coming back all season, it's not smart to count them out (though Anaheim does look like the far superior team so far :() The Habs I think are going to be hard pressed to push this series past 5 games let alone come back.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
I don't think any are coming back.

If one team does it, it will be Minny.
Flames next and then the Habs.

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
Wouldn't be surprised to see Minnesota win the 2 at home and get back in this series.

Tampa has Montreal's number and Anaheim is just too much for Calgary

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Wild
Flames
Habs

All longshots, but the Wild might be able to get theirs to 7 if they can take advantage of home ice and if they can get to 7, anything can happen.

Flames, just gotta pray their goalies can do backflips. For Montreal, I just don't like what I've seen from Montreal so far in this series, I can't see them shutting down Tampa's guys enough to have a shot. Can really appreciate now how well Detroit managed to contain Tampa with a rookie in net compared to Montreal with Price.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Wild
Flames
Habs

All longshots, but the Wild might be able to get theirs to 7 if they can take advantage of home ice and if they can get to 7, anything can happen.

Flames, just gotta pray their goalies can do backflips. For Montreal, I just don't like what I've seen from Montreal so far in this series, I can't see then shutting down Tampa's guys enough to have a shot. Can really appreciate now how well Detroit managed to contain Tampa with a rookie in net compared to Montreal with Price.

Detroit's team defense is really underrated - their guys on the blueline aren't impressive but they have some excellent defensive forward that helped Mrazek out a lot. Montreal doesn't have the same structure - and god, their PK was atrocious last night (both their penalty kill and their Subban).

But the schedule could be kind to Montreal - if they win game 3 it's a quick turnaround to game 4 - they could ride a wave and go back to Montreal 2-2 very feasibly. Conversely, if they lose game 3 I expect the opposite - you need time to process being down 3-0 and playing a game at a time, but they may not be able to respond that quickly.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
There is about a 15 % chance of coming back from a 2-0 deficit and probably a little less if the losses are at home. All three teams have a slight chance.
Virtually zero chance of coming back from 3-0.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
None, I might say the Wild, but mentally its setting in they cannot beat the Blackhawks. They are similar to the Blues..

The other 2 teams have overachieved, and are facing a very good opponent.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The Flames played like junk at the start of the series, and the Ducks have being playing like men possessed... But I haven't truly counted this team out and I don't see the point in doing it now. The Saddledome will be rocking. And I expect Sean Monahan and Johnny Hockey to show up. That said there chances aren't good.

After ten games I said, hey they could make the playoffs, crazier things have happened.. I got grilled on HF
After 30 i said, hey they could make the playoffs, crazier things have happened... I got Grilled on HF
After Gio went down I said, hey they could still make the playoffs, crazier things have happened... I got grilled on HF.
Hey they could still win this series, crazier things have happened... preparing for another grilling

The same could be said about the Wild. Let's not count them out until they lose at Xcel energy center. Clearly, like the Flames, the Wild are just playing the cream of the crop and they are like deer in the headlights. But I honestly feel both these teams are better then they have played. And I never doubt a team down 2-0 going home...

Montreal is my second favourite team, but I think we are seeing why a goalie just can't carry a team like he could in the previous era's of hockey. Tampa just has to much depth. And they are going to Tampa. Honestly I think they have the worst chance of the 3 just because home ice is so huge in the playoffs.

nvn

Oct 15, 2013
They won't come back.
Chicago and Anaheim are too good and Montreal lost 2 home games.

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
If the Flames played like they did in the second period and parts of the third of game 2, I could see them making a comeback. But that's a pretty big if.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I think Montreal has a chance. When they've played 5on5, its actually been close or in favour of the Habs. The Habs also had a 5-1 stinker against Ottawa and came back strong the next game. They also have Carey Price. I don't think it's likely that they will win the series, but I can picture scenarios where it could happen.

I think the Wild also have a chance but a pretty small one.

I can't envision a scenario where Calgary comes back. Nothing against the Flames, but more a statement on how strong the Ducks are. I could see Calgary taking one game at home.

True, but they were up in the series and they did not show such an embarrassing behavior as they did yesterday. They probably have the best chance to come back out of those 3 teams but that's not saying much, they also have the best chance of being swept as well if that makes any sense.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If the Flames played like they did in the second period and parts of the third of game 2, I could see them making a comeback. But that's a pretty big if.

I still think we can make it a series, but we really needed to get a split in the first 2 games.

Going to be hard to win 4 in 4/5 games.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I don't think any of them will (partly because I had TB, CHI, and ANA all advancing in the first place). Minnesota seems like the team most capable to come back from an 0-2 deficit, but Chicago is too good a team to lose 4 of the next 5. They've only blown a 2-0 series lead once in franchise history, and I don't think they will let it happen this round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad