Most likely team to come back from an 0-2 deficit in round 2?

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Both Minnie and Montreal are equally outclassed by their opposition - i.e. a good bit, but not unreasonably so - but Minnie is going home for the next 2 and Montreal has to try to win on the road.

I'd say Minnie, followed by Montreal (at least they have Price), followed by Calgary (at least they made it this far), but I expect none of them to win their series. Minnie might push it to 6 or 7. Price might steal a game. Calgary might make a game or two close while being swept.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Wild

HUGE GAP

Flames - Known for gritty comebacks all year
Habs - Price gives them a chance, offense of 1 goal a game equals doomed

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Wild - Unlikely - They are the best of the 3 teams down but Chicago is a force to be reckoned with.
Habs - Unlikely - Price will have to be near God-like and Bishop choke for the Habs to come back.
Flames - Very unlikely - nothing is impossible but...

mytduxfan*

CGY = No, Ducks are just too good for them.
MTL = No, they've lost 2 home games against a TBL side that seems to heating up.
MIN = Could possibly go back and tie this one. I still see CHI winning the series though.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Montreal just lost two at home, with one being a complete blow out. I don't see them coming back, Tampa is on fire at home and their record against us is devastating. Unless a miracle happens which I dont see Therrien being that kind of person, Price can't do it alone, we're done. No reverse jinx here.

The team that could come back is the Wild, followed by the Flames.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
In terms of likeliness, MTL has the best shot because of Price and because they have a decent team. Next up is Minny, another decent team. CGY was always playing on pixie dust and they're up against a juggernaut. No chance whatsoever.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Flames are getting swept.

I see the Wild winning both their home games.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Minnesota.

Calgary has no chance at all. Montreal has a chance, but is a long-shot. It really depends on Price and Subban, and they will ahve to be exceptional.

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
Habs because of Price
Minny
Calgary, which i would say have a 2% chance.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Minn - 25% chance and that's if they can fix their D against Chicago's top lines.
Flames - 5% - Ducks are too tough

Habs - 0%. Stand back as we unleash the DrouinKrakken on you while we're home.

Oct 18, 2011
minnesota has a chance, they are going home, and you never know what kind of goaltending the hawks will get

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Rangers have a chance, but not much. 2 games away from their "classy" fans is 2 too many.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Habs - Despite what a lot of people are saying, the Habs offense can and has come alive sporadically. This will need to happen as well as price using the god-mode cheat.

Wild - They can play better than they have been, the main reason they are not above the Habs is because IMO Hawks>Bolts.

Flames - Last game they showed they can hang with Anaheim, but still couldn't really get it going. I'd be shocked if they won the series, could see them taking a game though.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Wild are the only ones I see with a chance and it's a slim one. Habs and Flames will be lucky to avoid a sweep the way the 1st 2 games looked

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Minnesota or Montreal are the only teams that can push the series to 6 or 7.

Montreal needs to score at least 2 goals a game & Price needs to stop everything or they are done.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
The Habs can't score because they suxx, and Stamkos is the ******* kryptonite to Carey Price.
We are ****ed.

topnotch

Oct 20, 2010
From historical records, Ana and Chi have a .883 probability of winning their series, and TB has a .786 probability.

That's a .613 probability of all 3 advancing, .329 of 2 advancing, .055 of 1 advancing, and .003 probability of all losing.

Sorry to Minnesota, Montreal, and Calgary fans.

Church of Toews*

Habs have to play the next two games away not an ideal situation i do see price stealing a single game but thats about it.

Wild could possibly win both at home like they did last year and tie it.

Flames just seem outmatched against anaheim. While they had an amazing year and should be proud of doing this while a rebuild is going on I think the buck may stop here

I don't think any one of these teams will be swept but i can only see Minnesota going to 6 other teams being out in 5

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
No one, all series' will be a sweep.

But I am always wrong and am hoping this is the case in all scenarios. I want game 7's and both Minny and Calgary to win. Is it just me or has almost all round two's the last couple years kinda sucked? Besides Rags/Caps this round is boring so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->