Most likely team to come back from an 0-2 deficit in round 2?

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Montreal seems most likely, as others have said. But "most likely" is still like a 10% chance IMO.

Montreal - 10%
Minny - 5%
Calgary - 1%

The fact that Montreal lost both games on home ice changes the complexity of this series completely. Tampa was 32-8-1 at home this year; now, Montreal has to win 2/3 games in Tampa to have a chance of winning this series. I don't see it happening, but it's clear that their only chance, as it has been all year, is Carey Price.

strongbad

Apr 22, 2007
Minnesota is going back to their home ice, so they have the best chance.
Calgary also, but Anaheim is just so dominant. I don't see Calgary winning a game here.
Montreal is going into Tampa Bay, the team with the best home record in the NHL. I don't see them winning a game either.

Minnesota

Montreal
Calgary

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Wild have a good chance, they can pull it off.

Habs are done. They will win a game or two at most.
Flames are probably getting swept.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Wild
Habs
Flames

Any of these teams can do it. However Montreal is the team that doesn't get home ice these next 2 games. Tampa s top 6 looks very dangerous and I think if Cooper manages his forwards Price is going to have to be in super Sayian 4 mode.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Wild and Habs both have a chance. Especially the Habs. Carey Price is everything to them and if he gets hot, they could come back without question.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
If the Habs or Flames come back I'd be very surprised. At least the Flames are heade back to Calgary, but the Habs have Price, so I'll say they have an equal chance of coming back. I'm saying this as someone who has only caught about a period and a half of the Chicago/Minny series. But I think the Wild still have a chance in this one. Dubnyk can steal one on his own on home ice and suddenly it's a whole new series.

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
Minnesota. They took the Hawks to Game 6 OT before going down after dropping the first two last year (and this is with Mr. Humongous Big Universe in net). This might be an even better Wild team - I wouldn't be shocked to see it go to 7.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
None of them are coming back, I would put much more money on each of them being swept than any of them making a come back.

Habs Homer

Hello
Jan 24, 2013
Playa Del Carmen
Habs are done. Sad when you consider how well they played in game one and how well they were doing in game 2, totally dominating before Prust took that stupid penalty that completely shifted the momentum.

Tampa in 5

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I would put moeny on the Wild winning the next two making it a best of 3 series at that point.

Habs and flames are done. I do think Calgary wins one game on a lucky bounce. I don't think MTL even wins a game at this rate

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Minnesota. They took the Hawks to Game 6 OT before going down after dropping the first two last year (and this is with Mr. Humongous Big Universe in net). This might be an even better Wild team - I wouldn't be shocked to see it go to 7.

Yeah, I wouldn't count Minny out just yet, if they do they will go down swinging, not without a fight I think.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
The real question is: can anyone beat the Ducks, in this round or the next two?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
So Montreal, Calgary and Minesota are all down 0-2 in their series. Each of those 3 teams have some things going for them, but also a lot of things going against them, obviously.

Montreal - although the only favorite out of those 3 teams - doesn't get to go home for games 3 and 4 unlike Calgary and Minnesota.

Rank those 3 teams in order from most to least likely to come back from 0-2 to win the series?

Definitely not Calgary.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Wild
Flames
Habs

Precisely because Wild and Flames still have their first home games to play. Habs last because they go on the road against a team that has had their number all year.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
My thought is always never worry until you lose on home ice.
So the Habs are in trouble, but both the Flames and Wild could just as easily come back with two straight of their own at home. Dubnyk especially seems to have these 'bad' games, and then follows them up with some ridiculous results for the Wild.

So if anything I think the Wild have the best shot at coming back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad