Most boring 1st round series so far?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
After thinking about it a little more... from most entertaining to least (Keep in mind, they are all good, so it's tough!)

Top tier
Calgary vs Colorado: Pace has been amazing, goaltenders too. Late-period comebacks & OT
San Jose - Vegas: Lots of goals & animosity

Middle tier
Winnipeg - St. Louis
Boston - Toronto
Tampa Bay - Columbus
Nashville-Dallas

Lower tier
Washington - Carolina
NY Islanders - Pittsburgh - Still a good series, the Islanders played hard, but the Pens couldn't bring it this year
I mean if your reasons for CGY/COL being top tier is great goaltending and late comebacks and OT then you kind of have to put WPG/STL in your top tier. The team that has scored 1st is 1-4 in that series. Also, every game has been won late except for one.

Drakkar

Apr 8, 2004
Irvine, CA
I mean if your reasons for CGY/COL being top tier is great goaltending and late comebacks and OT then you kind of have to put WPG/STL in your top tier. The team that has scored 1st is 1-4 in that series. Also, every game has been won late except for one.

Yeah, but the pace is a little bit slower, so it's just a little bit exciting I guess. But we're splitting hair here :)

Reactions: HerpaDerp

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
yes? Just because the games are close doesn't make them exciting. Slow pace to those games, greasy goals, no history/rivalry between the two teams. Even tonight's comeback was not very exciting.
I think it's because every win has been by the away team leading to very quiet barns every night. Had that coming back down 2-0 in the 3rd period & game winner with 15 seconds left happened in St. Louis the crowd energy would have made it more exciting for neutral fans imo.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
I've only watched
Leafs/bruins
Lighting/jackets
Flames/avalance

None of them.have been boring to me

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
As a Leaf fan, I’ve found this series to be lacking the intensity I was expecting. Tonight was just a God awful game to watch. Save for the Leafs winning of course.

Reactions: STLomacneko

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
As a Leaf fan, I’ve found this series to be lacking the intensity I was expecting. Tonight was just a God awful game to watch. Save for the Leafs winning of course.
It really was. Neither team would leave 2nd gear & seemed afraid to make a mistake leading to a very tentative game.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I wouldn't say boring since I haven't watched them, but I haven't watched any of the Blues-Jets and Stars-Preds series' as I don't have much of a vested interest in any of those teams. So not necessarily boring, but those two for least interesting to me personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad