Most boring 1st round series so far?

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson put me to sleep....Can't believe CBC can't do better than this.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
All of them. Hockey isn't what it used to be.
old.jpg

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Honestly, pretty boring playoffs so far. None of the series is especially interesting. I expected the most out of Bruins-Leafs but it's been a major letdown.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Islanders - Penguins. Islanders smothering style is very effective but hard to watch. Blues - Jets is pretty lame as well, hardly any offense.

mitchdisaster

Threadkiller
Jan 30, 2007
The Superheater
I have a hard time paying serious attention to SJS-VGK and DAL-NSH. Not sure how to really explain it but i just find myself wandering while watching those games. Loving CGY-COL though. Probably my favorite (non-homer) series. BOS-TOR is very watchable and WPG-STL just doesn't move the needle for me one way or the other.

most boring to least:
1. SJS-VGK
2. DAL-NSH
3. WPG-STL
4. BOS-TOR
5. CGY-COL

Reactions: fire87

Butchie91

Aug 11, 2010
Brooklyn NY
How about all the other people saying that series? I’ll be waiting for your response.

Playing sound defence against team that won two cups and keep best player in the world to one assist is boring? Maybe these "other" people don't know anything about hockey or maybe they are "fans" of teams that did not make playoffs.

Reactions: cowboy82nd

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Playing sound defence against team that won two cups and keep best player in the world to one assist is boring? Maybe these "other" people don't know anything about hockey or maybe they are "fans" of teams that did not make playoffs.

Yes, of course, that must be it. I'm glad you have an excuse ready for anyone who says the series was boring. You can call it whatever you want, at the end of the day it was boring hockey.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Toronto/ Boston has such a lack of emotion compared to the other series. No scrums or emotion allowed.

These other series have been fantastic in that regard. Aside from Dallas/Nashville which is quite unappealing.

Reactions: Neely2005

Butchie91

Aug 11, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Yes, of course, that must be it. I'm glad you have an excuse ready for anyone who says the series was boring. You can call it whatever you want, at the end of the day it was boring hockey.
And of course, if rags were in playoffs, hockey would be very entertaining. So predictable. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
Toronto/ Boston has such a lack of emotion compared to the other series. No scrums or emotion allowed.

These other series have been fantastic in that regard. Aside from Dallas/Nashville which is quite unappealing.
That is because of Toronto. Their whole team play without emotion

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
As a Blues fan and them being 2-2 with WPG you would think it's been exciting. It hasn't.

I don't know if away teams always winning so the crowds aren't into it is part of it but 3/4 games have been close but not really exciting at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->