Most boring 1st round series so far?

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
I don't understand how people think the Vegas vs Knights is boring. It's old school hockey.

My pick is definitely Boston vs Toronto. There should be more fuel to that series and it lacks it sorely. Are they the most boring games? No. But the battle between those teams isn't nearly to the level it should be at.

Reactions: MacBradley

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Don't think I'd call any "boring" but I've had a hard time getting into Nashville-Dallas. Something about it...can't really put my finger on it.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Playing sound defence against team that won two cups and keep best player in the world to one assist is boring? Maybe these "other" people don't know anything about hockey or maybe they are "fans" of teams that did not make playoffs.

The Islanders style is trap/stifling defence so compared to the rest of the series it is indeed the least entertaining to watch. Goals come in very shot spurts and a majority of the game is in the neutral zone and outside the scoring areas.

No other series has a team playing that style so that would explain why it is the least exciting by a fair margin.

Boston and Toronto have also been boring for stretches so I'd put them 3rd behind the Dallas / Nashville series in 2nd.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
As a Blues fan and them being 2-2 with WPG you would think it's been exciting. It hasn't.

I don't know if away teams always winning so the crowds aren't into it is part of it but 3/4 games have been close but not really exciting at all.
I thought games 1 and 4 were exciting.

Game 2 was exciting for 2/3 periods but St. Louis just shut the Jets down in the third. Game 3 the Jets dominated, which doesn't lead to an overall exciting game.

Game 1 was close all game before the Blues took over and tied and won it late, game 4 was full of chances with both goalies playing well before the Jets took over and tied and won it in OT.

I'm actually surprised how many people are saying WPG-STL. It's been good, hard hitting, playoff hockey. Maybe lacking the nastiness of some series but it's been physical and close games, with some great goaltending by Binnington.

I haven't really had the time to watch many other series but DAL-NSH seems like a snoozer.

DVon Du Nord

Apr 30, 2012
Kildare, IE
I don't understand how people think the Vegas vs Knights is boring. It's old school hockey.

Too much time at the practice rink? You should have seen em play San Jose! :sarcasm:

Personally I haven't been bored by any series. I do understand people not being able to get into teams they don't care about though, so that's likely to be the answer of 90% of posters in here.

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
You can stop watching any time.
Rude reply. All he said was it isnt what it was. I agree with him, im not gonna stop watching hockey thought. I think the playoffs have become soft. I remember when I was 13 or 14 the series the Flyers and Leafs had.... oh my that was playoff hockey. Hits hits and more hits. The toughest survived lol.

Linnie The Pooh

Apr 17, 2019
Ashburn, Virginia
Not really bored by any series because I personally would tune into any of the series instead of watching any of the other crap that is on TV. Vegas and San Jose may be a little boring mostly because I expected more from San Jose and they really have yet to show much.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Hits hits and more hits. The toughest survived lol.
I think you are describing an NFL game? How does players colliding and injuring each other equate to compelling hockey? I enjoy checking as much as the next guy, but sometimes it's gratuitous and results in too much non-5 on 5 action and injury depleted rosters (see: San Jose). Give me break outs, stretch passes, possession.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Not really sure. I guess Blues/Jets. I'm waiting for the drama and not seeing it, but then again, I've watched that series the least given the times of the other games so far.

JediJew12

Apr 16, 2019
Compared to our past series, the Caps/Canes is very boring to me. The Caps are simply being dominated and the series has been completed one sided despite being up 2-1. We are lucky to not be 0-3. The Canes are playing high level hockey, so saying this is boring is definitely not meant to be slight against them. Just, as a fan, I am not excited as I usually am due to the disappointment in the lack of effort and intensity.

Who would have predicted an Ovechkin fight would have been the most exciting moment of Caps hockey?

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
I haven't found any games to be "boring" however I expected a lot from the jets blues series and it hasn't hit my expectations, however that might be a more me than them thing.

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
I think you are describing an NFL game? How does players colliding and injuring each other equate to compelling hockey? I enjoy checking as much as the next guy, but sometimes it's gratuitous and results in too much non-5 on 5 action and injury depleted rosters (see: San Jose). Give me break outs, stretch passes, possession.
Nope. Talking about hockey bud. Your opinion is different than mine. I like grinding physical hockey! Not 150 lb guys standing in front of the net and guys afraid to finish a check for fear of suspension. League is getting softer. Just like Ovechkin getting heat for fighting. Willing partners one got KTFO and he is a bad guy lol. Again just my opinion.

Reactions: Neely2005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad