Prospect Info: Morgan Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
I don't understand it. Would have been a solid player in our minor. You need guys like this to make your farm team win and stabilize it.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Was the QO more than league minimum? Sometimes guys still sign after going UFA.

In any case Ellis is a long shot to make the NHL. Still a great story. He's a great hockey player and should absolutely be able to make a living playing hockey if he choses to.

I think so, since his '15/16 contract was for $0.633 million. I can see why they wouldn't want to commit at least 10% more to that, despite finally rounding out to the kind of player for the IceCaps that he was in Cape Breton.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So he's definitely never going to make the NHL? I didn't see glaring problems with his game (but what do I know) in the few minutes he played but it's pretty clear MT didn't like him.

Is he too slow or something? Ellis had a pretty good junior career. He started slow as a pro but seemed to get it together last year. He put up points, has reasonable size.

I don't know what his future will be, just that it will be a big loss to the IceCaps if he's not back. He is on the slow side, but I would have brought him back so hopefully they have some kind of plan in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad