Prospect Info: Morgan Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I wonder if someone else is called up? The Habs only have 6 defenseman up. Unless of course Beaulieu is close to returning.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
he would need to go through waivers if he's up for 30 days or 10 games, whichever is closer.

Right. Maybe he could have been kept up a little while longer, but honestly he didn't look like he belonged at the NHL level at this point.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Pretty much showed he's an AHLer. Nothing wrong with that, we need AHL vet leaders too. Wonder if we'll call up Dietz since he was so good in the last few pre-seasons. Would love to sign Nygren to finish the year but the chances of that happening are near zero.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I wonder if someone else is called up? The Habs only have 6 defenseman up. Unless of course Beaulieu is close to returning.

We should find out after 5 pm.

Pretty much showed he's an AHLer. Nothing wrong with that, we need AHL vet leaders too. Wonder if we'll call up Dietz since he was so good in the last few pre-seasons. Would love to sign Nygren to finish the year but the chances of that happening are near zero.

Perhaps if they want to get a look at Dietz since he needs to clear waivers next year, not that it should be an issue. Nygren can't come over and play for the Habs without going through waivers since he was already signed. You can bring over Euro's this late if they sign an ELC, but not when they have already been signed. Plus his team is in the playoffs and he does have a shot at playing for Team Sweden at the WC's depending on what NHLers are available.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
AHL material.

You won't make me cry with the facts that his family was coming saturday.

He didn't showed enough to stay. Weak, AHL defenseman.

It is a professional hockey team. Not a charity hockey team.

Mad Brills*

AHL material.

You won't make me cry with the facts that his family was coming saturday.

He didn't showed enough to stay. Weak, AHL defenseman.

Funny, because the GM is hiring some of his friends to have jobs in the organization that aren't qualified, so.....

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Pretty presumptuous thing for him to do...Not the team's problem.

Maybe it is, but the team isn't going anywhere this year. We ****ing suck and hope we suck for years to come until Bergevin and Therrien are gone. Could have kept Ellis 1 more game to have his family see him play. Montreal has become a **** **** hockey club.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He looked ok in his 1st game, but not good in the following 2. Action seemed too fast for his decision making. I hope the Habs still sign him. He's a good AHL veteran to have around.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
If the family didn't see him play in one of his first 3 NHL games then blame the family, not MB. You find a way to get there no matter where it is.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't see the issue, the guy is lucky he turned his career around in the ECHL last year and now got to appear in the NHL. It's not like he was playing great, he got a look and they sent him back. Now he has a better understanding of what he needs to do this summer if he has any shot of beating out guys like Pateryn for a spot next fall.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
True...they can have a fear of flight, or dad couldn't get the time off, many reasons why they couldn't make it!

Yes, many reasons, nobody here has a clue.

Not everybody can take time off whenever they want.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If the family didn't see him play in one of his first 3 NHL games then blame the family, not MB. You find a way to get there no matter where it is.
They live in PEI, so there's no way they fly to California....it was mentioned all family including his 80's something grandparents stayed up to watch the two games on the west coast he played...

Just seems like a lack of communication between the player and the team, if he went and invited them to Montreal for tuesday, only to find out he was being sent back to NFLD on sunday...

He did an OK job, not great the first 3 games...but OK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad