?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
As much as I want to say Jets, I voted Leafs due to the fact the Jets have still yet to win a single playoff series in team history. That's an awful lot of playoff losses. Jets are def the better team.

LOL. No, they are not. And the Leafs are not "better" either.

Both teams happen to have 81 points right now, with the Leafs having scored more goals and the Jets having given up fewer. They are literally neck & neck.........tied. Having more OT losses doesn't make the Jets "better", Man. :)

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
I guess I could have quoted the poster that you were quoting but your post was too damn undeservingly smug not to.

Who do you feel I have overrated specifically? Myers isn’t a top 4 defenseman, or Regurgitating a 2013 meme about Buff being fat and lazy?

I could go to the polls section and ask if Trouba and Morrissey are in the top 62 defensemen in the league but that’ll end up 85-15 in my favour and I’d rather just conserve my energy. If you feel I’m wrong, go ahead and prove yourself right.

You clearly don't know very much about the leafs team or our defense so I'm not sure why you pretend you do.

I wasn't even being smug. I'm pretty sure the guy I called out is a leaf fan so no idea why you'e defending him. He said the jets have better dmen and a better goalie, while the leafs rely on Andy more than the jets. If you look at the stats, that doesn't make sense. A fellow leaf fan explained it well and anishalooma(sp?) Never replied. That's it. So I'm still not sure why you quoted me. Had nothing to do with you

Edit: as for the op, I'd probably say the jets. Close though, both are good team's and anything can happen once you're in the play offs.

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg

Both teams happen to have 81 points right now, with the Leafs having scored more goals and the Jets having given up fewer. They are literally neck & neck.........tied. Having more OT losses doesn't make the Jets "better", Man. :)

Leafs have played 2 more games and with as many goals the Jets score I don't expect that to hold up.

moose3322

Apr 3, 2007

Well the Jets have a slightly higher goals per game, a slightly lower goals against per game; and as for OT points, the Jets have 2 more regulation wins despite playing 2 less games than the Leafs. It is not a tie- it’s very close- but not a tie.

All this, despite playing in what is widely regarded as the toughest and deepest division in hockey, and without their #1 and #3 centermen for long stretches of time.

That being said, I don’t know how you can get mad if somebody has the opinion that the Jets are better. I think it’s pretty clear that they have been the better team so far this year, although it is indeed close.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

Jets are a better team then the Leafs. Care to put up a poll ? You do know how to calculate winning percentages right ? Have you checked the rosters of both teams recently ? Jets are also a deeper team.

Reactions: Blue Shakehead

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Leafs by the looks of it will get destroyed first round by one of Boston or Tampa, then the second round between Boston and Tampa will be interesting.

Winnipeg... cup bound!

Reactions: dukeofjive

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Jets are a better team then the Leafs. Care to put up a poll ? You do know how to calculate winning percentages right ? Have you checked the rosters of both teams recently ? Jets are also a deeper team.

LOL You go right ahead. The usual gang will vote against anything Leaf related, but it's silly to say one is "better" than the other. They are virtually neck & neck.

As for deeper........again I have to LOL.

Leafs have four 20+ goal scorers. Winnipeg has three.
Leafs have two 25+ goal scorers. Winnipeg has one.
Leafs have three 30+ assist scorers. Winnipeg has two.
Leafs have ten 30+ point getters. Winnipeg has nine.

DEPTH.

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
LOL You go right ahead. The usual gang will vote against anything Leaf related, but it's silly to say one is "better" than the other. They are virtually neck & neck.

As for deeper........again I have to LOL.

Leafs have four 20+ goal scorers. Winnipeg has three.
Leafs have two 25+ goal scorers. Winnipeg has one.
Leafs have three 30+ assist scorers. Winnipeg has two.
Leafs have ten 30+ point getters. Winnipeg has nine.

DEPTH.

Herp Derp, how do I do this?

Jets have six 16+ goal scores. Leafs have four.
Jets have three 22+ goal scores. Leafs have two.
Jets have one 70+ point getter. Leafs have zero.

Doing it like this is asinine...

DEEEEPPPPTTTTHHHHH

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

DEEEEPPPPTTTTHHHHH

Interesting. I simply present some facts, and you start name calling and acting like a fool.

Are you 13 years old?

naruto

Nov 13, 2017

DEEEEPPPPTTTTHHHHH

He used unbiased numbers. 30...25....20... Normally used cutoffs.

You just pulled random numbers out of ur butt.... Lol 22....16....

Smh. Embarassing.

moose3322

Apr 3, 2007
He used unbiased numbers. 30...25....20... Normally used cutoffs.

You just pulled random numbers out of ur butt.... Lol 22....16....

Smh. Embarassing.

If we want to play this game, here are some “unbiased” cutoffs then. Let’s use the top 9 forwards on each teams and their goals and points pace over an 82 game season, as the leafs have played extra games:

Winnipeg has 4 30+ goal forwards
Toronto has 2

Winnipeg has 5 25+ goal forwards
Toronto has 4

Winnipeg has 6 20+ goal forwards
Toronto has 5

Winnipeg has 8 15+ goal forwards
Toronto has 7

Winnipeg has 2 85+ point forwards
Toronto has 0

Winnipeg has 3 65+ point forwards
Toronto has 1

Winnipeg has 5 60+ point forwards
Toronto has 3

Winnipeg has 6 55+ point forwards
Toronto has 4

Winnipeg has 7 45+ point forwards
Toronto has 5

These are also facts about their scoring paces

DEPTH, as well as better top end

Last edited:

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Just to add a little nothing,

Shots

S/gp
Jets 31.8
Leafs 31.7

Shots against/gp
Jets 31.4
Leafs 34.2

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Jets are going to end up with a far easier 1st round matchup. They have a better chance at getting to round 2 then Toronto against Tampa or Boston who the Jets won't face a comparable team in the 1st round.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Jets are going to end up with a far easier 1st round matchup. They have a better chance at getting to round 2 then Toronto against Tampa or Boston who the Jets won't face a comparable team in the 1st round.
Nashville is no slouch, but it looks like the Jets most likely opponent will be the Wild.
I certainly agree that Wild - Preds is a much easier path than Bruins - Lightning.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
I don't know which team will have more wins, it's playoffs and anything can happen. But there is something very enjoyable my man Pate will beat Matty with wide margin this season. 40 goals is reality for Laine while Matthews can only dream about 30.

#itiswhatitis

Last edited:

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
If we want to play this game, here are some “unbiased” cutoffs then. Let’s use the top 9 forwards on each teams and their goals and points pace over an 82 game season, as the leafs have played extra games:

Winnipeg has 4 30+ goal forwards
Toronto has 2

Winnipeg has 5 25+ goal forwards
Toronto has 4

Winnipeg has 6 20+ goal forwards
Toronto has 5

Winnipeg has 8 15+ goal forwards
Toronto has 7

Winnipeg has 2 85+ point forwards
Toronto has 0

Winnipeg has 3 65+ point forwards
Toronto has 1

Winnipeg has 5 60+ point forwards
Toronto has 3

Winnipeg has 6 55+ point forwards
Toronto has 4

Winnipeg has 7 45+ point forwards
Toronto has 5
These are also facts about their scoring paces

DEPTH, as well as better top end

LOL. There's that "on pace" thing again.

News flash: The players actually have to score those goals/points, or they do not count!!!

Winnipeg doesn't have any of the things you listed, except in your "magic fantasy land".

:)

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I don't know which team will have more wins, it's playoffs and anything can happen. But there is something very enjoyable my man Pate will beat Matty with wide margin this season. 40 goals is reality for Laine while Matthews can only dream about 30.

#itiswhatitis
Can only dream about 30? He has 28 goals :laugh:. He also has one less point then Laine in 9 less games. What an absolutely ridiculous post. And people try to say it's just Leaf fans that start this stupid Matthews-Laine shit post fest.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
LOL. There's that "on pace" thing again.

News flash: The players actually have to score those goals/points, or they do not count!!!

Winnipeg doesn't have any of the things you listed, except in your "magic fantasy land".

:)

They don’t have those points yet(and might not) but regardless of that, they’re PPG is better which does matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad