?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Not the point. You said who wouldn't be 4th in the league playing in the Atlantic....The logical answer is the 5 teams that are behind the Leafs also in the Atlantic.

Clearly I wasn't being literal in my initial post.

I'm saying that you swap out any half decent team from other divisions and they would have more points than they currently do playing the Wings,Habs,Sens,Sabres 5 times a year.

Don't get me wrong the Leafs are a good team, I just wouldn't consider them a top 5 team.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I'm saying that you swap out any half decent team from other divisions and they would have more points than they currently do playing the Wings,Habs,Sens,Sabres 5 times a year.

Don't get me wrong the Leafs are a good team, I just wouldn't consider them a top 5 team.
I was being overly pedantic because in general I think this point has kind of been beaten to death. The 3 top teams in the Atlantic haven't gotten there records based on beating up on the Atlantic(Save maybe Boston but even then no more then out of division teams). I mean the Leafs haven't played the Sabres one time yet this season. To me it is just an easy point to make...but not actually true right now anyways.

Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

The Leafs actually play their Division opponents 4 times a year and so far this season they have not yet played the Sabres. Plus they have only played the Canadiens 2 times both on the road in October and November, so they have not yet got to play them in Toronto.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I was being overly pedantic because in general I think this point has kind of been beaten to death. The 3 top teams in the Atlantic haven't gotten there records based on beating up on the Atlantic(Save maybe Boston but even then no more then out of division teams). I mean the Leafs haven't played the Sabres one time yet this season. To me it is just an easy point to make...but not actually true right now anyways.

Leafs are 3-5-3 vs the Central, just saying, if they had were in the Central they'd be a bubble team at best.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
The Leafs actually play their Division opponents 4 times a year and so far this season they have not yet played the Sabres. Plus they have only played the Canadiens 2 times both on the road in October and November, so they have not yet got to play them in Toronto.

And those easy wins is going to inflate their record even more.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs are 3-5-3 vs the Central, just saying, if they had were in the Central they'd be a bubble team at best.
You are wrong about their record against the Central.

Oct 4: 7-2 win vs the Jets
Oct 9: 4-3 OT win vs the Blackhawks
Nov 4: 6-4 loss vs the Blues
Nov 8: 4-2 win vs the Wild
Dec 14: 2-0 loss vs the Wild
Dec 29: 4-3 OT loss vs the Avalanche
Jan 16: 2-1 OT loss vs the Blues
Jan 22: 4-2 loss vs the Avalanche
Jan 24: 3-2 OT win vs the Blackhawks
Jan 25: 4-1 win vs the Stars
Feb 7: 3-2 shootout win vs the Predators

So that equals a 6-3-2 record against the Central with 1 game left against the Stars, Predators, and Jets.

Reactions: Diatomic

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
And those easy wins is going to inflate their record even more.
So wait....There record is inflated right now, having not played those teams but you said it was inflated because the Leafs played them. So when you are told the Leafs haven't played them much this season you jump to the conclusion that it will inflate their record more? Huh? I really don't think you understand what is going on here :laugh:

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
No they wouldn't. They actually have a solid record against the central. No way the team with the 4th most points in the league while playing less games against the bottom division than the other top teams is a "bubble team at best" in the central.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
No they wouldn't. They actually have a solid record against the central. No way the team with the 4th most points in the league while playing less games against the bottom division than the other top teams is a "bubble team at best" in the central.

How is 3-5-3 vs a division solid? Take the 10 or so less games they play against central opponents vs weaker opponents and they're into the low 70's point range?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
You can refer me to this because I just pulled it off hockey reference.

So that equals a 6-3-2 record against the Central with 1 game left against the Stars, Predators, and Jets
From 3 or 4 posts up. Maybe you were looking at our record from last season.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010

So that equals a 6-3-2 record against the Central with 1 game left against the Stars, Predators, and Jets
From 3 or 4 posts up. Maybe you were looking at our record from last season.

My numbers were wrong . Disregard everything I've said.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
No it's not. Pate has always been better than Matty if he isn't forced to play with Little. That's the fact.
Last season Matthews was far and away the better player. Also if he was not stuck with Hyman he might have scored more than 40 goals.

As for this year I will say again since Laine's fans got to use his concussion as an excuse does Matthews injuries and him missing games give him the same leverage?

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Even if Winnipeg avoids Nashville in the 1st round, if both teams win it means they play them in the 2nd round.

and? id rather Winnipeg get a round under their belt before playing Nashville to be honest
Winnipeg is a good enough team
get full healthy team and it should be a close one

don't believe in Paul Maurice tho

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Last season Matthews was far and away the better player. Also if he was not stuck with Hyman he might have scored more than 40 goals.

As for this year I will say again since Laine's fans got to use his concussion as an excuse does Matthews injuries and him missing games give him the same leverage?

He was better, because Pate was forced to play with Little. Give him Copp and he products 2x more than ever with Little. And Pate's production would be sky high without Little, like it has always been

You can use that as a excuse. Laine got beat last season, but it didn't work out same way this season. Your fanbase enjoyed it very much and i'm going to do same way this season.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
He was better, because Pate was forced to play with Little. Give him Copp and he products 2x more than ever with Little. And Pate's production would be sky high without Little, like it has always been

You can use that as a excuse. Laine got beat last season, but it didn't work out same way this season. Your fanbase enjoyed it very much and i'm going to do same way this season.
I don't remember any Leafs fans who were happy Laine was injured. It was either Jets fans or Laine's fans in Finland who used it as an excuse if he didn't win the Calder and to discredit what Matthews did. So if your really happy that Matthews is injured I feel sorry for you.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
I don't remember any Leafs fans who were happy Laine was injured. It was either Jets fans or Laine's fans in Finland who used it as an excuse if he didn't win the Calder and to discredit what Matthews did. So if your really happy that Matthews is injured I feel sorry for you.

I don't feel happy about injury. Pate will beat Matty at rivalry, race won't be even close & that makes me happy. Your fanbase was enjoying very much while Matty beat Pate in Calder. Now it's my time to enjoy. Better luck next season boys.

#onlyonewinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad