?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johno

Assembling a Nordic powerhouse
Oct 30, 2013
I would put my money on the Jets if I had to. They will likely crush either Dallas or Minnesota in the first round in five or less and be rested for series vs Nashville which likely is a 7 game tilt. Leafs on the otherside are IMO not likely to win Bruins. They can do it if they get hot, but if I had to put money on it I would say the Jets on this one.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
So you are telling me there is a chance^^

leafs at 100, jets 99.9. so yes, there is still a chance the jets miss lol...but aint gonna happen.

Panthers on pace for 87 pts. leafs already at 85 with 16 games left.....crazy. might as well put the X next to em

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I would put my money on the Jets if I had to. They will likely crush either Dallas or Minnesota in the first round in five or less and be rested for series vs Nashville which likely is a 7 game tilt. Leafs on the otherside are IMO not likely to win Bruins. They can do it if they get hot, but if I had to put money on it I would say the Jets on this one.

this is beyond silly

since last year the leafs are 7-1 against the bruins.
4-0 at home, 3-1 on the road.
gotta love the comments about how they are not likely to win, or have no chance. they just beat the bruins a few days ago btw

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
this is beyond silly

gotta love the comments about how they are not likely to win, or have no chance. they just beat the bruins a few days ago btw

Well, of course. It's because it's the Leafs. That's how these forums work. :)

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Well, of course. It's because it's the Leafs. That's how these forums work. :)

Playing the Leafs Victim card after making posts like these?

Yikes.

Interesting. I simply present some facts, and you start name calling and acting like a fool.

Are you 13 years old?

View attachment 100975

Nobody who looks as ugly as THIS wins at anything, ever. It's a Disney fact. Look it up.

......except for the FACT that he's always lost to "my boy". He came in 2nd in the draft, he had less goals last year, less assists, less points, and less Calders.

Other than all that, Laine wins?

:D

Johno

Oct 30, 2013
this is beyond silly

That was meant to say "as likely" but that's my mistake. But the point stands that I think Jets are more likely to go further than the Leafs. Also wasn't aware that they have done so well against the Bruins. Believed the wins were quite 50-50, my bad

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I don't feel happy about injury. Pate will beat Matty at rivalry, race won't be even close & that makes me happy. Your fanbase was enjoying very much while Matty beat Pate in Calder. Now it's my time to enjoy. Better luck next season boys.

#onlyonewinner
Unless the Leafs and Jets both play in the Stanley Cup Final this year Laine will not have defeated Matthews for anything this season. If you think him finishing ahead in goals and points is some accomplishment good for you. The truth is since Laine will not get any awards for doing that I can't see what's so special if that happens. In the end Matthews winning the Calder over Laine is one thing, Laine finishing ahead of Matthews in goals and points means nothing.

Finn16

Feb 15, 2018
No it's not. Pate has always been better than Matty if he isn't forced to play with Little. That's the fact.

Matthews is, always has been and always will be better than Laine. That isn't a slight against Laine it's just a fact. Also Laine is below average at best 5v5 and that's why he doesn't play on the top line don't act like it's some conspiracy not to mention Laine not playing on the 1st line means lesser line mates but also means easier match ups for him while schief/wheeler line take the hardest.

Another thing that's funny is your basically saying that laine is only better than Matthews when he gets to play with Scheifele and Wheeler two players that are both better than Laine. Image how many points Matthews would have with two talents like Schief/Wheeler on is line.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Matthews is, always has been and always will be better than Laine. That isn't a slight against Laine it's just a fact. Also Laine is below average at best 5v5 and that's why he doesn't play on the top line don't act like it's some conspiracy not to mention Laine not playing on the 1st line means lesser line mates but also means easier match ups for him while schief/wheeler line take the hardest.

Another thing that's funny is your basically saying that laine is only better than Matthews when he gets to play with Scheifele and Wheeler two players that are both better than Laine. Image how many points Matthews would have with two talents like Schief/Wheeler on is line.
Bolded is actually an opinion.

Laine is not below average at 5v5. He's just not as good at it as he is on the PP.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Little does he realize that he inadvertently admits that Laine is unable to produce with lesser linemates.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Pissing match about Matthews vs. Laine, again and again. Who cares? They're both really good. Matthews is a tad better, is all.

Back to the topic of the thread........can the Jets ever win a playoff round? Can the Leafs?

Watch them BOTH get ousted in 4.

;)

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

OK it's already been pointed out to you that the Leafs have done well against the Bruins. TBH I don't think that means much when the playoffs start but still, I don't see how the Leafs are "not likely to win". I see that series as roughly even, could easily go either way.

I also don't see how WPG is "likely to crush" either of those teams, sound like a homer opinion to me. That said, I do think they should be favourites against either team, not big favourites but favourites nevertheless.

So bottom line, WPG seems to be the logical choice. It's close though.

Johno

Oct 30, 2013
OK it's already been pointed out to you that the Leafs have done well against the Bruins. TBH I don't think that means much when the playoffs start but still, I don't see how the Leafs are "not likely to win". I see that series as roughly even, could easily go either way.

I also don't see how WPG is "likely to crush" either of those teams, sound like a homer opinion to me. That said, I do think they should be favourites against either team, not big favourites but favourites nevertheless.

So bottom line, WPG seems to be the logical choice. It's close though.

Perhaps a bad word choice. Bottom line, imo Bruins will end up on top by a small margin.

I'm a Dallas fan so not really homerism on that front.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Perhaps a bad word choice. Bottom line, imo Bruins will end up on top by a small margin.

I'm a Dallas fan so not really homerism on that front.

Small margin - so like I said, could go either way. :D

Ah a Dallas fan, sorry my mistake. So many homers here, easy mistake to make is my excuse I guess.

Johno

Oct 30, 2013
Small margin - so like I said, could go either way. :D

Ah a Dallas fan, sorry my mistake. So many homers here, easy mistake to make is my excuse I guess.

Oh for sure. Leafs could take a series vs. Bruins in 6 games and I wouldn't be too surprised. But in the convo I'm still towards the likelyhood that Jets win more PO games :D

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Oh for sure. Leafs could take a series vs. Bruins in 6 games and I wouldn't be too surprised. But in the convo I'm still towards the likelyhood that Jets win more PO games :D

Well, we agree on all points then. I guess that means our discussion won't degenerate into hurling dumb insults at each other, how boring. :laugh:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Unless the Leafs and Jets both play in the Stanley Cup Final this year Laine will not have defeated Matthews for anything this season. If you think him finishing ahead in goals and points is some accomplishment good for you. The truth is since Laine will not get any awards for doing that I can't see what's so special if that happens. In the end Matthews winning the Calder over Laine is one thing, Laine finishing ahead of Matthews in goals and points means nothing.

Goals and points mean nothing?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Goals and points mean nothing?
They mean something. However in the long run what will Laine finishing ahead of Matthews in total goals mean in general? There is no award for that and it seems like it's a thing that Jets fans want to see happen, where as a Leafs fan it does not concern me.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
They mean something. However in the long run what will Laine finishing ahead of Matthews in total goals mean in general? There is no award for that and it seems like it's a thing that Jets fans want to see happen, where as a Leafs fan it does not concern me.

They mean nothing or they mean something. Pick a side, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->