Value of: More centers to Minnesota

Mavrik112

Aug 7, 2020
I think a lot of us would like Domi. We just wouldn't be too keen on paying 72 point price after a 44 point season (51 per 82) and when he wasn't exactly prominently featured at the center position in the playoffs.

Same kind of thing that we have to deal with talking about Dumba.

I would be open to a Domi for Dumba swap. Ideally, we would like a LHD but a RHD would also be welcomed. We can play Weber, Petry and Dumba ~20 minutes a game each and if one of Petry or Weber fall off a cliff, at least we have something to show for.

Again no matter how much you say it, really good players don't play on 4th line & that is a fact. Good players are able to overcome depth. If you don't think other teams will look at him playing on 4th line; & wonder what is going on; or why you are joking yourself.

Also he had a significant decrease in point from 70 something to like 40 something. You can scream it many times, but Domi isn't a Natural c

he’s on the 4th line because he missed all camp. He’s played top 6 C minutes for two straight years and top 6 W minutes for three more before that in Arizona. Let’s not act like 4 days playing on the 4th line after missing a whole training camp make him suddenly a bad player.

I like the idea of Danault in Minnesota. Would prefer to give up Dumba instead of Brodin, though.

Dumba come with some question marks. I would be open for a Domi for Dumba swap, two guys with some risks attached to them or a Danault for Brodin swap, the two guys with much less risks

Reactions: Benstheman

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That's fairly insulting to Ryan O'Reilly.
Only if you don't know what you're talking about. O'Reilly was traded at 27 years old as a 55-60 point 2way 2nd line center. Danault is currently 27 years old and is considered a 2way 2nd line center that has scored 53 points in each of the past 2 seasons. Bet you can't guess which player had more even strength points this season?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Haula can't play a lick of defense. Danault is a Selke level center. Danault and his career to this point are very similar to Ryan O'Reilly. Adding a guy like that would be a huge step for Minnesota. Haula would be similar to when they signed Matt Cullen.
O’Rielly played in the NHL in his d+1 and had 6 50+ point seasons by the time he was 27, including 3 60+ seasons. Danault didn’t break into the NHL full-time until his d+5 season and only has 1 50 point season. I think Danault is a really good player, but he’s kinda the exact player we hope Ek develops into.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Only if you don't know what you're talking about. O'Reilly was traded at 27 years old as a 55-60 point 2way 2nd line center. Danault is currently 27 years old and is considered a 2way 2nd line center that has scored 53 points in each of the past 2 seasons. Bet you can't guess which player had more even strength points this season?

Scary thing is didnt Danault have more ES points than Barkov, ROR and some other notable C's as well?

I'd be after him as well if FLA was to move Huberdeau

Reactions: Benstheman

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I would be open to a Domi for Dumba swap. Ideally, we would like a LHD but a RHD would also be welcomed. We can play Weber, Petry and Dumba ~20 minutes a game each and if one of Petry or Weber fall off a cliff, at least we have something to show for.

he’s on the 4th line because he missed all camp. He’s played top 6 C minutes for two straight years and top 6 W minutes for three more before that in Arizona. Let’s not act like 4 days playing on the 4th line after missing a whole training camp make him suddenly a bad player.

Dumba come with some question marks. I would be open for a Domi for Dumba swap, two guys with some risks attached to them or a Danault for Brodin swap, the two guys with much less risks

Domi for Dumba or Brodin isn't happening. Dumba still has 3 years left on contract.

As for Danault, its very much depends on the price

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
O’Rielly played in the NHL in his d+1 and had 6 50+ point seasons by the time he was 27, including 3 60+ seasons. Danault didn’t break into the NHL full-time until his d+5 season and only has 1 50 point season. I think Danault is a really good player, but he’s kinda the exact player we hope Ek develops into.
You need to do some actual research

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

Yop

Mavrik112

Aug 7, 2020
Domi for Dumba or Brodin isn't happening. Dumba still has 3 years left on contract.

As for Danault, its very much depends on the price

Dumba has two years left on his contract since Minny is officially done for the year.

Also, you know the price for Danault. It’s been very clear. There’s no other D on your team aside from Brodin that can fetch him

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Those were literally all facts
Yes, and none of your facts have anything to do with how a 27 year old O'Reilly compares to a 27 year old Danault. If the debate is who had the better career from 18-27 then it's no contest. If the debate is that Danault compares very closely to O'Reilly at the age of 27? I don't see much to refute it.

Here's a fact for you- Phillip Danault was 15th among all NHL centers in even strength points this season.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dumba has two years left on his contract since Minny is officially done for the year.

Also, you know the price for Danault. It’s been very clear. There’s no other D on your team aside from Brodin that can fetch him

The rumor was Guerin wouldn't trade Brodin for Trochek, so the chances of him trading Brodin for Danault are approximately 0.

Reactions: TheeNorthStar

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Yes, and none of your facts have anything to do with how a 27 year old O'Reilly compares to a 27 year old Danault. If the debate is who had the better career from 18-27 then it's no contest. If the debate is that Danault compares very closely to O'Reilly at the age of 27? I don't see much to refute it.
Your argument was that Danault and O’Reilly have similar careers to this point. I simply said they don’t.

Mavrik112

Aug 7, 2020
The rumor was Guerin wouldn't trade Brodin for Trochek, so the chances of him trading Brodin for Danault are approximately 0.

I’m just saying what it would take to get Bergevin to move Danault

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
The wild could also very much make this argument that certain players would have had statistically better numbers if they played with better teammates; or lines. This argument is effectively rendered useless; & one can't use this ad an excuse.

Of course they can. Linemates is a commonly used factor in framing point production. Don't you think Namestnikov benefitted at all from playing with Stamkos? Or Corey Conacher? Jonathan Cheechoo with Thornton? Or even Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson together? Lines and linemates matter when it comes to production.

Max Domi was drafted as a C, had his most successful season as a C, and from his own mouth prefers playing C. What, in your mind, makes him a winger?

2 or 3 seasons doesn't make it fact that Domi is a true 1 or even 2c. Just because he reported to camp late, doesn't mean anything.
.a talented, really good player would still be able to beat his competitors

I never mentioned reporting to camp late, but just as with linemates, I am confused by your dismissal of another important factor in gauging a player's effectiveness: training. For example after two 60-point seasons, William Nylander missed training camp over a contract dispute and put up a 40-point pro-rated season. Did he suddenly stop being a top 6 player? No. After attending this year's training camp, he was once again successful. Missing camp has an effect on players, and that is undeniable.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Your argument was that Danault and O’Reilly have similar careers to this point. I simply said they don’t.
No, I said that Danault compares really well to the player that O'Reilly was when he was traded.

Went back and re-read it. Should've done a better job of making my point

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Scary thing is didnt Danault have more ES points than Barkov, ROR and some other notable C's as well?

I'd be after him as well if FLA was to move Huberdeau

Montreal would likely gladly trade Danault (+) for Huberdeau.

Danault has as many ES points, or more than

Zibanejaid
Pettersson
Nylander
O'Reilly
Barkov
Kuznetsov
Gaudreau
Tavares

And I'm sure others, but page 1 ends.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
No, I said that Danault compares really well to the player that O'Reilly was when he was traded.

Went back and re-read it. Should've done a better job of making my point
I get what you meant. I have no issue acquiring him. I agree he’d be a good add for MN and his Even Strength numbers are indicative of a player who may have more to give. I just don’t expect him to be the next O’rielly. Danault has been at about a .65ppg pace the last 2 seasons which is the lower end of any O’Reilly seasons. I still think he’s a great add if he can give us 60 points, though.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I get what you meant. I have no issue acquiring him. I agree he’d be a good add for MN and his Even Strength numbers are indicative of a player who may have more to give. I just don’t expect him to be the next O’rielly. Danault has been at about a .65ppg pace the last 2 seasons which is the lower end of any O’Reilly seasons. I still think he’s a great add if he can give us 60 points, though.
This reads a lot like what was said about O'Reilly when Wild fans were shitting on the idea of trading for him.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This reads a lot like what was said about O'Reilly when Wild fans were shitting on the idea of trading for him.

O'Reilly wasn't traded for a top four defenseman. If they want an equivalent O'Reilly package we can talk.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
O'Reilly wasn't traded for a top four defenseman. If they want an equivalent O'Reilly package we can talk.
And if Minnesota could go back and trade Brodin for O'Reilly? They would do it in a f***ing second.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Any interest in Jeff Carter? Lets get this out of the way now
. He never once said he would retire if traded
He falls into the category of "if teams want to get rid of cap". I would hope that Guerin can do better than Carter, but he did just play a playoff series with Alex Galchenyuk as his 2C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad