Value of: More centers to Minnesota

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
O'Reilly wasn't traded for a top four defenseman. If they want an equivalent O'Reilly package we can talk.

But he probably should've been. You can't count on every team undervaluing their players.

That said, I want Brodin to play the next 9 years here, so I can't say I'm on board with it.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
This reads a lot like what was said about O'Reilly when Wild fans were shitting on the idea of trading for him.
Maybe so, and just like with the O’Reilly trade, I have no problem with acquiring him, I just am not holding my breath that he’s able to solve our Center problems like O’Reilly did for STL, and if we’re trading Brodin, the deal really needs to.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And if Minnesota could go back and trade Brodin for O'Reilly? They would do it in a f***ing second.

And now you're crossing into "thinking Danault will turn into O'Reilly" territory

Reactions: TheeNorthStar

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
And now you're crossing into "thinking Danault will turn into O'Reilly" territory
Not sure where you get that? I'm just trying to show you how incredibly dumb it was to compare Danault to Haula. The player that Danault was this year is still far and away the best center on the Wild roster.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Haula is the best option that requires no outgoing assets, which has its own benefits, but he is a flawed player.

And I'm guessing that there is no way that he signs here this offseason without ED protection, which would cost us Eriksson Ek or a defenseman. He's been down that road before.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Montreal would likely gladly trade Danault (+) for Huberdeau.

Danault has as many ES points, or more than

Zibanejaid
Pettersson
Nylander
O'Reilly
Barkov
Kuznetsov
Gaudreau
Tavares

And I'm sure others, but page 1 ends.

That plus is gonna have to be someone like Kotka or Romanov or something to get Hubs

Reactions: Benstheman

Mavrik112

Aug 7, 2020
That plus is gonna have to be someone like Kotka or Romanov or something to get Hubs

I doubt Montreal would trade an elite 2C and one of two of their best prospect who also respectively play C and D for a winger. No disrespect to Huberdeau.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Montreal would likely gladly trade Danault (+) for Huberdeau.

Danault has as many ES points, or more than

Zibanejaid
Pettersson
Nylander
O'Reilly
Barkov
Kuznetsov
Gaudreau
Tavares

And I'm sure others, but page 1 ends.
Comparing even strength points from a player who doesnt get barely any PP time is like crediting skaters with a shutout.

Danualt should not even be compared to anyone on the last. Not even in the same sentence even. With all due respect.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The rumor was Guerin wouldn't trade Brodin for Trochek, so the chances of him trading Brodin for Danault are approximately 0.
Hasn’t Danault been a better player than Trocheck the last season and this season , and is right now?

Last edited:

Mavrik112

Aug 7, 2020
In what world is Danault an elite 2C?

Well, let’s see.

- He’s top 30 (C) in even strength points
- Top 15 in FO win % (200+ FO)
- top 10 in xGF%
- Top 10 Corsi
- Top 5 xGA%
- Top 10 expected comp against %
- Top 10 PK time
- Top 5 in turn over created
- Top 10 puck battles won %

He’s basically dominating every single category/stats other than total points but I guess that’s all that matters to you, isn’t it?

**He was ranked 32nd among points producers for Centers this year as well

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Comparing even strength points from a player who doesnt get barely any PP time is like crediting skaters with a shutout.

Danualt should not even be compared to anyone on the last. Not even in the same sentence even. With all due respect.

I'm not saying he's better, or or comparable offensively, but it's more of a positive notch to him that he can "create" as much 5 on 5 as those players do. A sort of, he's might do better than I even think.

On a random note, Elias Pettersson is f***img horrendous on faceoffs, or maybe it's just this season

For Minnesota there's definitely a number 2 centre they can acquire and easily have the assets for it.

As a Montreal fan, I would be interested in a smaller pick trade for Foligno, or Hartman, but Montreal's centers are either worth more and neither seems to be worth enough as the centre of the deal, or Montreal's centres are worth less than either and aren't enough to be the centre of the deal.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What do the Rangers need?
picks are best/preferred trade currency.
don't want to add guys that need exp drft protection,
and want to move Strome and Buch to give mins to Kakko, Kravtsov, Chytil, Lemieux, Gauthier.

Would listen with open mind if you want some variation including vets in a package,
but
ideal return is picks/exempt prospects

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Nylander is a natural center who is playing wing. As soon as toronto put tavares on line 1 and had nylander at 2 c the leafs started to surge. I truly believe he has the potential to be a 1c in a year or two and he has already become better defensively and goes to all the dirty areas for goals. He's a great player and would replace tavares as he declines but the leafs need cap relief and defense. Would Minnesota be interested ?

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
So this may sound crazy, but what about something involving Brodin for malkin?

Obviously malkin isn't a long term solution, but he has afew good years left, and he could mesh with KK very well.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Nylander is a natural center who is playing wing. As soon as toronto put tavares on line 1 and had nylander at 2 c the leafs started to surge. I truly believe he has the potential to be a 1c in a year or two and he has already become better defensively and goes to all the dirty areas for goals. He's a great player and would replace tavares as he declines but the leafs need cap relief and defense. Would Minnesota be interested ?

Nylander isn't a c point blank. He's a winger, & Minnesota isn't trading for a player to experiment using them at c

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad