Value of: More centers to Minnesota

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Making the playoffs isn't really the problem. The putrid goaltending this year did make it harder, but that's a relatively fixable problem that doesn't require moving this year's 1st.

I do think the 1st would be on the table for the right center, even if Minnesota wins the lottery this evening. But whether they're at #1 or #9 I can't see that pick being moved for Domi. Right now I struggle to see one of the defensemen being moved for him either, but if it ended up being the best option available... not impossible, I guess.
The lottery must be even bigger than I thought if it can summon you from the darkness.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I think what you get is Pittsburgh 2021 since they aren't making the playoffs.
They have the option to choose which one we get after the lottery. My gut is that they defer, and I wouldn’t be mad, but the fact that they said they’d decide after the lottery makes me think they might be giving it to us if they don’t win, because they know the 2 spots there going to be picking. If you’re going to keep it regardless, why not just say that. Plus, we’ve seen unprotected picks bite people in the butt lately. Maybe they don’t take the risk.

Reactions: Benstheman

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Making the playoffs isn't really the problem. The putrid goaltending this year did make it harder, but that's a relatively fixable problem that doesn't require moving this year's 1st.

I do think the 1st would be on the table for the right center, even if Minnesota wins the lottery this evening. But whether they're at #1 or #9 I can't see that pick being moved for Domi. Right now I struggle to see one of the defensemen being moved for him either, but if it ended up being the best option available... not impossible, I guess.

Habs have a lot of draft picks (too many) stockpiled to add to a deal to tilt it if for example Domi-Brodin comes down to value. Could easily throw in a bunch of later round (2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.) to bring up offer.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Habs have a lot of draft picks (too many) stockpiled to add to a deal to tilt it if for example Domi-Brodin comes down to value. Could easily throw in a bunch of later round (2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.) to bring up offer.
It’s not that I think the value is off in a Domi-Brodin trade, it’s just I know how good Brodin is. I’d love nothing more than for him to play his whole career here. He’s so valuable to us.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
It’s not that I think the value is off in a Domi-Brodin trade, it’s just I know how good Brodin is. I’d love nothing more than for him to play his whole career here. He’s so valuable to us.

That's fair. People here view Danault the same which is why I would be quite surprised if he was available. That Tatar-Danault-Gallagher line is so stable, and importantly can match up against any team's top line. It would be an immediate step backwards to break them up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad