Online Series: Moon Knight on Disney+

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
From what I understand, he only agreed/signed for one season because he didn't want to get tied down into a role like he did with Star Wars especially if it was for something he didn't end up enjoying.

But IMO there's no way they put that post credit scene in, if they aren't extremely confident that Isaac will be back for the role and relatively soon.

I'd bet they(Marvel and Oscar) were probably waiting to see early reception of the series and then started negotiating a new deal for a season 2 during the series and if they decides not to run a 2nd season, they would have left the post credit scene out of it.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
From what I understand, he only agreed/signed for one season because he didn't want to get tied down into a role like he did with Star Wars especially if it was for something he didn't end up enjoying.

But IMO there's no way they put that post credit scene in, if they aren't extremely confident that Isaac will be back for the role and relatively soon.

I'd bet they(Marvel and Oscar) were probably waiting to see early reception of the series and then started negotiating a new deal for a season 2 during the series and if they decides not to run a 2nd season, they would have left the post credit scene out of it.
Part of the problem is that Isaac has lots of stuff going on --both on screen and stage

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I enjoyed this episode.

Loved the introduction of the Scarlet Scarab!

094833ccaeed94c0999ebd5b6c8685f76ab30c0f.gifv

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
This show tried to be too many different things all at once, and ended up doing none of them particularly well.

And the CGI suit was distracting every time. I get that putting on that suit would have likely been a time consuming PITA, but come on, it just looked bad in CGI. Especially when you contrast it to the Scarlet Scarab suit.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Better be a second season after they skipped over that fight at the end :laugh:

Bit of a mindf*** at the end, but the mid-credit scene was good. Felt that this episode was a bit rushed.

Overall I really enjoyed this series, despite it's fast paced. Could have benefitted from a couple of additional episodes to spread out the key content but then you run risk of bad filler episodes.

Found it a bit odd that Layla saw Lockley go nuts on Harrow, and afterwards Marc/Steven acknowledge they blacked out and didn't know who did that ... and there was no follow up conversation. Clearly a lead in to the second season. Still a bit strange

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Also:

Kanchu's deceptive cleverness towards the end when Steven made the deal to release him from Kanchu's control - Kanchu stated he agreed to "release you both" as in Steven/Marc .. but not Lockley.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Isaac and Hawke definitely elevated the material. I liked that the show tried some different things, even if they didn't all hit. Would still put it above WandaVision and Falcon.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Better be a second season after they skipped over that fight at the end :laugh:

Bit of a mindf*** at the end, but the mid-credit scene was good. Felt that this episode was a bit rushed.

Overall I really enjoyed this series, despite it's fast paced. Could have benefitted from a couple of additional episodes to spread out the key content but then you run risk of bad filler episodes.

Found it a bit odd that Layla saw Lockley go nuts on Harrow, and afterwards Marc/Steven acknowledge they blacked out and didn't know who did that ... and there was no follow up conversation. Clearly a lead in to the second season. Still a bit strange

Considering the Moon Knight costume itself changes from Marc (the classic costume with the cape) to Steven (the business suit style), you'd think Lockley would also have a different version of the Moon Knight costume... which is something I really wanted to see. Layla would have noticed the different Moon Knight costume as she has seen both, so a third version would be something she might mention.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Considering the Moon Knight costume itself changes from Marc (the classic costume with the cape) to Steven (the business suit style), you'd think Lockley would also have a different version of the Moon Knight costume... which is something I really wanted to see. Layla would have noticed the different Moon Knight costume as she has seen both, so a third version would be something she might mention.

I was disappointed we didn't see Lockley in full ass kicking mode with his suit as well, but the mid-credit scene gave me some satisfaction. Clearly the missing pieces of information are the lead into a second season. Marc/Steven awakening in the apartment at the end still chained to the bed, while acknowledging each other definitely shows they know the existence of a third personality that they need to figure out. They just skipped over that convo that Layla had with them.

Still a bit fuzzy on how Marc/Steven was able to balance the scales without any sort of reference or indication as to how Lockley would affect that .. :dunno:

Overall after knowing nothing about it heading in I really enjoyed the series with some help from those Screencrush videos.

Reactions: Guardian17

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Also:

Kanchu's deceptive cleverness towards the end when Steven made the deal to release him from Kanchu's control - Kanchu stated he agreed to "release you both" as in Steven/Marc .. but not Lockley.
I don't think Lockey wanted to be released.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I wrapped it up yesterday and enjoyed the series.

Steven is cool and mostly why I enjoy the show. I like his awkwardness, but it will be interesting to see how likable he is with his new found confidence.

Seems like that natural charming awkwardness would disappear once he starts believing in himself.

My only big complaint is how Layla was married to Mark, but he somehow kept his split personalities hidden from her… makes no sense to me.

Maybe I missed something in the dialogue, but I’m almost 100% sure she was shocked when she met Steven.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
My interpretation was that Marc was in control when he was with Layla and that Steven only resurfaced after his mother's death, but maybe that's just my head canon.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Oscar Isaac said there's not going to be second season (he's too busy to shoot one) but that Moon Knight would be back in in future Marvel projects. Likely in a movie or in a guest role in another series.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Oscar Isaac said there's not going to be second season (he's too busy to shoot one) but that Moon Knight would be back in in future Marvel projects. Likely in a movie or in a guest role in another series.
That's not really what he said...

He said there is CURRENTLY no plan for a second season but very much left it open to come back for a series and more.

"You know, I think we approached it as 'This is the story, and let's just put everything out on the table on this story'," said the Dune actor.

"There's definitely no official plans to continue it. I think it would depend on what the story is."

Isaac gave fans a glimmer of hope, though, as he said that he is still open to playing the role again because of his love for the character.

"I love being Steven," he shared. "I just love it. It's just like, physically, it's so much fun to be him. So, you know, if there was a story that really made sense, I'd be happy to be part of it."

Isaac's co-stars echoed his sentiments, with both Ethan Hawke and May Calamawy, who play Arthur Harrow and Layla El-Faouly respectively, noting that despite there being no plans for another season, they would also be open to reprising their roles.

Moon Knight cast on season 2 rumours: "I’d be happy to be part of it"​

Exclusive: The cast of Moon Knight are keen to return, but Oscar Isaac says there are no official plans for a follow-up.

Still, fans don’t need to despair just yet. Despite the lack of solid sequel plans, Isaac said he was definitely open to playing the role again, noting that he’d had a very positive experience making the six-part series.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I thought it was pretty bad. Not to the level of Iron Fist, which remains the worst of the Marvel shows I've seen, but not that far either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad