Online Series: Moon Knight on Disney+

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Been waiting for him to make an appearance in the MCU.

MOON KNIGHT
Struggling with multiple personalities and amoral inclinations, Marc Spector fights on against all odds as the cloaked avenger Moon Knight.

Reactions: Jack Straw

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I'm pumped, but at the same time worried about Disneyfying MK, he's not exactly kid friendly.
This is true, not sure what they will do about that...for example I really don't see Netflix's Punisher series being something that would be released on Disney+.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Nice. I was hoping for a Moon Knight something after they announced Blade. Like @PepperKeenan said, though, Moon Knight ain't for children. If they end up making the series like The Punisher or Daredevil, I don't think there will be an issue.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Oscar Isaac and Disney have been a garbage combo. Not Isaac’s fault either.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
My all time favorite character since I was a kid. So excited for this.

Don't really see Isaac as Spector in appearance only, but I am sure he can capture the personality. The fact that he is a big name has to be promising for the series.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The real question is who gets to be Frenchy.

I'd pick a Haitian or something.

This is old, like last September, so maybe it could change but the casting call for him and Marlene his love interest in the comics. The Frenchie casting says white dude unless it's not for Frenchie oui oui

The first part is for a, "20-40 (years old), White male. A stereotypical good looking, overly enthusiastic, less intelligent than average but still lovable. Actor must be fluent in French."
The site believes that's Jean-Paul DuChamp, a.k.a. "Frenchie." The description doesn't sound much like the vigilante's tech-savvy ally, but it could be he's undergoing some changes in the MCU.
The second role is described as, "20-35 (years old), all ethnicities, female. A manipulative operative in a secret organization, capable of going from cool and tough to warm and friendly in a heartbeat." There's a good chance that'll turn out to be Marlene Alraune, one of Marc Spector's love interests in the comics.
She often accompanies Moon Knight and "Frenchie" on their missions, though her being part of a secret organization would definitely be a new addition to the character for this shared universe.

MOON KNIGHT TV Series Looking To Add Jean-Paul "Frenchie" DuChamp And Love Interest Marlene Alraune

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Funny because there are many predominantly black countries that speak French as their primary language so it would be an easy way to bump up the diversity a bit.

On the other hand, between Rhodes and Wilson already, you don't want to start typecasting black characters as side-kicks.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Funny because there are many predominantly black countries that speak French as their primary language so it would be an easy way to bump up the diversity a bit.

On the other hand, between Rhodes and Wilson already, you don't want to start typecasting black characters as side-kicks.
Like the article says, in the comics Frenchie is tech saavy etc and the casting makes it sound like he is dumbed down so maybe it's not Frenchie or a changed version of him. I do agree that Western parts of Africa and Haiti are part of the Francophonie and he could easily be made to be of African decent.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They need this guy from Heroes:

FairGlaringAlaskanmalamute-small.gif

Jimmy Jean-Louis

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
that would leave quite a big chunk of empty time from early Feb when Book of Boba finishes to Moon Knight starting, and between Star Wars and Marvel which they don't seem to like crossing with releases they've got pretty much a full years worth of weekly releases they'd announced for 2022(unless they double up opening episodes like they did with Hawkeye)

Book of Boba 6 episodes(+1 this year)
Moon Knight 6 episodes
Kenobi 6 episodes (most likely a May 4th release especially since it falls on a Wednesday)
She Hulk 10 episodes
Ms Marvel 6 episodes
Andor 12 episodes
Secret Invasion 6 episodes

Just based on a May 4th expectation for Kenobi I don't think Moon Knight would be later then mid March

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
that would leave quite a big chunk of empty time from early Feb when Book of Boba finishes to Moon Knight starting, and between Star Wars and Marvel which they don't seem to like crossing with releases they've got pretty much a full years worth of weekly releases they'd announced for 2022(unless they double up opening episodes like they did with Hawkeye)

Book of Boba 6 episodes(+1 this year)
Moon Knight 6 episodes
Kenobi 6 episodes (most likely a May 4th release especially since it falls on a Wednesday)
She Hulk 10 episodes
Ms Marvel 6 episodes
Andor 12 episodes
Secret Invasion 6 episodes

Just based on a May 4th expectation for Kenobi I don't think Moon Knight would be later then mid March

Boba Fett is 9 episodes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad