Online Series: Moon Knight on Disney+

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
At the end of the day they call themselves gods and are not God. In the world of Marvel they are just species that are a lot older than humanity and as such, in most cases, much more powerful because of it.

I get that, but I think the Asgardians did the superpowered mortals theme better.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This is way, way, WAY too rushed.

They’re literally packing in his life story in five minutes.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The voice of the goddess Taweret is just hilarious to me.

From Jeremy Slater

Right from the very first week, Marvel provided us with a ton of reference material on Egyptology, and on ancient Egyptian gods and deities. One of those pieces of material was a laminated poster that had like a little kid, cartoon drawings of all the different gods — one of those gods was Taweret. I spent that entire first week of our writers’ room, just staring at that. Then finally, at some point, I couldn’t take any more. I interrupted whatever we were talking about and I was like, ‘Guys, we have something much more important, which is, how do I get this hippo into the show?’”

I was like, no, stop laughing. I’m very serious. We’re putting her in the show. I think that was the first moment everyone realized, oh, we have permission to get weird, here. We have permission to do some things you wouldn’t necessarily get to do if you weren’t working at a place like Marvel Studios… This gave me my weird swing. And most importantly, it got my favorite hippo into the show.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Tough to tell it in more detail with only 6 episodes.

Makes me wish it was a long series so they could unravel the complexities more
That was kinda my point. There needed to be more episodes.

I can’t even remember half of what was revealed because they went through everything so quickly.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
That was kinda my point. There needed to be more episodes.

I can’t even remember half of what was revealed because they went through everything so quickly.
It's sadly the life of a streaming show. Not many get more than 6 to 10 episodes. As someone who is 46 and grew up with regular tv as a kid in the 80s and 90s, I am much more use to the 20 to 24 episodes of sitcoms or dramas on TV.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
After the Netflix shows, all of which had way too much filler to pad out their seasons, I'm kind of glad they're reining in the episode orders a bit for the Disney+ ones.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's sadly the life of a streaming show. Not many get more than 6 to 10 episodes. As someone who is 46 and grew up with regular tv as a kid in the 80s and 90s, I am much more use to the 20 to 24 episodes of sitcoms or dramas on TV.
I'm also old enough to remember the 20+ episode seasons of StargÅte SG-1 and Supernatural which had plenty of filler episodes.

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Yeah 24 was too much and had a lot of filler. But 6 for this particular show is too fast. Though I actually wondered about 30 minutes in if they didn’t deliberately make it chaos to reflect what’s going on in his head.

I think a lot of the problem is everybody wants bigger name actors now, and those people aren’t willing to commit to filming 24 episodes a year.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah its hard to say... On the one hand, 6 episodes at ~45 minutes an episode is a hell of a lot better then one 2 hour movie. Moon Knight in particular feels like it probably could have benefited from say an 8 episode series instead of 6. But on the other hand I think anything more then 6 episodes and you start to run the risk of getting too much filler content. The Netflix Marvel shows are a good example of where even just a jump to 13 episodes and you start getting filler. Daredevil in particular was a phenomenal series for all 3 seasons, but each season had at least a couple episodes of straight filler that could have done without. Perhaps there's a perfect medium between 6 and 13.

That said, I actually hope Marvel starts using this formula a lot more moving forward. Introduce new superheroes with Disney+ series and then start incorporating them into the movies or even give them standalone movies after that. Even 6 episodes can give you over 4 hours of screen time which is a lot better then a 2.5 hour movie.

I cant help but wonder what Eternals would have been like if they had ran a Disney+ series instead and focused more on the backstory of each character for example. Not that Eternals was a complete flop of a movie(Though I guess relative to other MCU movies it was pretty bottom tier) but IMO it would have performed way better as a series with more background development.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Just got caught up.

Best episode of the season - that’s an Emmy reel performance if I’ve seen one.

Beyond the voice, even the mannerisms and posture are completely different, to the point where you are honestly in the position of forgetting that it’s the same actor.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Just got caught up.

Best episode of the season - that’s an Emmy reel performance if I’ve seen one.

Beyond the voice, even the mannerisms and posture are completely different, to the point where you are honestly in the position of forgetting that it’s the same actor.

Yep. Generally I really find it distracting when the same person shares a scene with themselves essentially, however the way this show does it and the way Oscar Isaac does it, it just works so well. Genuinely really does feel like 2 different actors while watching lmao

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Moon Knight could have been really different, supposedly the original idea was to have Echo as the love interest (who was instead moved to the Hawkeye show) and Bushman as the villain.

The way things played out makes more sense, while Moon Knight and Echo have a brief romance in the comics, so there is a connection, she is much more connected to Daredevil and Hawkeye.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
as of right now Isaac has said he was only interested in doing 1 season. He is a in demand actor and relatively young so we may have to wait 5 to 6 years for another series(unless Isaac changes his mind) But I could see a spin off with Layla or something

just spit balling here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad