Online Series: Moon Knight on Disney+

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not overly familiar with Moon Knight and haven't done the research but I'm all on board for anything starring Issac.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Looks good.

This was one of the first comics I purchased as a kid, so, I'm looking forward to this.

61rVtjcW6XL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Yep that is Moon Knight, while only a small sample we do see he has the multiple personalities, at least 2. This could be damn good.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
In fairness from that, his British accent seems much better than Benedict Cumberbatch's bad American accent, reverse Uno there.

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Watched last night but didn't react. Still only know the bare minimum about the character but this looks really good.

Probably going to be in the more grimdark vein of superhero stuff but the trailer shows promise that they'll do a good job with it.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Watched last night but didn't react. Still only know the bare minimum about the character but this looks really good.

Probably going to be in the more grimdark vein of superhero stuff but the trailer shows promise that they'll do a good job with it.
He kind of is the Batman of Marvel in many ways though with his mental disorder. He is supposed to be really rich and all that and live in New York so I guess we shall see if they have the in the show.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He kind of is the Batman of Marvel in many ways though with his mental disorder. He is supposed to be really rich and all that and live in New York so I guess we shall see if they have the in the show.

This is the problem with only dipping my toes in with comics as a kid. Missed out on a lot, feels like trying to get into it now would take too long, I could do online research but I try to enjoy live action adaptations fresh as often as possible.

From the little background I did read he seems like a cool character. But honestly all I need is "Oscar Issac to star in a series" and I'm on board. He's one of my favorite actors of this generation.

The trailer looks really good though. Point of all I typed above is it's tempting me hard to do a deep dive on the character but I'm going to try to wait.

Reactions: beowulf

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This is the problem with only dipping my toes in with comics as a kid. Missed out on a lot, feels like trying to get into it now would take too long, I could do online research but I try to enjoy live action adaptations fresh as often as possible.

From the little background I did read he seems like a cool character. But honestly all I need is "Oscar Issac to star in a series" and I'm on board. He's one of my favorite actors of this generation.

The trailer looks really good though. Point of all I typed above is it's tempting me hard to do a deep dive on the character but I'm going to try to wait.
Ya he is not the character I know the most about, I did read a decent number of books with him in them (Westcoast and Secret Avengers in particular more recently as I got back into buying some books as an adult) as a kid I guess dude has been around since 1975 and I really did my most comics buying in my pre-teens into my teens and maybe early 20s so from about 1987 to about 1997.

If you like Batman you will like him probably, especially with Isaac. He is an expert detective and fighter who uses various techno gadgets but he has the added bonus of having powers, most powerful at night, from the Egyptian moon god Khonshu I think he is called not sure of the spelling.

Reactions: HanSolo

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Why not just have the actors speak with their natural accents? Would people really have rioted in the streets if Marvel made Dr. Strange a pretentious Brit instead of a pretentious American? Same here. At least Tom Holland's American accent is actually pretty good (obviously Spider Man is the exception to this, can't be Spider Man if he's not in NYC).

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Why not just have the actors speak with their natural accents? Would people really have rioted in the streets if Marvel made Dr. Strange a pretentious Brit instead of a pretentious American? Same here. At least Tom Holland's American accent is actually pretty good (obviously Spider Man is the exception to this, can't be Spider Man if he's not in NYC).

"Yes indeed, 'tis I, the Spiderman. Thou must lay down thine purloined goods, or face my arachnid wrath, good sir!"

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Because you are could end up completely changing a character. What if a Brit was cast as Captain America or an american as captain Britain when that happens? Are they supposed to use their nature voice? You just got to hope the various actors are good or get better at the accent they need for a part. some are amazing, some not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00