Post-Game Talk: Montywall stymies Joisey!

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
we are now 3-0 when I see montreal play live lol
Head to the airport, tickets will be waiting for Ott & Boston
1705550029788.gif

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Ok what's going on? I was told by some very intelligent posters that the Habs would start to nose dive in the new year. ;)
If you think about it last season we hung around .500 until Monahan went down.
This season our young D is one year better our goaltending is better.
Even without Dach Slaf has taken on some of the role he played on that right wing and Monahan is still playing that important 2C role.
We should hang around this level until we move Monahan.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
If you think about it last season we hung around .500 until Monahan went down.
This season our young D is one year better our goaltending is better.
Even without Dach Slaf has taken on some of the role he played on that right wing and Monahan is still playing that important 2C role.
We should hang around this level until we move Monahan.
I agree with you 100%. My post was sheepishly aimed at the "Tankers". They kept saying "Don't worry, they'll start to lose regularly once we hit the halfway point". Now it seems the more players we lose to injury. The better the team plays.

If we stay at that level until the trade deadline. I'm afraid that half the Habs board will have to be on suicide watch lol

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I am probably one of the few who don’t want to trade Monahan…rather re-sign him.
He's definitely brought a lot of positives to the team. Especially helping out our younger players. I think we should trade him, though I won't be upset if we don't. The best case scenario is we trade him. Then if he wants to come back at a reasonable contract. That's fine by me.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I have a hard time understanding why so many posters here bash Harris. He’s a serviceable young player. He’ll never be a superstar but he’s often quietly steady I feel.
That's the thing, he's not flashy. He won't fight or throw the big hit. Steady is the perfect word to describe him.

Reactions: Runner77

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Ok what's going on? I was told by some very intelligent posters that the Habs would start to nose dive in the new year. ;)
We’ve sort of made a meme out of the word character since the Bergevin regime but I think that character mixed with solid goaltending are the two biggest things that are making this team competitive right now. They may not be a playoff team right now, but I’d rather the young guys experience something like this as opposed to what teams like Buffalo or Ottawa are going threw. We had two years of finishing bottom 5, at some point you have to take a step forward so you don’t create a losing culture. Even if it does suck badly that we could use a lottery pick.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
We’ve sort of made a meme out of the word character since the Bergevin regime but I think that character mixed with solid goaltending are the two biggest things that are making this team competitive right now. They may not be a playoff team right now, but I’d rather the young guys experience something like this as opposed to what teams like Buffalo or Ottawa are going threw. We had two years of finishing bottom 5, at some point you have to take a step forward so you don’t create a losing culture. Even if it does suck badly that we could use a lottery pick.

It's certainly a fine balance. But there are two glue guys I think who are pivotal for creating scoring depth and those guys are dach and Monahan.

With dach being gone pretty much the entire year, the Habs need Monahan to tie in any semblance of scoring depth, and he's either going to get injured or traded.

I still think a top 10 pick is the most likely scenario, and a free fall is not out of the question at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad