Post-Game Talk: Montywall stymies Joisey!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Monty's rebound control impressed me for the first time ever. Something on his he had to work on list.
He probably wants the second PP goal back he got caught looking the wrong way and didn't catch up to the play.
The first one was a perfect screen and NO Galley it wasn't Timo it was all Savard.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
the Devils are in big trouble if they don't address their goaltending issues very soon!!! And this is for long term as well cause they have a nice young team
Like the Leafs were under Dubas, and Canes presently, teams that are too analytics driven… won’t make the ancillary moves that Cup winners do - character players or pay for G

Monty's rebound control impressed me for the first time ever. Something on his he had to work on list.
He probably wants the second PP goal back he got caught looking the wrong way and didn't catch up to the play.
The first one was a perfect screen and NO Galley it wasn't Timo it was all Savard.
Waiver wire pickup no less..

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I understand those who always talk about a high draft pick after a win but I think we can find consolation in the fact that these wins are largely the product of our young core. I remember when we were in limbo between the playoffs and the basement and that team was pulled by an aging overpaid core with little to no interesting prospects in the system.

While Montreal drafting high gives them a better opportunity to draft someone who can be an offensive game breaker, we can't do it at the expense of the development of those who are there now. Slaf, Caufield, Suzuki, Guhle, Barron, Struble, Harris, Roy, RHP.

Those guys need to continue to develop, and it can't always be in a losing environment. Because then you risk becoming the Sabres, the Sens, or the Ducks, where you pick at the top of the draft practically every year, but your young players, as good as they are doing, they're stuck in a losing cycle.

For me, I don't believe Habs will make the playoffs. But if they end up picking anywhere between 7-12, I won't complain. Because that tells me they have progressed and are still in a spot where they can pick a real good player.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
The kids are all right.

I didn't watch the game, but listening to the radio, it sounded like Guhle played another solid game. After doing a great job against McDavid and Draisaitl and then against MacKinnon and Rantanen, Guhle is slowly starting to establish himself as a defenseman who will not let some of these superstars just do what they want out there.
Every time I see Guhle's name mentioned in the trade proposal thread, I cringe.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
All these tight games are good for the young core. You couldn't ask for a better type of development year imo.

Slaf becoming more and more complete in front of our eyes is really fun to watch. Happy Caufield got his mojo back too. Monty's contract might become a steal as soon as it starts next year.

Roy is the real deal, even before his goal I thought he was having a great game. If he continues to progress, Roy and Dach might make for a good duo next year. It's pretty exciting what this team might look like in 2 or 3 years.

I think that the San Jose loss really lit a fire under them, they've been playing with some dawg in them ever since hehe

LesHabitants

Oct 20, 2022
I missed the game due to performing in a battle of the bands tonight... but I'm very happy to get off stage and see slaf, Cole and f***ing Roy scored!!! I'm always excited for a win if the kids are killing it!!!

how did slaf and Roy look outside of their goals?
Did you win? I thought they both played really well.

Reactions: LesCanadiens

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
I missed the game due to performing in a battle of the bands tonight... but I'm very happy to get off stage and see slaf, Cole and f***ing Roy scored!!! I'm always excited for a win if the kids are killing it!!!

He almost got a second one. Give him an inch in the slot and he’ll bury it.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Did you win? I thought they both played really well.
we're definitely in the top 2.. but last band still playing so well see! and that's awesome to hear!

He almost got a second one. Give him an inch in the slot and he’ll bury it.
amazing! can't wait to watch the highlights!

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I understand those who always talk about a high draft pick after a win but I think we can find consolation in the fact that these wins are largely the product of our young core. I remember when we were in limbo between the playoffs and the basement and that team was pulled by an aging overpaid core with little to no interesting prospects in the system.
We are not in limbo as we speak? Between playoffs and basement?

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

The kids were alright. Slaf's confidence is showing and Roy looked more comfortable and led the team in shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad