Post-Game Talk: Montywall stymies Joisey!

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Marty on Roy.
"We are going to work with him"
Not ready to send him back just yet.

Like I said after his 2nd game, he needed a few games to adjust and get comfortable at the NHL level (and with his new teammates going by LaPresse article this morning).

I can see them waive Pezz once Pearson is ready for action, he played the least again, and keep Roy.

Devils journos are second guessing Lindy and he's not having it lmao

If you don't want him Lindy, can we have him?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
All 3 goals from our young players and backed by our emerging stud goalie. I'll take that.

But definitely a game to forgot from Suzuki. He was rock solid the last couple games but last night was rough.

Reactions: Runner77

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
You get the impression that MSL wants to keep Roy around and work with him similar to what they are doing with Slaf. I know it's a numbers game and they will get healthy bodies back soon though.
They just have to waive Pezz, and Pearson take his place on the 4th.

Reactions: Tyson

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There have been times when many here have questioned and criticized the coaching staff but you can see that they are working with these kids. Almost every game we play I hear the announcers and intermission hosts complimenting our young players for what they are doing at such a young age.

Roy looked completely different last night when compared to his first two games, just like a switch turned on. That kid has a very high IQ on the ice and I believe will be a goal scorer in this league. Slaf is now shooting the puck more than he did earlier in the season, Struble continues to be very steady out there and Monty has dragged himself from the waiver wire and is a legit number-one goalie.

All of these positive things have to be credited to the coaching staff and management group, they are fostering an environment that allows young players to make mistakes and learn from them as opposed to sitting in the press box or being relegated to the 4th line. It is so different to watch this unfold when you compare it to what we have seen in the past. The future is bright.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You must mean ...

fj3P0rg.gif
I can't believe the improvement with this kid. When he first played for us after the waiver wire pickup, he looked like a sieve, a deer caught in the headlights, an ECHL reject. Little did I know he just needed some confidence to put all his skills to work. I think his stint with Team Canada at the Worlds did wonders for his confidence. I wouldn't say he's an elite superstar goalie but he is definitely in the next tier.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
They have head room in their development to beat the good teams which is fun to watch.

When the kids play the best players they learn to elevate past where they’re at internally I think.

I remember reading an interesting comment on here about how hab pp probably sucks because they practice against a passive pk, same applies in all situations imo including 1v1s, etc

Habs had two nhl-looking lines (Suz, Money)+ A shutdown line (Evans), and an energy line with little ice… looked like hockey!

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
There have been times when many here have questioned and criticized the coaching staff but you can see that they are working with these kids. Almost every game we play I hear the announcers and intermission hosts complimenting our young players for what they are doing at such a young age.

Roy looked completely different last night when compared to his first two games, just like a switch turned on. That kid has a very high IQ on the ice and I believe will be a goal scorer in this league. Slaf is now shooting the puck more than he did earlier in the season, Struble continues to be very steady out there and Monty has dragged himself from the waiver wire and is a legit number-one goalie.

All of these positive things have to be credited to the coaching staff and management group, they are fostering an environment that allows young players to make mistakes and learn from them as opposed to sitting in the press box or being relegated to the 4th line. It is so different to watch this unfold when you compare it to what we have seen in the past. The future is bright.
Money, Roy and Armia have a similar pace too. I doubt Roy would look the same with Anderson outskating himself and Newhook flying around. Vets with their head up, something he can emulate.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I can't believe the improvement with this kid. When he first played for us after the waiver wire pickup, he looked like a sieve, a deer caught in the headlights, an ECHL reject. Little did I know he just needed some confidence to put all his skills to work. I think his stint with Team Canada at the Worlds did wonders for his confidence. I wouldn't say he's an elite superstar goalie but he is definitely in the next tier.
Don't ever bet against Mutombo. Past couple months he is top 5 in save %, with an inconsistent team in front of him and injuries.

I always said this about Joshua Roy, don't bet against Joshua Roy. don't get against hutson, now don't bet against Samuel Montembeault.

Reactions: Rapala and Shred

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
If they want to work with Roy, then they need to keep Moneyhands around. It's a waste to play him with Evans. Newhook needs a good C also when he gets back.

I don't get what the deal is with Money. First there were reports we wanted to keep him. Then they said they will trade him to the contender of his choosing. So, I guess we approached him with an extension and he declined?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If they want to work with Roy, then they need to keep Moneyhands around. It's a waste to play him with Evans. Newhook needs a good C also when he gets back.

I don't get what the deal is with Money. First there were reports we wanted to keep him. Then they said they will trade him to the contender of his choosing. So, I guess we approached him with an extension and he declined?
Who is “they”? Hughes never said he’s trading Monahan, only the “plan hasn’t changed” - HuGo have brilliantly never even divulged what exactly the “plan” is.

It was a reporter who stated Monahan had an agreement to be dealt to a contender of his choosing is he reupped

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Who is “they”? Hughes never said he’s trading Monahan, only the “plan hasn’t changed” - HuGo have brilliantly never even divulged what exactly the “plan” is.

It was a reporter who stated Monahan had an agreement to be dealt to a contender of his choosing is he reupped
The media.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Money, Roy and Armia have a similar pace too. I doubt Roy would look the same with Anderson outskating himself and Newhook flying around. Vets with their head up, something he can emulate.
Wow, I completely forgot about Josh Anderson. It's like we are better without him.

Sure looks like Holz may become available

@WeThreeKings mentioned Holtz in a reply to me yesterday and here you go, lets get him.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Devils fans wants the return of the "Fire Lindy" chants after his comments post game. I'm not sure they want to trade Holtz, but he doesn't really have a spot on their top 6 so...
He becomes potentially NJDs most valuable trade chip…

Reactions: morhilane

Shred

Nov 1, 2005

Difficult to believe Monahan didn’t have a more lucrative offer elsewhere. Probably wanted to sign here due to the environment and trust with Hughes and St Louis. If the agreement was to trade him to a contender, then he will be traded. If he wants to stay in Montreal or come back in the offseason, he will stay. Possible Monahan’s changed his plan as well since the rebuild is apparently accelerating.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

This is the main difference in relation to the Bergevin era, especially with Therrien at the helm. I remember commenting back then that Premier League in the UK had several coaches, like Arsène Wenger, who saw their job as reconciling short term results with long-term nurturing of young players. The polar opposite of the likes of Therrien. MSL seems to understand his work as a weighted sum of short-term performance and long-term incubation of young talent, especially potential game-breakers like Slaf and perhaps Roy. HuGo understand this as well, hence the resources allocated to the likes of Adam Nicholas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad