Montreal vs Toronto - Who will win first?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What an apples to oranges question.

You got Toronto who are going all in, and are considered a contender by most.

Then you got the habs punching well above their weight this year, but nobody has them labeled a contender, because they are not.

This question has some relevancy if they are in similar stages of their competitive cycle. That's not the case here.

It looks like the leafs will have a few years at this competitive stage. Montreal is a ship going in the right direction, but the destination is still far.

Or is this a subtle way of questioning whether the leafs will win a cup during this opening?

Last edited:

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
habs 2 best players are getting old lol... leafs best players are younger and the leafs 5th best forward would be habs best lol, leafs third line would be habs first line.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
A decade? The cap will hurt their chances in two years...

The Leafs window is right now...
Lol what thats the dumbest thing ive heard in a while they have their core in place all they need to do is fill out the rest of the roster with draft picks and free agents which when you are winning and are the bighest market in the nhl come cheaper than usual.

deepelemblues

May 25, 2016
Pittsburgh
Talk about who's window is open and who's is about to close seems to me most of the time to be opinions and wishes dressed up fancy like they're not opinions and wishes. It doesn't mean anything really. Take those opinions and wishes to Vegas and get rich if they're so certain

Toronto has the better chance to win a Cup first I think

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
With Tampa Bay as good as they are, it might be tough to escape the division at present. Not to mention that the Bruins and Sabres could be tough outs in the playoffs as well.

Maybe one breaks through one of these days... Who knows? That’s why they play the games.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'm not sure a top free agent will ever sign in Montreal and they don't tank enough to get top talent. I only think they are 2-3 good players away from being contenders Price and Weber are still legit though and you can add good players quickly via free agency and the draft. Their guys are the right age where as my Bruins key guys are a little too old to win 16 playoff games.

I don't see this Leafs core ever winning. They need an easy ride. If they get past us first round they will likely be dead men walking vs Tampa since everyone will act like they won the Cup. They might beef up the roster for a couple runs but the Matthews contract screwed them long term. If they were in the West like they are supposed to be they'd have a much better chance.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Smart money is on Toronto now. Things can change awfully quick though. Even a few years back, the smart money was on Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad