Post-Game Talk: Montreal & Toronto 9/24/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
TBH I don't know if we have to worry about losing any guys on waivers. Scherback maybe, but the other team is going to be in the same position as us. How many teams don't have their own young guy that Scherbak or McCarron or JDLR would be better than? ANother team takes them and they get in the same waiver position as us if they send him down.

And if a player can't make the habs, which everyone sees as a bottom 5 team, why would other teams think that they can make their line up?

Pretty much every team has these former late 1st rounders, heck MB got out and go Shinkurk for free and he will probably be sent down.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Scherbak under Bouchard would have been great. Too bad. Any of you sick f***s that think I meant that in another way should be disappointed with yourselves.

Reactions: HBDay

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Here is the measuring stick- Toronto will dress a lot of big boys next game, play Kotkaniemi head to head with the likes of Tavares, Matthews and Marleau and see how he plays

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Here is the measuring stick- Toronto will dress a lot of big boys next game, play Kotkaniemi head to head with the likes of Tavares, Matthews and Marleau and see how he plays

Marleau plays wing, Kotka would be going head to head with Tavares, Matthews and Kadri

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There no way he clears waivers. Either you trade him right now, or keep him and pray that he gets his act together. The latter has never worked out here.
It’s all on Scherbak...he had a spot and he did not seize it. I expected way more than what he has shown

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
Even if I still believe he can become a good 4rd liner, I wouldn't mind taking a chance to send down McCarron. However it would be a mistake to do it with Scherbak and JDLR. Scherbak show glimpse of what he could become from time to time and he seems to be a slow starter every season. However I really like how he goes to the net and give option to his centermen, that's how he score his goal last game if I'm not mistaken and he almost got one tonight on a play by Suzuki. I Believe Scherbak is the kind of winger that needs a creative center to be able to start shining.

As for JDLR, It would be a bad thing to lose him. Yes he's not the best offensive player but on a 3/4 line he can be very effective on the wing as he got speed, size, great lecture of the play as he often break opponent play, great forecheck and great PK. Of course if people expect JDLR to score 15 goals and 40 points, you won't like him. But I believe he could be a very effective player who could score 10g and 25-30 pts if given a chance on a 3rd line on the wing. And he won't hurt you even if he don't produce.

Reactions: yianik

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Matthews is soft as baby shit. Tavares is barely more physical. It's why I don't care about size that much, these guys are 10 times softer than Pacioretty but are franchise changing players.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Marleau plays wing, Kotka would be going head to head with Tavares, Matthews and Kadri
My point was that he needs to play against an NHL line up. I am sure he will be battling wingers and D of high caliber this Wednesday. I remember when Gallagher was 19 and the talk of camp. He was turning heads and then he played against a full Tampa Bay line up and they skated circles around him. He was cut soon after and sent back to the WHL. Let’s see how Kotkaniemi does against a Legitimate NHL roster.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Cuts should happen tomorrow morning, I expect to see Despres released from his PTO and Suzuki to be sent back to his junior team.

Other than that Bergy need to unload at least one of the 3 Stooges on D before the season start.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
My point was that he needs to play against an NHL line up. I am sure he will be battling wingers and D of high caliber this Wednesday. I remember when Gallagher was 19 and the talk of camp. He was turning heads and then he played against a full Tampa Bay line up and they skated circles around him. He was cut soon after and sent back to the WHL. Let’s see how Kotkaniemi does against a Legitimate NHL roster.

Gallagher was great his last year junior after that and was fantastic here his rookie year IMO. Given our team then I had Gallagher with the Calder.

Reactions: Tyson

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Cuts should happen tomorrow morning, I expect to see Despres released from his PTO and Suzuki to be sent back to his junior team.

Other than that Bergy need to unload at least one of the 3 Stooges on D before the season start.
Alzner, if it wasn't for his contract, would be the odd man out.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

I am surprised McCarron was not waived today. I don’t think Després showed enough.
Bergevin has to address the Bad 3- Schlemko, Alzner and Benn. You cannot be taken seriously as GM if this is the best D you can build. I am also not sure if it’s the best idea to play two rookies on D. It won’t help their confidence once they get embarrassed a few times

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Gallagher was great his last year junior after that and was fantastic here his rookie year IMO. Given our team then I had Gallagher with the Calder.
Exactly, being sent back to junior really made a big difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad