Post-Game Talk: Montreal & Toronto 9/24/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I usually agree with sending kids back, but Kotka needs to stay. I like our group of coaches this year he'll grow more at the NHL level IMO.
I can't believe I agree with Jeff O'Neil on this one.
Sure he'll need to get stronger but he's already stronger than so many centers we've played over the years.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
I'm now so confused about who's making our defense group this year. Moravcik, Despres, Ouellet and Juulsen have all stepped up
I predict send Juulsen back to Laval since we don't need to worry about waivers and trade Benn for anything

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Byron
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Hudon-Peca-Scherbak
DLR
McCarron

Problems:
1. Plekanec should not have been signed. Another mistake by Bergevin. I guess nobody could predict that Kotkaniemi would be so good so fast. Still, Plekanec has been done for three years now.
2. Too many wingers on this team. When Shaw comes back, this will be a problem.
3. Too many similar small forwards. Aside from the Finn's line, we need size. Thank god for Poehling next year. He looks like he will be a good one.
4. The defense sucks.

Reactions: Redux91

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
@Jee told me there were a couple negative posts in the GDT towards Armia, why's that?

I watched the game with the corner of my eye but from what I've seen it's been his best game, he was involved and created chances. I wouldn't put him on the top 2 lines but he wasn't bad.
Completely agree, Armia reminds me a of winger version of Lars Eller. both have some nice hands and protect the puck very well, Armia will help our puck possession thats for sure, but I agree with you, ideally on a third line, not top 6.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Like WS posted he keeps missing his chances... We have enough like that already?

Of course we don't have any spot for him right now but he could very be the first call-up this season, he's pretty intense on the ice and he doesn't lose many 1on1 battle.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Byron
Hudon-Peca-Scherbak
DLR
McCarron

Problems:
1. Plekanec should not have been signed. Another mistake by Bergevin. I guess nobody could predict that Kotkaniemi would be so good so fast. Still, Plekanec has been done for three years now.
3. Too many similar small forwards. Aside from the Finn's line, we need size. Thank god for Poehling next year. He looks like he will be a good one.
4. The defense sucks.
Where’s hudon?
Where Shaw play when he’s back?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Valiev made a huge mistake at the end but overall he looks pretty decent, I like him better than Been and Alzner... I think Benn is the most probable vet to be cut and waived, then you buy out Alzner next year...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Byron
Hudon-Peca-Scherbak
DLR
McCarron

Problems:
4. The defense sucks.

Yeah Bergevin isn't strong with the addition by subtraction phenomena.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Byron
Hudon-Peca-Scherbak
DLR
McCarron

Problems:
4. The defense sucks.

In what world has Scherbak earned a spot? He’s been absolute trash.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Valiev made a huge mistake at the end but overall he looks pretty decent, I like him better than Been and Alzner... I think Benn is the most probable vet to be cut and waived, then you boy out Alzner next year...

Playing his wrong side which may be why Moravcik may get the nod over him.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
In what world has Scherbak earned a spot? He’s been absolute trash.

He may not have earned it, but I think he's playing like he has a spot already locked up, and truthfully, his spot was probably never in doubt.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I liked Suzuki, look forward to seeing where his game is at in a year from now. He looks quicker then when I last saw him a year ago.

I feel sorry that people had to pay to watch an AHL game though.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

cujo1117

Mar 30, 2018
He may not have earned it, but I think he's playing like he has a spot already locked up, and truthfully, his spot was probably never in doubt.

what? the guy only played 26 games last year and its not like he set the world on fire either

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Byron
Hudon-Peca-Scherbak
DLR
McCarron

Problems:
4. The defense sucks.
Our 4th line is a disaster... Hudon + Scherbak cannot play on a 4th line that should be shutting teams down and playing physical...

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Byron
Hudon-Peca-Scherbak
DLR
McCarron

Problems:
4. The defense sucks.
Kotkaniemi on a 3rd? Ugh.. why? Why not give him the best wingers since he is the best center.

Drouin-Kotka-Gally

1st line center in Montreal or Finland or 1st line center in Laval.

No 3rd line for him.. none.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
what? the guy only played 26 games last year and its not like he set the world on fire either

Its not about what he's done. It's about where he's at in his career. I think he needs to go through waivers to be sent down, and he's gone for sure in that case.

It's time for him to show what he's got, and being a 1st rounder, he will get that opportunity.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
We have a lot of youngish guys that are fun to watch, they aren't all superstars but a lot of them seem like they have some NHL talent. Liked a lot of guys this camp and the games were all fun so its going to be sad seeing some of these guys not get their shot at the NHL.

But its much better than what we saw last year with how unispired the habs looked from game 1 of the pre season.

Next 2 games will be pretty much NHL line ups so reality's probably going to come crashing down against Matthews/Marner/JT. Still this pre season made the future look a little brighter.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Its not about what he's done. It's about where he's at in his career. I think he needs to go through waivers to be sent down, and he's gone for sure in that case.

It's time for him to show what he's got, and being a 1st rounder, he will get that opportunity.
I don’t think he’s waiver eligible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad