Post-Game Talk: Montreal & Toronto 9/24/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Unless all 30 other teams pass on him, no.
No obviously we would never waive him, he would be snatched up in two seconds.
I guess we have to play him, I say give him the 2nd RW spot and PP time and keep him there till it works. No 3rd or 4th line for him, it’s top 6 right now or trade, it’s the perfect season to put the pressure on him.

Drouin-Domi-Gally
Tatar-Danault-Sherby

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No obviously we would never waive him, he would be snatched up in two seconds.
I guess we have to play him, I say give him the 2nd RW spot and PP time and keep him there till it works. No 3rd or 4th line for him, it’s top 6 right now or trade, it’s the perfect season to put the pressure on him.
There is absolutely no way he should be in the top 6. Even the top 9 tbh. We have other young players to grow too, and I wouldnt want to demote them just to give Scherbak a chance when he hasn't shown anything worthwhile in preseason.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
There is absolutely no way he should be in the top 6. Even the top 9 tbh. We have other young players to grow too, and I wouldnt want to demote them just to give Scherbak a chance when he hasn't shown anything worthwhile in preseason.
He’s not a bottom 6 guy.. that’s the problem.. he would have needed a year with Bouchard.. he’s a high skill player who needs to be molded into a great 2nd line RW, anything short of that is a failure.

Reactions: DAChampion

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Despres has been fine for a two way deal maybe. That's if he's willing to go to the AHL.

Scherbak has sucked. Hopefully once the season gets going and he gets better linemates more consistently he'll be better.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I am surprised McCarron was not waived today. I don’t think Després showed enough.
Bergevin has to address the Bad 3- Schlemko, Alzner and Benn. You cannot be taken seriously as GM if this is the best D you can build. I am also not sure if it’s the best idea to play two rookies on D. It won’t help their confidence once they get embarrassed a few times

Alzner stays no choice just hope for improvement. I'd have him sit games but that damnable iron man run he's on and OH All that Money.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

beh3moth

May 27, 2010
Every team has a guy (or two, or three...) like Scherbak. I wouldn't sweat losing him.

Reactions: Zorba

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I think Kotkaniemi should get a serious shot but ultimately we don't have space for him. Too many bodies that we can't send down and who won't go for enough in a trade to make it worthwhile. The whole team is basically middle 6 players, it's hard to pick who should stay.
Gotta keep the best players though and kotkaniemi so far has earned a spot
It’s no guarantee that other teams will pick up McCarron Or DLR, if they do get claimed they would have to stay on the NHL roster
I’m sure every team has decisions to make
I’d keep kontaniemi. He’s the best true centre on our roster

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Every team has a guy (or two, or three...) like Scherbak. I wouldn't sweat losing him.

There is "losing him" (as in he is not a Habs anymore but something is coming back our way) and "losing him" for nothing either by waiving him or trading him for Dwight King 2.0.

The organization had a hand to play in his underwhelming development, spending most of his pro career under LeZero, being used as a center in the AHL and being confined to minor roles at the NHL level didn't help him at all. He could very much be the next Ghetto/Pateryn (nothing fancy here, but both are roster players traded away for garbage.), we can't keep trading assets away when their values is at its lowest point.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The pre-season gives this lifelong fan great hope for the future. The attitude changes came with the addition of so many passionate talented young players by trades(Suzuki, Tatar, Armia, Shinkaruk, *Domi*) and the arrival of J.Kotkaneimi, M.Peca, X.Ouellet, etc. Such an influx of new talent is just what the Habs & Fans needed, it may take a couple of yrs. for these players to reach the elite level. Having the desire alongside talent & skating, will certainly be entertaining and worth the wait, IMHO!!!...:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::wave::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Reactions: HKbleu

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It’s all on Scherbak...he had a spot and he did not seize it. I expected way more than what he has shown

14 forwards, with Shaw and Deslauriers on IR

Assuming Kotakniemi goes back to Finland

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Armia
Hudon-DLR-Lehkonen
Byron-Plekanec-Scherbak
Peca, Chaput

Waived: McCarron

Cut: Ward

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Armia
Hudon-DLR-Lehkonen
Byron-Plekanec-Scherbak
Peca, Chaput

DLR ahead of Peca? Did you watch the preseason games?

The way Kotka is playing they will at least keep him around for 9 games IMO.

Chaput waived, DLR and Scherbak as your 13th and 14th forwards.

That's what's going to happen IMO.

On D they'll keep Petry, Reilly, Mete, Juulsen, Alzner, Schlemko and Benn everybody else will get cut.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
DLR ahead of Peca? Did you watch the preseason games?

The way Kotka is playing they will at least keep him around for 9 games IMO.

Chaput waived, DLR and Scherbak as your 13th and 14th forwards.

That's what's going to happen IMO.

On D they'll keep Petry, Reilly, Mete, Juulsen, Alzner, Schlemko and Benn everybody else will get cut.

Yes, I watched the games. Peca loses the puck and is not particularly strong in his own end. For a bottom-6er, that's a problem.

I agree if Kotka starts the season, Chaput is waived.

DLR has 2 points in three games, could have had more points even, and has been very good at both ends of the ice. Kills penalties too. One of the few forwards with size. Has to be in the lineup if he can get 18-20 points.

On D Ouellet may make it over Benn.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Armia
Hudon-DLR-Lehkonen
Byron-Plekanec-Scherbak
Peca, Chaput

I agree, but I think Peca earned himself the 3rd line C spot at this point. The battle is between Plekanec, McCarron, DLR and Froese for the 4th line position imo.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I agree, but I think Peca earned himself the 3rd line C spot at this point. The battle is between Plekanec, McCarron, DLR and Froese for the 4th line position imo.

If there's a player that as a real shit camp is Froese. He's already out of this discussion.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yes, I watched the games. Peca loses the puck and is not particularly strong in his own end. For a bottom-6er, that's a problem.

I agree if Kotka starts the season, Chaput is waived.

DLR has 2 points in three games, could have had more points even, and has been very good at both ends of the ice. Kills penalties too. One of the few forwards with size. Has to be in the lineup if he can get 18-20 points.

On D Ouellet may make it over Benn.
Well Peca has 4 points in 3 games...

And I mean DLR is not even playing at center! It's pretty clear Peca is ahead of him.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Kotkaniemi on a 3rd? Ugh.. why? Why not give him the best wingers since he is the best center.

Drouin-Kotka-Gally

1st line center in Montreal or Finland or 1st line center in Laval.

No 3rd line for him.. none.

Agreed, but the first line for Kotkaniemi is inviting the media circus at this point, give him the 2nd line and 15 minutes, some PP duty, permanently!

Tatar-Domi-Gallagher
Drouin-Kotkaniemi - Lekhonen
Byron-Danault-Plekanec (Shutdown, we need to use Plekanec on the wing at this point imo)
Hudon -Peca - Armia
DLR - Sherbak (will play against bigger teams or grinding losers)
When Shaw comes back, make it about Plekanec vs. Shaw.

And BTW. we don't need a freaking "4th line to play physical" because it's not 1981.

Last edited:
Reactions: Help
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad