Pre-Game Talk: @ Montreal, Sat 7pm ->>> 4 POINT GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Am I the only one that is fine going to ot? I want nothing to do with the Bruins. Keep the habs ahead of them .
hopefully play them 1st round.

This isn't a "watch what you wish for" this is strictly not wanting to deal with Boston and sending them through the other division.

I am only concerned with us. I don't really care who we face. Whoever we face, we face. I'd rather have home ice, so 2 points for us and 0 for them would be best outcome for me.

Reactions: ACC1224

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Dear Leafs:

I would like to request that you administer the NHL equivalent of a "Nut punch" to the Habs.

Thank you
Liferleafer

Based on various plays I've witnessed over the years, I'm pretty the NHL equivalent of a nut punch is just a regular old nut punch.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Emotional win for the Habs last night lets see if they can carry that over.

I believe that the Leafs will give them a smackdown and bring this overachieving team back to earth.

Leafs 5-2

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Until we see Kapanen pick off a cross ice pass on the PK and wheel down main street like a rocket. I think we have plenty of speed to burn..... Willy is ready to pop. Matthews line (though he scored) must be itching to find their game.

We shouldn't be the the group that's worried... well maybe , because of consistency. But how can you lay an egg in Montreal, on Saturday night, when we are only 1 pt up on these guys

This group can easily be the ones to pull that off. Why they are so disinterested some games must be a mystery to Babcock.

Matthews4Calder

Nov 27, 2016
BC Western Canada
Just goes to show you what a mediocre team with good coaching and a system can do.
I didn't have the Habs even making the playoffs still might not but I'll give them credit they battle most nights.
Leafs better come out ready to play which has not been the case a lot this season.
If they don't Andersen is going to be shell shocked.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I hate to say it, but Carey Price scares the crap out of me in a playoff series. We are a better team from top to bottom, but not in goal.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
This group can easily be the ones to pull that off. Why they are so disinterested some games must be a mystery to Babcock.

It’s not so much disinterested as it is they don’t have many players that want to play hard tough on the puck hockey. What magnifies it is some of the highly skilled players are guilty of this and thus are easily checked.
This is a big test for a lot of guys. If they don’t do it tomorrow, I doubt they ever will.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Am I the only one that is fine going to ot? I want nothing to do with the Bruins. Keep the habs ahead of them .
hopefully play them 1st round.

This isn't a "watch what you wish for" this is strictly not wanting to deal with Boston and sending them through the other division.

Why do we need to be scared of the Bruins, if we are the serious contenders that we think we are, then we can beat the Bruins. I just don't get the idea of why some people are so frightened of them. Forget the playoffs of 2014 (that was a whole different team outside of a few coached by Carlyle), since then we met them once last year and were so close to beating them (leading 4-3 going into the 3rd of game 7). Since then we've replaced JVR and Bozy with JT and AJ, Reilly and Marner are on different levels while the Bruins have only declined (do you think they'll still get 112 or more this season).

If we play the Habs and if we beat them, of course we'll then face Tampa but those Bruins fans will always keep chirping that the only reason we made the second round is cause we didn't have to face them. So I'd rather face and beat the Bruins and shut them and their fans up once and for all, that is the second best thing I would like, first is winning the Cup but winning the Cup and eliminating the Bruins is the best we Leaf fans could ask for.

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I just love that there’s a four pointer against the Habs on a cold blustery Saturday night in February. This is how it should be.

Yup. Toronto and Montreal both relevant in February, how long has it been? Hats off to Montreal, they're the biggest surprise of the years for me, I thought they'd miss the playoffs for sure. They beat the crap out of WPG too, very impressive. A 1st round match-up with these guys is starting to look like a very real possibility, very cool!
You guys know where it's at! As a Habs fan, Toronto gets to play the villain, but there are very few villains I'd rather watch against my team. My wife and I have the restaurant and our pregame prayers set. This is the Grade-A entertainment I live for as a hockey fan. Cheers!

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
The most important thing about this game is that I'm going!!!

Making the pilgrimage from Burlington with the family. We'll be decked out in our jerseys and doing our best to get "Go Leafs Go" going amongst those filthy Canadiens fans.

Truly a bucket list experience. I can't wait!!

Good luck Leafs brother,
What a great situation to see a game in Montreal . . . the first real, meaningful meeting between the Habs and the Buds that actually means something. The emotions will be out in full force! You're with the family, so hopefully it all goes peacefully (and hopefully your kids don't understand French swear words) . . .

...because it's going to be you cheering at the end of the game!
Good luck and have fun.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The most important thing about this game is that I'm going!!!

Making the pilgrimage from Burlington with the family. We'll be decked out in our jerseys and doing our best to get "Go Leafs Go" going amongst those filthy Canadiens fans.

Truly a bucket list experience. I can't wait!!
Have a blast and enjoy the city. Consider taking the Metro rather than driving to the Bell Centre. Downtown traffic is always bad and construction has made some routes impassable. The Lucien L'Allier Metro stop goes right into the arena and it's cheaper than paying for parking.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
yeah, good comparison. also remind me a lot of this year's Islanders. great teams and built perfectly to give a team like the Leafs trouble, even though the Leafs have a lot more talent.

Its going to be proof saturday night if Babcocks systems are mediocre for the talent he has. We have a superstar squad. They have an elite goalie.

Montreal looked deadly vs Jets.
We need to look like how we did vs Bolts.

No excuses. Show up.

Massive game. Go leafs!!!

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Its going to be proof saturday night if Babcocks systems are mediocre for the talent he has. We have a superstar squad. They have an elite goalie.

Montreal looked deadly vs Jets.
We need to look like how we did vs Bolts.

No excuses. Show up.

Massive game. Go leafs!!!

Montreal doesn’t play like Tampa. They play gap and lane control D relying on their speed and quickness.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
The Habs are a team that can cause us real trouble, especially with Price playing the way he is. Could be a frustrating game. Well need to get on the board early and dictate play.

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
The Habs are a team that can cause us real trouble, especially with Price playing the way he is. Could be a frustrating game. Well need to get on the board early and dictate play.
For the first time ever, I looked at a non Leaf forum, the Montreal Canadians.

Not one thread about tomorrow’s game with us. Far worse;, a thread has the title “Habs next 4 contenders to deal with as TB, Winnipeg, Nashville and I forget the fourth.

How demeaning! Let’s smoke them.

On a side note, I grew up just north of Montreal, attended several Habs games. I must say they do have knowledgeable and classy fans. I wish them well (except playing my beloved Leafs), it is nice to see such an illustrious organization return to exciting successful hockey.

Reactions: Lshap

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015

Not one thread about tomorrow’s game with us. Far worse;, a thread has the title “Habs next 4 contenders to deal with as TB, Winnipeg, Nashville and I forget the fourth.

On a side note, I grew up just north of Montreal, attended several Habs games. I must say they do have knowledgeable and classy fans. I wish them well (except playing my beloved Leafs), it is nice to see such an illustrious organization return to exciting successful hockey.

You're wrong there, I went and looked and here is the thread title I saw

Predictions for the next 4 games against 4 contenders (Jets, TML, Preds, TBL)

Don't forget that we are TML.

HOF Paul Henderson

Jan 16, 2019

Habs are a great rival, I love playing them AND seeing them do well...as long as we eventually beat them.

Montreal is a great city too, beautiful and big and fun.

They’re a rival you can respect from a city you want to visit.

But even so

A part of me wants to see the team relocate to Houston and then fold as an organization. Because hatehatehatehatehatehatehate

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

The 4th was TML.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!

they got one up now, they must of listened to you lol.

Reactions: HOF Paul Henderson

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
they got one up now, they must of listened to you lol.

Yeah, and those Habs fans are a pretty confident bunch, they all think that they'll beat us easily. Personally, I still feel that the Habs are playing over there heads just like we did in 2014 up to the 68th game when we were 3rd overall in the league and then lost 12 out of the next 14 to miss the playoffs (18 Wheeler). I feel that 18-Wheeler could happen to the Habs as they did not do a proper rebuild like we did. But then again, last year I kept waiting for Vegas to come to reality as an extension team but they never did and even went to the SCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad