Pre-Game Talk: @ Montreal, Sat 7pm ->>> 4 POINT GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Yeah, and those Habs fans are a pretty confident bunch, they all think that they'll beat us easily. Personally, I still feel that the Habs are playing over there heads just like we did in 2014 up to the 68th game when we were 3rd overall in the league and then lost 12 out of the next 14 to miss the playoffs (18 Wheeler). I feel that 18-Wheeler could happen to the Habs as they did not do a proper rebuild like we did. But then again, last year I kept waiting for Vegas to come to reality as an extension team but they never did and even went to the SCF.

The 2014 Leafs were one of the worst possession teams in the analytics era. The 2019 Habs are one of the top teams in terms of possessions in the league as of right now.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yeah, and those Habs fans are a pretty confident bunch, they all think that they'll beat us easily. Personally, I still feel that the Habs are playing over there heads just like we did in 2014 up to the 68th game when we were 3rd overall in the league and then lost 12 out of the next 14 to miss the playoffs (18 Wheeler). I feel that 18-Wheeler could happen to the Habs as they did not do a proper rebuild like we did. But then again, last year I kept waiting for Vegas to come to reality as an extension team but they never did and even went to the SCF.
disagree. Habs pretty much are what they are at this point

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It depends what your goals are. If you want home ice, and don't care about opponent, then you want 2 points and 0 points for them. If you stritclty want Montreal in the first round, then you won't mind a loss. I just want home ice, the hell with the opponent. A regulation win, please.

Reactions: hoglund

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
image.png

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
It depends what your goals are. If you want home ice, and don't care about opponent, then you want 2 points and 0 points for them. If you stritclty want Montreal in the first round, then you won't mind a loss. I just want home ice, the hell with the opponent. A regulation win, please.

If you're a Leafs you always mind a loss to the Habs. Let them win their games after the Leafs, hopefully, kick their ass.

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
I fully expect the “good” Leafs to show up tonight. Saturday night against our oldest rival who happens to be much better than expected this year. The talent gap between the two teams will show, 5-2 Leafs

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
If you're a Leafs you always mind a loss to the Habs. Let them win their games after the Leafs, hopefully, kick their ass.
He's saying that it's no disaster if they lose especially if you want the Leafs to play the Habs first round, which would be better than Boston or Tampa bay. It's always nice to beat the Habs, but they've not been a good team for 25 years and really it was the 70's the last time they were dominant, so hating them is harder than it used to be. Don't worry I still hate them, just not as much as I used to.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Next two games could be a repeat of the the TBL, Florida back to back games. Let's see what this team has learned from those two games.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
We have the skill, but they play a hard skating, high tempo game.

If we don't respond in kind, and Price plays the way he can, we could be in trouble and embarrassed.

As much as I like the skill our team has, our lack of push-back and tendency to wilt under relentless pressure is very disconcerting.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I hate to say it, but Carey Price scares the crap out of me in a playoff series. We are a better team from top to bottom, but not in goal.

The fear is with his reputation not his actual play. 926. 900. 916 save percentage last three years. He is above average but not elite. His name is however. Andersen over the same three years 918. 918. 923. Leafs are as good in the net as the Habs.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
The 2014 Leafs were one of the worst possession teams in the analytics era. The 2019 Habs are one of the top teams in terms of possessions in the league as of right now.

Look at goals for and against for both teams. Tells a bigger story. If Leafs win tonight. Big if and win their two make up games there will be 7 points between them. Habs made some good decisions opting for speed and youth this year. It has served them well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->