Pre-Game Talk: @ Montreal, Sat 7pm ->>> 4 POINT GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Montreal’s speed could give the Leafs fits.

At one point, I was thinking the Habs would be a winnable playoff matchup for the Leafs. It’s still winnable but I’m not as convinced as I once was.

Reactions: NiftyMits

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
This should be a good game. Leafs have been good against teams that are pretty dangerous.

The kind of game where the Leafs elite forwards need to be at their best. Just use their depth and let's see how the whole group does. And it is always enjoyable to beat Montreal so let's just do that.

Reactions: willmma

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The thing is that if they work just as hard as the Habs do and play with just as much desire, they can whoop their asses. The talent gap between us and them is big.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Andersen will have to be brilliant. I suspect he’ll face a lot of odd man rushes

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Hope we don’t underestimate the Habs. They’ll make us pay early if we don’t show up. They’re a hardworking team. Good thing for us Matthews usually has Price’s number. Expecting it to be a good one.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
just checking our playoff chances:

Toronto Maple Leafs Playoff Chances
Did not play, playoff odds down 0.08 to 99.7%

we've basically got this locked up at this point.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We've got more talent but they work like crazy

If we show up with a quality effort we win imo, anything less and were going to be in tough though

Price is on a tear, he's rocking over a 950sv% the last 8 games
If we want to score we need him to see plenty of rubber, so no getting the crap shot out of us please

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Habs might be a bit faster of the team but we are a lot more skilled and equal or better at every position.

But rival games are rival games. Teams tend to play up to there opp in these type of games.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Habs might be a bit faster of the team but we are a lot more skilled and equal or better at every position.

But rival games are rival games. Teams tend to play up to there opp in these type of games.
Until we see Kapanen pick off a cross ice pass on the PK and wheel down main street like a rocket. I think we have plenty of speed to burn..... Willy is ready to pop. Matthews line (though he scored) must be itching to find their game.

We shouldn't be the the group that's worried... well maybe , because of consistency. But how can you lay an egg in Montreal, on Saturday night, when we are only 1 pt up on these guys

Reactions: Erdinger

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I just love that there’s a four pointer against the Habs on a cold blustery Saturday night in February. This is how it should be.

Yup. Toronto and Montreal both relevant in February, how long has it been? Hats off to Montreal, they're the biggest surprise of the years for me, I thought they'd miss the playoffs for sure. They beat the crap out of WPG too, very impressive. A 1st round match-up with these guys is starting to look like a very real possibility, very cool!

No one should take this one lightly and expect the Habs to roll over.

You'd have to be an moron to take this one lightly. Especially since MTL is at home which means they're likely the betting favourites in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad