Pre-Game Talk: @ Montreal, Sat 7pm ->>> 4 POINT GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Am I the only one that is fine going to ot? I want nothing to do with the Bruins. Keep the habs ahead of them .
hopefully play them 1st round.

This isn't a "watch what you wish for" this is strictly not wanting to deal with Boston and sending them through the other division.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gary Nylund

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The team that is willing to fight through the checking will win this game. The Leafs can’t stand around in both ends of the rink watching the play and expect to win.
Montreal isn’t too rough, or hasn’t been, so it’s a team they may like to play against. Now if their pest come out wash a few faces that could change things.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'm I the only one that is fine going to ot? I want nothing to do with the Bruins. Keep the habs ahead of them .

This isn't a "watch what you wish for" this is strictly not wanting to deal with Boston and sending them through the other division.

Last 3 playoffs (including 2012-2013) leafs did not have home ice.

I just want to get home ice even if it is only for one round; hopefully that would change the outcome for the playoffs for us in the 1st round

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I'm I the only one that is fine going to ot? I want nothing to do with the Bruins. Keep the habs ahead of them .

I think so, too. Montreal may be the best matchup of all the playoff teams.
Especially if Boston adds some secondary scoring.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Imagine having 3 forwards making over 10 million in your line-up.
Then imagine having a Vezina caliber keeper.
What's missing?

Leafs have no excuse to be starting the playoffs on the road this year.

Just win.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Am I the only one that is fine going to ot? I want nothing to do with the Bruins. Keep the habs ahead of them .

Would rather face Boston tbh. Think we have to get through them regardless and honestly with the Bruins the Leafs hopefully won't fail to take them seriously while Montreal would come in as a massive underdog and Price is looking like he's in 2014 form these days, which is a dangerous thing. Gives me some 2010 Washington Capitals type vibes.

I hope we destroy these clowns on Saturday. Good thing we have Matthews the Habs/Price killer, 9 goals in 8 games against Montreal in his career.

Reactions: ACC1224

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Habs play eerily similar to last years Vegas team. The lineup is entirely underwhelming but they give you absolutely zero time because they are flying and get elite level goaltending.

And our team is the opposite.
the 11 million amigos, 1 Left winger and patchwork D.

Just feels lopsided.

getting worse next year.

Reactions: Habz4Evr

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Imagine having 3 forwards making over 10 million in your line-up.
Then imagine having a Vezina caliber keeper.
What's missing?

Leafs have no excuse to be starting the playoffs on the road this year.

Just win.

3 left wingers and 3 right D.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Would rather face Boston tbh. Think we have to get through them regardless and honestly with the Bruins the Leafs hopefully won't fail to take them seriously while Montreal would come in as a massive underdog and Price is looking like he's in 2014 form these days, which is a dangerous thing. Gives me some 2010 Washington Capitals type vibes.

I hope we destroy these clowns on Saturday. Good thing we have Matthews the Habs/Price killer, 9 goals in 8 games against Montreal in his career.
Sending Boston through the other side would be ideal.... don't mind playing them in the East final at the earliest. I just want a different path... think we can prepare differently for Montreal and not have the lumps (which we would in a Bruin series).

Would be hard not to "get up" for a Habs playoff series.... think it would be nice having a spring board into next rounds if Matthews, Marner, JT start rolling in a less bruising series (likely back to back... Both Habs and TB are fine exchanging chances. Boston goes into lockdown , by clogging up zones)

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Montreal- Massive underdogs? They may have home ice advantage.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I don't care who they face, I doubt the team or players do either.
If they're worried that they can't handle a team, they're going nowhere anyway.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Montreal- Massive underdogs? They may have home ice advantage.
They likely won't as the Leafs have one of the easiest schedules down the stretch. Also, regardless of where they are in the standings, they are definitely still massive underdogs as you look at the names on their roster compared to ours. Not a single player is PPG on that team.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don't care who they face, I doubt the team or players do either.
If they're worried that they can't handle a team, they're going nowhere anyway.

They matchup better with certain styles, though. Until they decide they want to fight and get on the right side of the puck they’ll struggle against teams that rely on systems and not talent.
Tavares and Marner have the effort and probably won’t be taken out of a series, some others need to prove it.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
They matchup better with certain styles, though. Until they decide they want to fight and get on the right side of the puck they’ll struggle against teams that rely on systems and not talent.
Tavares and Marner have the effort and probably won’t be taken out of a series, some others need to prove it.
Losing that kind of series might not be a bad thing in the long run.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They likely won't as the Leafs have one of the easiest schedules down the stretch. Also, regardless of where they are in the standings, they are definitely still massive underdogs as you look at the names on their roster compared to ours. Not a single player is PPG on that team.

Definitely a system team that plays with effort. I don’t think Montreal is a great team, but based on how the Leafs have played this year it wouldnt be a surprise if they were to beat Toronto.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Losing that kind of series might not be a bad thing in the long run.

If both teams show up and there aren’t a bunch of fluke goals, tomorrow night should give Dubas a clear picture of what he needs to do short term and long term.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Hopefully negative corsi Matthews can do something.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
If both teams show up and there aren’t a bunch of fluke goals, tomorrow night should give Dubas a clear picture of what he needs to do short term and long term.
Was in Montreal last weekend and watched both Hab games.
I didn't find them that impressive but agree this game will be a good test.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Just weather the storm and you should win the game.

The Habs play a fast in your face game, but if you're not sloppy you can play around that.

Hope Babs has them ready to play.

member 298589

Less chance for Babcock to micromanage the lines is good in my book. Minimize silly turnovers when Montreal forechecks and we will win.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Dear Leafs:

I would like to request that you administer the NHL equivalent of a "Nut punch" to the Habs.

Thank you
Liferleafer

Reactions: HR Pickens

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I don't know about that. On neutral ice we'd be favourites (not massive favourites though) but that's as of today, a lot can change in 2 months. If they slip past us in the standings and start the series at home, they'll probably be slight favourites at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad