Proposal: Montreal - Rangers

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
This is one of those deals that is actually decent

You can tell, because fans from both sides don't want it, but both sides stand to gain a decent amount from the deal.

I would personally remove the 9th, Fast and Galchenyuk and add another 2nd from Montreal.

Patches, Chicago and Toronto's 2nds and Schlemko

for

Zibanejad, Smith.

Why would the Rangers want Patches or Schlemko? Why would they consider moving their #1 center for players the team does not need during a re build? There is nothing to benefit NYR in this proposal.

Reactions: bl02 and Rangers_23

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Overpaid? Put an elastic band around your head and snap out of it.
Currently he's on a very very fair contract but he will soon ask to be overpaid don't you think? 6 or 7 years maybe 6-7 million per. Hence the Rangers would be dumb to acquire him. He should be traded to a team that is looking to win in the next year or two.

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
I have a feeling Habs fans are going to be really disappointed in the return when Patches is finally traded.

I do have to say all you hear about is how badly Montreal fans want to trade Patches and Galchenyuk yet they want the world for them. If they were as good as what you think you can get for them then you wouldn’t want to trade them.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I have a feeling Habs fans are going to be really disappointed in the return when Patches is finally traded.

I don't know. I think he easily gets a mid-late 1st and a prospect at the deadline. If there aren't any offers better than that right now, they just keep him til the deadline.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Zib is a bonafide 1C.
He is way better than Stepan 2Oth best pivot level 1C, esp. if you take into account age, wear and tear and contract.
Would rather have Zib for halfish of Toews or Malkin

Is Zib good enough to be considered something like Eichel lite? No.
but 2nd liner maybe borderline 1C is bs and I have to call you on it, not withstanding everyone has a right to their opinion.

If Juulsen were not injured during much of his debut, he could be fully worth at least if not more than 15OA. Unfortunately, we can only project he will continue to improve, but there is no basis to suddenly think he will turn into a superstar overnight. He is simply a solid add.

Habs want Zib valued at like 30% of 3OA when it is closer to at least 80, if not 90% minimum. The add is small to moderate at most.

Zib - 3OA
15OA - Juulsen, who was drafted later 26th but is getting there but working out so far
2 lesser pieces reduce difference
This has got to be one of the most homer comment ever.

Bonafide 1C? Come on. If all you have for comparison to assume Zib is a bonafide 1C is Stepan, don't wonder why you're saying homer stuff.
80% if not 90% of the third OA? Come on.

That 3rd OA is clearly worth more than a good second line, borderline 1C.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Zib is a bonafide 1C.
He is way better than Stepan 2Oth best pivot level 1C, esp. if you take into account age, wear and tear and contract.
Would rather have Zib for halfish of Toews or Malkin

Is Zib good enough to be considered something like Eichel lite? No.
but 2nd liner maybe borderline 1C is bs and I have to call you on it, not withstanding everyone has a right to their opinion.

If Juulsen were not injured during much of his debut, he could be fully worth at least if not more than 15OA. Unfortunately, we can only project he will continue to improve, but there is no basis to suddenly think he will turn into a superstar overnight. He is simply a solid add.

Habs want Zib valued at like 30% of 3OA when it is closer to at least 80, if not 90% minimum. The add is small to moderate at most.

Zib - 3OA
15OA - Juulsen, who was drafted later 26th but is getting there but working out so far
2 lesser pieces reduce difference

He is a not a top end 1 line center in any world. And he is not worth anywhere close to the 3rd overall in a draft that has a lot of good talent. You have to face that he is 25 years old has played 409 games and has hit 50 points only once in his career. He also is not amazing taking faceoffs, is not a big hitter, etc. Teams want a #1 center that produces and so far he is not a huge producer. Galchenyuk is a year younger and has more goals and points than him. So no, he does not impress me as a supposed #1 center.

And this idea of adding two players "to make up the difference" is a joke, especially when one is a borderline NHLer and the other has yet to play a game in the NHL and was not exactly impressive in the AHL last year.

Habs will keep the pick and draft the best player available and be very content with that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad