Proposal: Montreal - Rangers

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Wow. Just shut this down lol. I would maybe do that trade for Max alone, but the rest of the pieces are too much. NYR would have to include Skjei or Chytil.

Reactions: CoopersFalls

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Laughably bad for the Rangers.

The Rangers just started a rebuild, so why the hell would we want Patches and Shlemko? Galchenyuk is still young, but not worth nearly that much to the Rangers. If you think you're getting anything more than a 2nd for him, it isn't going to be from the Rangers.

Here's a tip to all the other people thinking about trying to squeeze valuable assets out of the Rangers for taking Brendan Smith off our hands: don't. Smith's contract isn't an issue. We don't need the cap space in the middle of a rebuild. He will be given the chance to prove himself again. If he fails, he'll continue to ride buses in the AHL.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Even if you take out 9th overall I wouldn’t do it
Zib has insanely chemistry with Kreider and played like a legit 1C this year, he struggled after an injury early-mid season but he always seems to do that. He lit it up at the beginning and end of the year. Him and Lias are also becoming good friends
Fast is far too important to our team and is one of the only “heart and soul” players we have
We have no need for Patches, Galchenyuk I wouldn’t mind in a smaller deal
No way we are trading 9th overall unless it’s to move up, there will be a potential top pair dman there this year
We also don’t really need to get rid of Smith just yet. This makes 0 sense for us

Reactions: Klaus3154

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Laughably bad for the Rangers.

The Rangers just started a rebuild, so why the hell would we want Patches and Shlemko? Galchenyuk is still young, but not worth nearly that much to the Rangers. If you think you're getting anything more than a 2nd for him, it isn't going to be from the Rangers.

Here's a tip to all the other people thinking about trying to squeeze valuable assets out of the Rangers for taking Brendan Smith off our hands: don't. Smith's contract isn't an issue. We don't need the cap space in the middle of a rebuild. He will be given the chance to prove himself again. If he fails, he'll continue to ride buses in the AHL.

I get rangers fans not being interested in this trade but can we stop with the ridiculous comments.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don't speak for everyone, but I don't like Montreal. I don't want your players, and I don't want to risk giving up the asset that makes Montreal better. I'm perfectly happy watching Carey Price cripple that team financially while they return the favor by wasting his prime being non competitive. I'm a hater. At least I admit it. I'm ok with things just the way they are.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
This is where you are expected to chime in about how Gardiner for Pacioretty would be a great trade for the Habs.
gardiner gives the habs a pmd which they sorely lack and will probably be worth a 2nd + a good prospect at the deadline. he doesn't have the baggage of being a hated, bad captian like maxpac does and when bergevin ultimately gets hosed on a deal for gardiner, at least fans can't say "bargain bin got jack shit for our captain; he is an awful gm".

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Not worth it for the Rangers at all. Zinabejad and Galchenyuk probably have similar value and are only a year apart in age, but Zibanejad is extended for two extra years and is more solidified as a center. Having Pacioretty for a year does absolutely nothing for New York, since they’re not going to be competitive next year regardless. Smith can be buried for the next three years for all I care, given there is not any impending cap crunch for the Rangers. Sure, Pacioretty would be quite an upgrade over Fast (albeit for just one season), but losing the ninth overall would just be ateocious asset management for such a meaningless rental. Schlemko doesn’t make the Rangers better, so there’s little value there from him for New York.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Horrible for the Rangers. If Smith doesn't get his act together he can enjoy Hartford. There is no need to have to package a good center on a very good contract, our best pick we've had in forever and a guy who can play up and down the lineup. Not saying Max is a bad player but doesn't fit what the Rangers are trying to do AT ALL!

Reactions: haveandare

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad