Post-Game Talk: Montreal loses 4-3 to Winnipeg

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I thought it was a pretty good pre season game. Dach and Caufield looking great out there, Allen looking good too so far.

Dadonov clearly not up to speed yet, damn what a game for him 😂

Gallagher actually looking like his usual self, let's see if he can carry that into the season.

The confidence that Guhle and Xhekaj already have is awesome to watch! Obviously their games aren't flawless, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far!
What the preseason has shown is that slowly but surely we are assembling the building blocks for long term success. Now with a little patience and a bit of luck, that success will not be too far off.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Yeah, trade was great, but Dadonov, Hoffman & Drouin ... :ha:
Yea I know. Dadonov and Hoffman I can’t stand. Drouin im not the biggest fan of but I can tolerate him. Good news is the 2 of them have one year left and the other has 2. Very good odds that 2 of the 3 are gone by the deadline if not before

What the preseason has shown is that slowly but surely we are assembling the building blocks for long term success. Now with a little patience and a bit of luck, that success will not be too far off.
Agreed. There are some building blocks scattered around but also some anchors. That’s okay - part of the process and over time (next year or 2) many of those anchors like Hoffman, Dadonov, Drouin will go away.

There’s some good pieces and now we just have to be patient. Teams sometimes try to rush it at this stage but let some of those contracts run out and give the kids a chance at those times and the rebuild will continue to be in great shape

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I watched two periods last night, (yawn). I saw a team that is still struggling to create/generate offense despite the claims that we would play a more uptempo exciting game, we had less than ten shots by the 6-minute mark of the second period. Maybe the third period was different.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I watched two periods last night, (yawn). I saw a team that is still struggling to create/generate offense despite the claims that we would play a more uptempo exciting game, we had less than ten shots by the 6-minute mark of the second period. Maybe the third period was different.
Most of the players playing last night were at best career AHLers who will be flushed out of the organization within the next two years. They couldn’t play an uptempo game if they were led by Count Bassie.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
To be fair, it’s only one of many watered down lineup permutations.

I’m expecting better offence than last year once the final roster is set, deadwood and all.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That third period was a lot of fun.

In fact it's exactly what we want. A lot of fun and exciting hockey while we lose.
The only reason it was fun is because the Ref blew the Dach/Stanley call and it got the players dander up. That type of call early in a regular season game will almost always cause the refs to lose control of the game.

Reactions: Runner77

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I was anticipating MSL highly touted Juggernaut offence,but it is naut the case.lol

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Dach had a Lindros faceoff where he just decided to ram into the opposition. It worked, although not as beautifully as Lindros did it.

Dadonov was pretty bad, but it's early and those giveaways can maybe fix themselves. If not, he will be a beautiful tank commander.

I'm sorry for Primeau having a bad game, but he was really hung out to dry in the 3rd by some of the worst giveaways. I haven't seen the first 2 periods. Also, Price usually always sucked in early preseason games. They are for warming up and they don't really matter. I hope he is now tougher mentally and won't care about this one. He has enough talent to make it if he holds it mentally.

Attachments

• 5D7C432C-2033-4FB1-BCE5-3D85F4C7C427.jpeg
    5D7C432C-2033-4FB1-BCE5-3D85F4C7C427.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Love
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00