Post-Game Talk: Montreal loses 4-3 to Winnipeg

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Holy shit, I hate Dadonov already, so many freaking giveaways. Dadonov, Hoffman & Drouin are going to make this a tough team to watch.

Guhle is NHL ready. He's a beast.

Caufield looks great.

Gallagher may not quite be done yet.

I think I'm ok with Dach trade.

3 losses.
The Dadonov trade was needed. He won’t be great but it’s better than carrying a huge cap hit for 4 more years. 1 year and it’s all over. Maybe can even dump him at deadline

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
I thought it was a pretty good pre season game. Dach and Caufield looking great out there, Allen looking good too so far.

Dadonov clearly not up to speed yet, damn what a game for him 😂

Gallagher actually looking like his usual self, let's see if he can carry that into the season.

The confidence that Guhle and Xhekaj already have is awesome to watch! Obviously their games aren't flawless, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far!

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
I thought it was a pretty good pre season game. Dach and Caufield looking great out there, Allen looking good too so far.

Dadonov clearly not up to speed yet, damn what a game for him 😂

Gallagher actually looking like his usual self, let's see if he can carry that into the season.

The confidence that Guhle and Xhekaj already have is awesome to watch! Obviously their games aren't flawless, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far!
That's crucial for these young players. You can add Harris to the both of them as well.

Norlinder and Primeau, however, don't seem to have any confidence when in the NHL.

You need a lil swagger to unlock your potential.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Yeah, he will make it. To get him on a camp invite is insane value.

Quick feet like that always make it. Add it to a gigantic frame and you have a 5-6 D at the minimum, depending on his tool box. I'm impressed by the guy.

Reactions: HostileCapSpace

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
That's crucial for these young players. You can add Harris to the both of them as well.

Norlinder and Primeau, however, don't seem to have any confidence when in the NHL.

You need a lil swagger to unlock your potential.
I'm not going to go too hard after Primeau when he comes in off the bench. I'd like to see him get a full game vs Ottawa to set him up for a good AHL year. Although he does seem to be lacking that next gear so far...

I thought Norilonder played his best game so far, maybe he can string a couple decent games together 🤞

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
I'm not going to go too hard after Primeau when he comes in off the bench. I'd like to see him get a full game vs Ottawa to set him up for a good AHL year. Although he does seem to be lacking that next gear so far...

I thought Norilonder played his best game so far, maybe he can string a couple decent games together 🤞
I agree on both counts.

Norlinder had a shaky first period but played much better from the 2nd. He needs to find his identity and understand that he needs to play to his strengths and stop being timid. If you're not going to make it, make sure that it was because your strengths were not good enough. I want to see him be more assertive and daring. That's the only way he'll make it: by being himself and not trying to compromise. You can improve your defense gradually. Go out there and show them what you've got offensively.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Drou-drou will save the day by having a career year and then be traded for a first.
LOl..........nice, everyone knows you are having some fun here!!
Poor guy can't even play in the preseason now........waivers and Laval hopefully for him and Hoffman...give those spots to the kids who show some jam in their game.
Tired of vets mailing it in...........

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Another over rated prospect....gee surprise, surprise

I remember when people said the same about Fucale :laugh:

Every prospect in this franchise is a superstar until proven otherwise :laugh:

I forgot there was a game last night, glad I didn't waste my time
It's a mania that affects many fans of all teams. Misplaced hope/hype that is often replaced by disappointment. Until the next great prospect comes along. And so it continues. And continues.

Reactions: the and Weltschmerz

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Well, he's a skilled guy with soft hands so maybe he usually tried to make plays throughout his career rather than bang and crash.

Guys that big with such amount of skill are really rare and we now have two of them...

Slafkovsky is not very physical either.

Seems like you expect power forwards while these two will be more like big playmaking players able to use their body/reach to protect the puck and stuff.
Nobody is talking about banging and crashing or even fighting. There are ways to stand up for yourself without dropping the gloves or being a physical player. Several guys from Winnipeg took liberties with him last night and they knew they could get away with it.

I think one of the biggest positives of last night's game was that Gallagher looked more like his old self.
Hope he can turn it around. I don't think anyone will ever take this guy in a trade but if he can at least be a positive contributor, the contract will hurt less. He'll never live up to that contract, but we can eat it even if he becomes like noodle arms Gionta was in his last years.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Nobody is talking about banging and crashing or even fighting. There are ways to stand up for yourself without dropping the gloves or being a physical player. Several guys from Winnipeg took liberties with him last night and they knew they could get away with it.

Hope he can turn it around. I don't think anyone will ever take this guy in a trade but if he can at least be a positive contributor, the contract will hurt less. He'll never live up to that contract, but we can eat it even if he becomes like noodle arms Gionta was in his last years.
Honestly, I think you're exaggerating quite a bit about his softness.

In the sequence when he got punched in the face he was clearly acting just to get a call for the team...

Reactions: Redux91 and Beaker

Guillermo

Aug 13, 2002
Hull / Québec
Visit site
I agree on both counts.

Norlinder had a shaky first period but played much better from the 2nd. He needs to find his identity and understand that he needs to play to his strengths and stop being timid. If you're not going to make it, make sure that it was because your strengths were not good enough. I want to see him be more assertive and daring. That's the only way he'll make it: by being himself and not trying to compromise. You can improve your defense gradually. Go out there and show them what you've got offensively.
He made an awesome saucer pass to Trudeau for the one timer during the game !!

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
He made an awesome saucer pass to Trudeau for the one timer during the game !!
I know, but right before that he took his sweet time and casually went to retrieve the puck along the boards. The vision and skills are there. He needs to show more intensity, hustle, and offensive panache. We all know he's capable of more. But he's just not showing it. It's mental.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Where the hell did this Dandonov guy come from?

Primeau just punched his ticket to Laval. Was headed there eventually. Montembault is Allen's back-up.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah, trade was great, but Dadonov, Hoffman & Drouin ... :ha:

1664568208822.png

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00