Post-Game Talk: Montreal loses 4-3 to Winnipeg

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Just watched the highlights.

If this weren't a preseason game, that Dadonov play would become a legend in the same tier as Gonchar casually watching Moen skate by him in the playoffs all those years back.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I have no idea where the Dach is soft narrative came from but glad it’s being exposed as false so quickly.

There were reports that Dach wasn't making good use of his 6'4 body, and some habs fans read in that it meant he's soft even though thats not what it was about.

When you're that big you have the strength to overpower people (in puck battles, puck protection, etc.), and Dach wasn't making use of it enough. Armia and Slafkovsky are two players that are great at using their big body to their advantage.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
There were reports that Dach wasn't making good use of his 6'4 body, and some habs fans read in that it meant he's soft even though thats not what it was about.

When you're that big you have the strength to overpower people (in puck battles, puck protection, etc.), and Dach wasn't making use of it enough. Armia and Slafkovsky are two players that are great at using their big body to their advantage.
I felt he did have good moments but he also gets pushed around a lot. I think that's where it comes from. Those moments really stand out.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I felt he did have good moments but he also gets pushed around a lot. I think that's where it comes from. Those moments really stand out.
He's not done growing into that frame he has, he still looks quite lanky out there.

I'm extremely happy they managed to lock him up for the next 4 years!

It should be enough time for him to reach his potential.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
He's not done growing into that frame he has, he still looks quite lanky out there.

I'm extremely happy they managed to lock him up for the next 4 years!

It should be enough time for him to reach his potential.
I think he lacks confidence in his size. He doesn't need to chnage his game but be a little meaner when challenged. He took some dirty hits and didn't stand up for himself.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I think he lacks confidence in his size. He doesn't need to chnage his game but be a little meaner when challenged. He took some dirty hits and didn't stand up for himself.
Looked fine to me, to be honest, the way some Hawks described him I was expecting Charmin Ultra Soft. And he looks more like two-ply industrial stuff.

There's definitely place for more with that frame and skating ability, hopefully, it's something he develops as he gets stronger.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Looked fine to me, to be honest, the way some Hawks described him I was expecting Charmin Ultra Soft. And he looks more like two-ply industrial stuff.

There's definitely place for more with that frame and skating ability, hopefully, it's something he develops as he gets stronger.
I don't think his problem is his body. It's between the ears.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don't think his problem is his body. It's between the ears.
Well, he's a skilled guy with soft hands so maybe he usually tried to make plays throughout his career rather than bang and crash.

Guys that big with such amount of skill are really rare and we now have two of them...

Slafkovsky is not very physical either.

Seems like you expect power forwards while these two will be more like big playmaking players able to use their body/reach to protect the puck and stuff.

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
For sure. Though while I know everyone is still Bedard obsessed, and I get it, I’m now hoping we start focusing on dmen.

Agreed. Even if the stars align and a perfect world happens where we finish last and Florida 2nd last, we are still more likely to NOT draft first overall based on the lottery odds. So we may as well get Bedard out of our heads as we likely will not get him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Kirby heard all you meanies say bad things about him this summer.

View attachment 589736

0e356ad009171c65382ac9dba154ac85.jpg

:sarcasm:

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Dach reminds me a lot of Bobby Smith. Couple of bigger guys that didn't really want to get into the physical side of things that much, more interested in playing hockey. Smith was an awful fighter and didn't like doing it much, but he would, when he had too, I feel like Dach is built along the same lines.

I think an important thing to remember is that Dach is playing exhibition hockey. We don't need him getting injured in a nothing game against Winnipeg in the pre-season. I saw a guy who was engaged all night and was flying out there by times. I'm not worried about him not wanting to fight Paul Stanley or anyone else. It's not his game and not what we want him doing. There's a time and a place for that stuff.

I mean, he fought Blake Coleman, and it was an ugly, wild swinging affair between two guys who didn't really seem to know what they were doing, but he did stand up for DeBrincat.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Dach has had major injury issues with his wrist throughout his very young career and people wanted him to fight that big oaf Stanley in a pre-season game when he's down on the ice at the end of a shift?

It was ridiculous that Stanley didn't get an extra penalty for the free shot he took at Dach while he was down.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Dach has had major injury issues with his wrist throughout his very young career and people wanted him to fight that big oaf Stanley in a pre-season game when he's down on the ice at the end of a shift?

It was ridiculous that Stanley didn't get an extra penalty for the free shot he took at Dach while he was down.
Yeah that Ref is a disgrace that he called minors on both players.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Byron can get value IF he can get a healthy run.

Armia has minus infinity value. No one wants that stupid contract :laugh:
In the case of Byron, IF is for Impossible Fact. Nobody think he will be healthy, not even himself, lol.

I forgot the Armia stupid contract, lol. As a matter of fact, all the players who had some value are gone last year : Danault, Chariot, Toffoli, Kulak and Lehkonen. It's like the Marché aux Puces when the best things are sold at 7am. The rest of the day are for the crap nobody wants, lol.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's really a shame that anyone who tips 6'1"+ is automatically looked down on for not being a goon or physical presence.

Just enjoy that we have a big, rangy center with skill who can gain the offensive zone with ease and make beautiful passes in his sleep.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Love it! We need to add more to that with next year’s strong draft class. We have the perfect mix of veterans to drive the tank!

Gallagher
Drouin
Armia
Dadanov
Byron
Hoffman
Savard
Wideman

It’s perfect! Bottom 5 here we come!

🙏Adam Fantilli🙏
It's perfect for tank but also perfect to watch something else on tv. Is Gala, Drou, Arm, Dad, Byr, Hoff and etc are more entertaining than Magnum, McGiver, Pawn Stars and Supergirl?

Dude, you turned Kirby into a straight out sociopath. :laugh:
The trick to transform a sociopath into a sympathetic person is to add romantic.
Try this : a romantic sociopath. It's already better, lol. :laugh:

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Primeau's kick at the can is running out. Too bad, many moons ago he was considered the next Price.

Another over rated prospect....gee surprise, surprise

I remember when people said the same about Fucale :laugh:

Every prospect in this franchise is a superstar until proven otherwise :laugh:

I forgot there was a game last night, glad I didn't waste my time

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: the

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad