Rumor: Montreal Interested in signing Russian forward Vadim Shipachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Damn that's a blast from the past. Frogren :laugh:

I would assume it'd be a even higher pick too considering how highly touted Ship is. At the end of the day wasting a second for him would be a big risk.

One could even argue that a 4th rounder alone is worth more than what the Leafs got out of Frogren :laugh:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Seems like its a money thing for the KHL team. Molson should just send them a few 2 4's and call it even :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Hopefully whatever the KHL tries to extort out of us Molson will pay so we can get this guy over here.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Incredible how rumors are often just a bunch of baloney....from "he's close to sign" to "He's not moving from KHL". If he's not moving, time for us to move on. CAn't wait to hear what happened in that file.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
I'm starting to believe that the Habs organisation are giving all that information to the press voluntary.

That way Marc Bergevin will be able to say : << you know what? We've tried. Its hard to sign players when you are 30 teams trying. Its hard in this league but we are working hard. At the end of the day, we were in his final choices. >>

And the fans will all eat that ****, because we will have read everywhere during the whole process that we were "this close" to sign him.

Habs fans.... willing to believe that the GM is a brilliant master manipulator creating conspiracies so he doesn't look like a bad GM... also willing to say the GM is a complete bumbling fool.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He has to buy his last contract year out, and it's 2/3 of $1.5M or $1M. I think, it's a negotiation tactics, his agent demands a compensation, because $1M is still pretty decent money to throw away. At least, I hope it is, because I want to see him in the NHL.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
giphy.gif

What's the movie again ? Saw it, forget it, bugging me now. :popcorn:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Isn't SKA the team trying to get Datsyuk while he is still under contract in the NHL?

as far as i know, datsyuk, on his own, pretty much declared the last one to be his last season in the nhl. hes effectively retiring from the nhl. also leaving his cap hit to the wings with the new CBA rules. he is returning to russia to be closer to his family (daughter iirc). i would hardly say that SKA are poaching him.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
as far as i know, datsyuk, on his own, pretty much declared the last one to be his last season in the nhl. hes effectively retiring from the nhl. also leaving his cap hit to the wings with the new CBA rules. he is returning to russia to be closer to his family (daughter iirc). i would hardly say that SKA are poaching him.

What if Shipachev retires from the KHL then?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

The same situation on each side.......we don't know that SKA didn't approach Datsyuk first, just as we don't know that Montreal approached Ship first. The most likely scenario is that the agent for each player reached out at the request from their respective clients.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
So if he can only come over mid-season, does that mean that whoever signs him would have to put him through waivers to play in the NHL? I know that happened with Nabokov years ago when Detroit (I think?) signed him, but he ended up with the Islanders.

Or maybe that's no longer a part of the CBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad