Rumor: Montreal Interested in signing Russian forward Vadim Shipachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
This makes us significantly softer though, which goes against what both Bergevin and this board seem focused on.

Well Eller can't play in the top 6. Plekanec is a top 6 player and since we only have 4 top 6 players I would think talent trumps grit in this instance.

I would highly doubt Bergevin would rather run Galchenyuk, Shipachev, Eller, Mitchel over Galchenyuk, Shipachev, Plekanec, Mitchel. The latter is simply better center depth while the former has way too many question marks.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
if MB doesn't sign Shipachyov he may lose his **** and grow that beard again. We'll then see a shot of him on an island somewhere trying to make fire.

His only friend.....a volleyball called "Therry"

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Time to scrap that 'theory ' that MB can't identify talent

Great. So we can put to rest a theory that never existed. Though....with all the stats that Shipachev has given his team over the years....I'M pretty sure you would have been able to identify that talent. Last time Bergevin "identified" a talent that wasn't so obvious.....you know the end-result of that....;)

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Time to scrap that 'theory ' that MB can't identify talent

Nah, according to HF Boards he's busy trying to sign Mike Brown/Victor Bartley and doesn't want to improve the team. He's also just leaking information to the media so that fans know he's working hard apparently.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Has anyone here watched him playing in KHL and have a good analysis on his talent ? That would be appreciated.

Good skater, great hands, always playing with his head up, excellent vision. Had a few questionable hits in the past, even missed 3 games at WHC 2014 for a headshot. Generally don't like a physical play, but because of his head is always up, it's hard to get him. Sucks at FO. His defensive game isn't great, but he plays PK on SKA and Russian NT.

Last edited:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Nah, according to HF Boards he's busy trying to sign Mike Brown/Victor Bartley and doesn't want to improve the team. He's also just leaking information to the media so that fans know he's working hard apparently.

Nobody is saying that.

Remember what happened the last time Bergevin signed the most sought after European free agent on the market?

Bergevin has made plenty of attempts to add more skill, he just shows no understanding how to integrate more talent and does nothing to stop his beloved coach from torpedoing any change. MB has actually made a ton of respectable efforts to bring creativity into the top 6, it's just that they virtually all flopped and were replaced by even more grinders.

The writing is already on the wall. Eller will be shipped as he will likely be easier to move than DD or Plekanec (not the end of the world, but it means the team is suddenly smaller), Shipachev will be heralded as a coup. 10 games later after he fails to make an impact on Plekanec's wing, he will be moved down the 4th line and ultimately scratched, then sometime in the winter he will be traded for a NHL/AHL tweener with 3rd line upside still on their rookie contract in what will be considered good asset management for another soft Eurofloater who was singlehandedly responsible for the Habs being unable to score goals.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Great. So we can put to rest a theory that never existed. Though....with all the stats that Shipachev has given his team over the years....I'M pretty sure you would have been able to identify that talent. Last time Bergevin "identified" a talent that wasn't so obvious.....you know the end-result of that....;)

Oh if you read throughout this thread, you're led to believe he's either only interested in accumulating grinders or he's not interested in trying to improve the team at all.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
The writing is already on the wall. Eller will be shipped as he will likely be easier to move than DD or Plekanec (not the end of the world, but it means the team is suddenly smaller), Shipachev will be heralded as a coup. 10 games later after he fails to make an impact on Plekanec's wing, he will be moved down the 4th line and ultimately scratched, then sometime in the winter he will be traded for a NHL/AHL tweener with 3rd line upside still on their rookie contract in what will be considered good asset management for another soft Eurofloater who was singlehandedly responsible for the Habs being unable to score goals.

Seeing as you got your crystal ball all fired up and it's still buzzing, can you give us the winning numbers in the lottery.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm starting to believe that the Habs organisation are giving all that information to the press voluntary.

That way Marc Bergevin will be able to say : << you know what? We've tried. Its hard to sign players when you are 30 teams trying. Its hard in this league but we are working hard. At the end of the day, we were in his final choices. >>

And the fans will all eat that ****, because we will have read everywhere during the whole process that we were "this close" to sign him.

Look...more loose "theories"

I just want to point out that the Habs were linked to Schipachev in April...

But I know facts don't carry as much stock around here if they even remotely put Bergevin in a positive light

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Oh if you read throughout this thread, you're led to believe he's either only interested in accumulating grinders or he's not interested in trying to improve the team at all.

Well we are going with what he says and actually does. Keep talking about stability. And succeed in bringing grinders. In 4 years, he did bring VAnek and Petry. For a longer run than 1/2 season, it's Petry as far as top players are concerned. You have to expect more than that. And somehow, even Bergie biggest defenders do SEEM to expect a bigger summer than he ever had. But yeah, he's still is good enough to recognize talent. Only thing needs to be done is bringing them home more than he did in the past.

We are not going to win an Effort Cup. That doesn't exist.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Which like it or not, isnt always entirely up to him

BUt like it or not, at the end of the day, it's STILL who is added to our lineup. Not who could have been.

Reading some people, you'd think Bergevin is the only one working hard.....

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
BUt like it or not, at the end of the day, it's STILL who is added to our lineup. Not who could have been.

Reading some people, you'd think Bergevin is the only one working hard.....

Again....don't disagree with the notion that "trying" is not enough, because it's not.

But it does blow a HUGE hole in MANY people's "theories" that he does NOTHING to try to add more skill to this team.

And don't tell me people haven't said that cause it's littered throughout many threads on this board, especially this one.

Should we be satisfied with an failed attempt at signing free agents? No

But we should be encouraged by the fact he's seemingly identified the right one's

zeeto

Oct 28, 2011
Endwell, NY
Or maybe MB decided this player is worth only so much and would not go over that amount. Chicago evaluated him a little higher. Looking only at his stats this player looks like a 3rd liner. Do we need another bottom 6 player?

MB needs to look at two forwards for his top six.
Kempny is a defenseman.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I agree, at least we have (apparently) been interested in him since April, before almost anybody here knew who he was. That's why I don't think this isn't a "me too!" situation where we're hopping on the bandwagon of the guy who led the WHC in points just because everyone else is after him. It does seem like we've been in the race the longest, or one of the longest.

On the other hand...Bergevin needs a win. Shipachev may not be a Stamkos or Okposo or whoever but it would at least be something. You can say "it takes 2 to tango, Bergevin can't be blamed if Shipachev wants to go elsewhere"...and on one hand I get that, but on the other hand, if Bergevin finds trades so hard or doesn't want to give up the pieces necessary to get a good player in a trade, then he needs to start turning in some wins in the free agency market. Otherwise he's running out of avenues with which he can use to improve the team.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Again....don't disagree with the notion that "trying" is not enough, because it's not.

But it does blow a HUGE hole in MANY people's "theories" that he does NOTHING to try to add more skill to this team.

And don't tell me people haven't said that cause it's littered throughout many threads on this board, especially this one.

But we should be encouraged by the fact he's seemingly identified the right one's

Okay. Based purely on that. I agree. Despite his stance on stability, he's looking for more talent on the back end and up front. Great. So we will then have a much better lineup as at one point, he's not going to come with nothing if he tries that hard. I'm looking forward to how it will play out. And that's not sarcasm by the way. But he will need to transform trying by winning.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well we are going with what he says and actually does. Keep talking about stability. And succeed in bringing grinders. In 4 years, he did bring VAnek and Petry. For a longer run than 1/2 season, it's Petry as far as top players are concerned. You have to expect more than that. And somehow, even Bergie biggest defenders do SEEM to expect a bigger summer than he ever had. But yeah, he's still is good enough to recognize talent. Only thing needs to be done is bringing them home more than he did in the past.

We are not going to win an Effort Cup. That doesn't exist.

For the record, I don't expect the biggest summer's ever had....

A summer similar to last year where he added a Jeff Petry would be fine by me, go add another proven top 6 player we can all pencil in our lineup next year and be sure he'll respond with a 20+ goal season would be a huge step in the right direction IMO

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Okay. Based purely on that. I agree. Despite his stance on stability, he's looking for more talent on the back end and up front. Great. So we will then have a much better lineup as at one point, he's not going to come with nothing if he tries that hard. I'm looking forward to how it will play out. And that's not sarcasm by the way. But he will need to transform trying by winning.

Agreed with last statement....Schipachev has to be a win for him, can't hang his hat on having tried.

However, I still think it's a good sign that back in April, before the season was even over, before the World Championships, the Habs were rumored to be after him

Before all other team's....that should mean 'somethings' to those who think he's completely inept as a GM (well not just that, there are other things I could point too as well, but since we're the subject of Schipachev)

Mad Brills*

Sadly he employs a clueless coach that stifles said talent.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Agreed with last statement....Schipachev has to be a win for him, can't hang his hat on having tried.

However, I still think it's a good sign that back in April, before the season was even over, before the World Championships, the Habs were rumored to be after him

Before all other team's....that should mean 'somethings' to those who think he's completely inept as a GM (well not just that, there are other things I could point too as well, but since we're the subject of Schipachev)

Well 417, based on your analysis of the whole you know who saga, it was fine to be after Shipachev...but it was not like he was a total stranger either. Kept racking the points for quite a few years. I guess the question or the merit is mostly about asking the question to a 29 year old if he had any attention in coming. That is the good job. And surely, they still did the analysis whether his style would be fine on smaller rinks and that remains to be seen. But you have to try something. And they do. So good job for doing it.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad